Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Fiesta 1.4 Lx Petrol Leak Boot, Passenger And Driver Footwell

Marocmole

Hi. I'm new, and brought the above in a private sale on 6th december 2015.

I have a water leak in boot (drivers side) rear tail light side and middle of boot. Took mat out and after not using car for 3 days, noticed drivers passenger side AND drivers foot well drenched. I have cream floor carpet!!

Any advice please, as to where it could be coming from, or where to start?

Hi

Does your car have a sunroof ?

A common area is the rear light cluster seals.

Also check the upper most part of the boot seal on the body of the car,

if there is water in the front of the car (does it have air conditioning)

Jamie

• Like 2

Thanks Jamie, I ended up taking off both the tailgate light covers and discovered that the seal just needs replacingl. I'm planning on fixing this over the weekend as I will also need to remove the rear bumper, as it leaks there too!!

• Like 1

Is it leaking in the corners of the boot, behind the bumper?

If so, its possible that the little air pressure flaps that blow open when you close the boot have torn away or just aren't creating a seal anymore

• 5 months later...
On 12/01/2016 at 6:26 PM, Marocmole said:

Hi. I'm new, and brought the above in a private sale on 6th december 2015.

I have a water leak in boot (drivers side) rear tail light side and middle of boot. Took mat out and after not using car for 3 days, noticed drivers passenger side AND drivers foot well drenched. I have cream floor carpet!!

Any advice please, as to where it could be coming from, or where to start?

Hi all,

My fiesta mk6 53 plate leaks in the boot.... or did leak now it's leak free.

I too thought it was coming in through the drivers side light pod...

I too thought it was coming in through the flimsey high brake light seal...

I too thought it was coming in through the vent behind the rear bumper on drivers side....

I even thought it was coming in through the seal around the rear hatch window....

The leak is from under the drivers side light pod, but not the pod itself. To get to it you need to remove the plastic trim which runs across the boot near the catch. Then remove the plastic upright  on right side to gain access to rear of bodywork beneath the light pod. Push the wheel arch carpet cover out of the way, grab a mirror and a torch and look up through the larger square hole the leak is coming from   between two metal panels with a lack of seam sealer....

I used bathroom sealant to seal over all the joints running beneath the light pod and down the back panel. Now i know I've solved  the problem, I've ordered a tube of Sikaflex marine strength sealant  from eBay to fix permanently.... just as soon as I've removed the cheap bathroom sealant.

Hope this helps anyone