Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

new fiesta


A
 Share

Recommended Posts

Help

I have always bought fords with the zetec engine, they have never given me a days trouble :).

I am looking to buy a new fiesta, should I stick to the zetec engine or consider the ecoboost? The 3 cylinder engine is putting me off :(

what do you think?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Zetec engine? I thought Zetec was just the trim level, but the ecoboost is definitely the way forward they have a lot of punch the naturally aspirated engines (1.25 litres) are gutless and is like watching a movie in slow motion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ I agree the Ecoboost is the way to go, if you test drive a car with this engine you'll be instantly persuaded. Ford used to put Zetec branding on the engines too (I think on the engine cover it would say Zetec). Don't worry about it being a 3-cylinder, I know that used to be something to avoid but not any more. It's actually a good thing because you get a much better noise from a 3-cylinder, like a small V6 :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the 1,6 Ti-VCT {non-eco) and been 100% for 17 months and cant fault it but saying that the Ecoboost is a great Engine in

all ways,don't let the 3 cylinder put you off,i thought the same as you but read a lot on here and drive one,i have tried the 125HP focus my mates

and Amazing power and smooth,my next one will be this engine but i wanted a bit more feedback and had good deal on mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Guys

Thanks you so much for the information on the ecoboost, I am going to road test one tomorrow :biggrin:

Have you hear of or had any dealing with https://www.drivethedeal.com, they sell car at a discount, I would save £4000 if I order a car from them.  The ford dealership I am visiting

tomorrow said 'Ford will not compete with drive the deal prices because they never deliver the car you order and hold onto your deposit for months'. I don't know if the sales man said that to ensure I buy direct from the dealership? Help needed again :biggrin: haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ Lots of people on here have used Drivethedeal and I don't remember anyone complaining. Another similar website is Carwow, but they put you in contact with a dealer after you see what discounts they will offer (also saving thousands of £), so at that point it's just like going to the dealer as normal.

I think a lot of dealers will refuse to compete with these websites, and I really don't know why. If they can sell another car even with a very small margin, that's better than not selling a car. They should be more willing to compete on price in my opinion, but maybe they have a good reason not to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A said:

Hi Guys

Thanks you so much for the information on the ecoboost, I am going to road test one tomorrow :biggrin:

 

Hi,

Let us know how the test drive in the EcoBoost goes and what you think. I'll be interested to know as I'm in the research process of looking at the focus in either 1.0 or 1.6 EcoBoost for my next car. I actually can't make my mind up whether to go petrol or diesel for next car, lol 😂

Liam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got a 1.0 (125) ecoboost Fiesta at the end of last year an think it is a great wee engine. Previous car was a Audi A6 2.0 tdi (170bhp) and the ecoboost is great. I won't be buying another diesel again anytime soon, petrol engines are so much more entertaining to drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Liam40 said:

Hi,

Let us know how the test drive in the EcoBoost goes and what you think. I'll be interested to know as I'm in the research process of looking at the focus in either 1.0 or 1.6 EcoBoost for my next car. I actually can't make my mind up whether to go petrol or diesel for next car, lol 😂

Liam.

Hi Liam

Ill try not to scare the sales man too much, I will not be sticking to the 30mph roads.:biggrin: I will make sure I get the rec counter and that little turbo working to its max ha ha. I work as a paramedic so I know every lump and bump in the roads where the dealership is so ill make sure the suspension lives up to its reputation :wink:.

I am having trouble turning my neck otherwise I would go for the 1.6 focus. Iv got a spinal injury after doing a superman impression in the back of an ambulance when a 'little boy' in a Vauxhall Corsa pulled out of a junction, I am sure he wanted to test the stopping distance of ambulance :mad2:.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bwoody said:

I just got a 1.0 (125) ecoboost Fiesta at the end of last year an think it is a great wee engine. Previous car was a Audi A6 2.0 tdi (170bhp) and the ecoboost is great. I won't be buying another diesel again anytime soon, petrol engines are so much more entertaining to drive.

Hi Bwoody

That's the one I am going to have a spin in tomorrow :biggrin:, its hard to believe you find that you are enjoying the 1.0 (125) ecoboost Fiesta over your previous Audi haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Phil 87 said:

^ Lots of people on here have used Drivethedeal and I don't remember anyone complaining. Another similar website is Carwow, but they put you in contact with a dealer after you see what discounts they will offer (also saving thousands of £), so at that point it's just like going to the dealer as normal.

