Do Not Sell My Personal Information

voice recognition

jack

Has anyone had a problem with their voice recognition? Sometimes when I say "dial name" NAME PLEASE "Jack". The head unit says voice recognition not available! and sometimes I have to turn off the ignition and wait 5 to 10 mins before it works again. My Girlfriends phone seems to be OK. She has a Samsung and I have a LG Viewty. I'm sure my phone worked all right when I got the car, so I might have altered a setting on the phone.

Also does my girlfriend have to store her names into the car with her voice, as my voice is not recognised when she tries to use it.

Thanks

The voice commands for the phone will most likely be based on speech patterns rather than phonetics, as such technology is complex and difficult to achieve reliably.

Meaning that phone numbers stored with your voice won't be accessible to your girlfriend, unless she can do a pretty good impression of you :P . Best to store 2 separate entries for each number you will both want to call, one with each of your voices.

i have a slightly different issue, if i say 'dial name - <name>' it says directory emtpy? but if i take a bluetooth call to my phone it figures out that 07xxxxxxxxxx = name so it clearly knows my phones directory

any ideas?

Also my phone book doesn't show up on the head unit. I have my contacts saved to the phone memory and Ford's website says the LG viewty is compatible.

I'll try and get my Girlfriend to store her "voice" on the car and see if it works.

i have a slightly different issue, if i say 'dial name - <name>' it says directory emtpy? but if i take a bluetooth call to my phone it figures out that 07xxxxxxxxxx = name so it clearly knows my phones directory

any ideas?

To make use of dial name, you first must use the store name cmd which is same process if you are going to store to store radio names that will allow you to switch stations by voice.

Of the top i think you start by saying phone, then store name and say the name of the person in your phone and once it has stored you can then use dial name feature. Works really well!!!

If in doubt check your manual it is in there!

Also my phone book doesn't show up on the head unit. I have my contacts saved to the phone memory and Ford's website says the LG viewty is compatible.

I'll try and get my Girlfriend to store her "voice" on the car and see if it works.

You might require some additional software on your phone, which will allow your phone book to be download/read by the bluetooth system in your car, I think in the manual towards the back it will provide the web site address.

You might require some additional software on your phone, which will allow your phone book to be download/read by the bluetooth system in your car, I think in the manual towards the back it will provide the web site address.

Voice control works fine but you have to speak clearly as it often mishears what you say........ :rolleyes:

I have a Samsung phone and, once paired up to the car and all numbers tranferred from sim to phone, works very well.

It can be a bit tricky to set up but like others have said persevere as it's all worth it in the end. ;)

my car has difficulty with me saying "two" for the fan setting and thinks im saying "seven" :huh:

you should say full blast then it might put it on low lol

What am I supposed to say when trying to access the iPod as it does not seem to respond to Device, Aux, iPod?

Man oh man am I ever glad I saved my money and didn't bother with the b/tooth and voice recognition!!

Chris...

The bluetooth comes in handy when you receive calls whilst driving or need to call someone. Otherwise, the voice controls are a bit redundant. Selecting track numbers is good if you know which one you want...

What am I supposed to say when trying to access the iPod as it does not seem to respond to Device, Aux, iPod?

Check in the manual, it should say, despite how shoddy it is.

Otherwise, you can just shout help at it and it will list the available commands.

I have just had another play with the phone and voice dialing. When I try and use it, the stupid woman tells me that its not possible now.

Getting a bit fed up with it. It must be user or phone error, rather than the car!!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

I believe you say "External Device", "iPod", ...(what you want to do e.g. "Play").

Someone pointed out this file in another thread. It has all the voice commands that Fords accept:

PDF Link

I have just had another play with the phone and voice dialing. When I try and use it, the stupid woman tells me that its not possible now.

Getting a bit fed up with it. It must be user or phone error, rather than the car!!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

It only tends to say "Not Possible" if you try and say a command that isn't recognised. What function are you trying to use?

It happens when I say "dial name" then "NAME"

Have you stored the name before using this function? For me, I found that having short, one syllable names caused the voice recognition to not hear me properly.

if you are ever not sure what to say just say help

plus if anyone is thinking of getting voice control do get it, very usefull for driving, love the way to turn on all different devices without having to take eyes off the road.

most usefull feature is being able to make and receive calls via your voice

Found out the problem. I think!

When my phone connects to the car, for some strange reason the phone opens up the playlist folder and it can't operate the voice control. When I close the screen, it works fine. :blink:

Man oh man am I ever glad I saved my money and didn't bother with the b/tooth and voice recognition!!

Chris...

To be honest I only got it so that I could have the USB connection which is great as I take my iPod everywhere with me now - although thinking of getting a memory stick to save all the cabeling!

To be honest I only got it so that I could have the USB connection which is great as I take my iPod everywhere with me now - although thinking of getting a memory stick to save all the cabeling!

I'm the same, if they installed the Ipod connector in the glove box then i would have been happier.

your probably better off spending the £20 on a memory stick rather than the Y cable.

Anyway, the voice recognition works fine for me, say 97%, even with my accent.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club