Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Function loss

3114stephen

I was thinking of upgrading my stereo and screen in my mk 3 focus zetec s from the standard ford stereo/monochrome screen to the sony stereo/ colour led screen. If I I did this would my screen still display the park pilot for the rear sensors or would I lose that. Im pretty confident I will keep everything else like bluetooth/sync etc but I can't seem to find the answer for this.

Thanks for any help

Steve

Yes, park pilot. Will still display.

• Like 1

Would this just be plug and play aswell or would I need an update?

I had 3.5 display with rear parking sensors with park pilot display, went to 5in satnav display and park pilot still worked but in colour.

Most important issue that is discussed at length on forum is to make sure what ever upgrade you decide is from the same bluetooth system , 3 different ones.

• Like 1

Yh thats where I'm probably going to get unstuck as I keep reading contradictory things on what goes with what. So i'll just have to wait until I get the car and then take a look around everything, get the right part numbers and go from there. the 5" sat nav screen looks good but I wouldn't know where to start with it. 

yep, you will need to know what your existing system is, i ended up with the 5in screen from a 2012/13 ranger.

Nice, did you get the sat nav to work aswell? Did you just change the screen or did you change the stock ford head unit aswell? Will come back to this when I've pulled the lot out of my car and have some codes. If you're free to help then that would be awesome.

yes, got sat nav working fine, bit of a fiddle to sort out , but had help from jw1982 on this forum.

i only changed the screen on mine and around the same time changed the instrument cluster for the larger display, then sat nav shows on this also.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club