I think a lot of dealers will refuse to compete with these websites, and I really don't know why. If they can sell another car even with a very small margin, that's better than not selling a car. They should be more willing to compete on price in my opinion, but maybe they have a good reason not to.

Hi Phil

That's good to hear, lets see what the salesman's has to say tomorrow :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, A said:

Hi Bwoody

That's the one I am going to have a spin in tomorrow :biggrin:, its hard to believe you find that you are enjoying the 1.0 (125) ecoboost Fiesta over your previous Audi haha

Hi Anita, 

I downsized due to not using the car enough to justify the running cost of a large heavy car like the A6. The Audi was a really nice car, lovely inside, very comfy but also pretty boring. Good motorway mile muncher but short rev range being  a diesel. The A6 was my first diesel and I just prefer petrol engines. 

Car before that was a tuned 1.8 turbo Seat Leon (about 210bhp) and had a BMW Mini Cooper before that so I have owned some fairly powerful and quick cars.

However power is all relative to real world conditions, weight of the car etc. For instance the A6 was 170bhp but very very heavy, so the Fiesta at 123bhp is very light and it shows in only being fractionally slower 0-60. Handling is great in the Fiesta, brilliant chassis (Zetec S) sits a bit lower and firmer than the normal Fiesta and the wee 3 cylinder turbo ecoboost is a really amazing engine, it needs driven fairly hard to get the most from it, but is a really good fun car to drive.

I am considering Bluefin for mine which would take it to about 154bhp. 

Cheers Brian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, bwoody said:

Hi Anita, 

I downsized due to not using the car enough to justify the running cost of a large heavy car like the A6. The Audi was a really nice car, lovely inside, very comfy but also pretty boring. Good motorway mile muncher but short rev range being  a diesel. The A6 was my first diesel and I just prefer petrol engines. 

Car before that was a tuned 1.8 turbo Seat Leon (about 210bhp) and had a BMW Mini Cooper before that so I have owned some fairly powerful and quick cars.

However power is all relative to real world conditions, weight of the car etc. For instance the A6 was 170bhp but very very heavy, so the Fiesta at 123bhp is very light and it shows in only being fractionally slower 0-60. Handling is great in the Fiesta, brilliant chassis (Zetec S) sits a bit lower and firmer than the normal Fiesta and the wee 3 cylinder turbo ecoboost is a really amazing engine, it needs driven fairly hard to get the most from it, but is a really good fun car to drive.

I am considering Bluefin for mine which would take it to about 154bhp. 

Cheers Brian

ha ha, don't put ideas into my little head :biggrin:

1.0L engine -->154bhp, those figures are making my little brain spin. I am still trying to get my head around that I am going to road test a 1L, 3 cylinder engine, a week ago I point blank refused to even consider it ha ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, A said:

ha ha, don't put ideas into my little head :biggrin:

1.0L engine -->154bhp, those figures are making my little brain spin. I am still trying to get my head around that I am going to road test a 1L, 3 cylinder engine, a week ago I point blank refused to even consider it ha ha

You will be amazed, they really are cracking engines, Puma speed are doing a kit for £2.5k that takes it to over 200bhp.

I'm learning to ride a bike just now too, so going to sit my full license this year and get a bigger bike, so don't really need a mental fast car too.

Puma speed 205bhp upgrade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:15 PM, Ryan_Tango said:

Zetec engine? I thought Zetec was just the trim level, but the ecoboost is definitely the way forward they have a lot of punch the naturally aspirated engines (1.25 litres) are gutless and is like watching a movie in slow motion. 

Hi Ryan

On your to do list, what is 'Silent Coat Doors' :smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, A said:

Hi Ryan

On your to do list, what is 'Silent Coat Doors' :smile:

It's a sound deadening product which you can put more or less anywhere in your car to make outside and road noise minimal, it's a really good product not done mine yet but I have a friend who has it on his but all throughout the car and it's pretty much silent :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, A said:

Hi Liam

Ill try not to scare the sales man too much, I will not be sticking to the 30mph roads.:biggrin: I will make sure I get the rec counter and that little turbo working to its max ha ha. I work as a paramedic so I know every lump and bump in the roads where the dealership is so ill make sure the suspension lives up to its reputation :wink:.

