Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Which minor mods?

laumk7

Don't bother with LED sidelights IMO, they all start flickering after a while, and are a pain to replace. LED interior lights are worth doing though, as they're much easier to replace, and they seem to last much longer.

I've had mine much longer than a filament bulb would last & they're much brighter. they also match my HIDs perfectly & draw less power

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

8 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

I've had mine much longer than a filament bulb would last & they're much brighter. they also match my HIDs perfectly & draw less power

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

So I guess you're one of the lucky ones - it's really a hit or miss.

Which ones do you have? Link?

Don't bother with LED sidelights IMO, they all start flickering after a while, and are a pain to replace. LED interior lights are worth doing though, as they're much easier to replace, and they seem to last much longer.

Depends which ones you buy. Cree ones are good quality and in my experience never flicker

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

I think it's more likely you're one of the unlucky ones I'm afraid. Yes there are several members on here who have issues with flickering.. but there are many many more who have no issues.

Mine are generic 501 5 SMD units. Paid about £2 for 10. Had one fail immediately due to a fractured solder connection, and for the price I paid couldn't be bothered reflowing it

Since then I've had no issues

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/31/2016 at 5:55 PM, GingerFlame said:

I think it's more likely you're one of the unlucky ones I'm afraid. Yes there are several members on here who have issues with flickering.. but there are many many more who have no issues.

Mine are generic 501 5 SMD units. Paid about £2 for 10. Had one fail immediately due to a fractured solder connection, and for the price I paid couldn't be bothered reflowing it

Since then I've had no issues

You guys are probably right. But with that said, I'm sick of trying new bulbs - because it turns into an expensive testing exercise - constantly buying new bulbs, and waiting for a month or so to see if it fails.

Also annoying is taking out the headlight clusters and replacing the bulbs, very fiddly and time-consuming process. I think I'll just wait until my next car comes with factory LED DRLs (hopefully) lol.