I am having trouble turning my neck otherwise I would go for the 1.6 focus. Iv got a spinal injury after doing a superman impression in the back of an ambulance when a 'little boy' in a Vauxhall Corsa pulled out of a junction, I am sure he wanted to test the stopping distance of ambulance :mad2:.

Hi Anita, 

Sorry to hear about your accident in the back of an ambulance doing your duty, when motorist hear and see a emergency services vehicle coming, they go all confused dot com and do stupid things. I hope it hasn't put an end to your career?

What made you choose the Fiesta over the Focus with your spinal injuries. I have health issues too, and I would of thought that getting a smaller car would be a bit tricky, that's why I'm thinking more about the Focus. I have even considered the B-Max, but really want to get the Focus.

I'm sure that, you being trained in high speed driving, you can give the salesperson a test drive of their career :biggrin:

Hope it goes well, keep us posted on your findings!

Liam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

It's a sound deadening product which you can put more or less anywhere in your car to make outside and road noise minimal, it's a really good product not done mine yet but I have a friend who has it on his but all throughout the car and it's pretty much silent :)

Hi Ryan

Will it work to block out the noise coming from my next door neighbour's house! :wink: ha ha.

Ill have to look in to that product, I'd put some Michelin tyres on my car - oh my god the road noise was unbearable I couldn't wait to get rid of them :mad:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Hi Ryan

Will it work to block out the noise coming from my next door neighbour's house! :wink: ha ha.

Ill have to look in to that product, I'd put some Michelin tyres on my car - oh my god the road noise was unbearable I couldn't wait to get rid of them :mad:

 

I put some on the inside of my computer case the difference has very impressive, plan to do my external hard drive as it's quite large and vibrates quite loudly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Liam40 said:

Hi Anita, 

Sorry to hear about your accident in the back of an ambulance doing your duty, when motorist hear and see a emergency services vehicle coming, they go all confused dot com and do stupid things. I hope it hasn't put an end to your career?

What made you choose the Fiesta over the Focus with your spinal injuries. I have health issues too, and I would of thought that getting a smaller car would be a bit tricky, that's why I'm thinking more about the Focus. I have even considered the B-Max, but really want to get the Focus.

I'm sure that, you being trained in high speed driving, you can give the salesperson a test drive of their career :biggrin:

Hope it goes well, keep us posted on your findings!

Liam.

Hi Liam

The road test got put back until Sunday, they didn't have the 1.0 (125) ecoboost Fiesta at that dealership :sad:, but on the other hand the roads will be quieter on Sunday morning so that will be even better ha ha :happy:

I am still working, just doing a slightly different job for the ambulances service which means I have to use my own car to attend assessments' and meetings. Iv just had another neck operation and I am having trouble turning my neck to check my blind spot and parking. I am only 5 foot 2, or I was until they started chopping bit away from me  doh ha ha, so I think the fiesta is a better option for me :biggrin:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, bwoody said:

You will be amazed, they really are cracking engines, Puma speed are doing a kit for £2.5k that takes it to over 200bhp.

I'm learning to ride a bike just now too, so going to sit my full license this year and get a bigger bike, so don't really need a mental fast car too.

Puma speed 205bhp upgrade

Oh B, you will love it when you get your bike license, you will have wished you had took it years earlier :biggrin:. I have not been able to ride mine for the past 2 years, Oscar (Kawasaki 650) is sat in the garage covered in dust :msn-cry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, A said:

Oh B, you will love it when you get your bike license, you will have wished you had took it years earlier :biggrin:. I have not been able to ride mine for the past 2 years, Oscar (Kawasaki 650) is sat in the garage covered in dust :msn-cry:

I know I am a not young 41 too lol, was something I have always wanted to do just never got round to it. I have a Yamaha wr125x supermoto just now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bwoody said:

I know I am a not young 41 too lol, was something I have always wanted to do just never got round to it. I have a Yamaha wr125x supermoto just now. 

Thanks for that, ill definitely check out the rear visibility on Sunday.

You will have a great time once you get out and about when you pass your test, the biker world is great, you can go to any biker café, bike shop or rally etc and bikers will talk to you and make you feel welcome.  All bikers nod  to each other (not scooters) to say 'Hi', if you break down bikers will stop and help you. Just remember if you go to your first biker rally do not tell anyone 'its your first time', unless you like been tied up naked and left on show for hours  :blushing: ha ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership