Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can someone tell me what this part is called?

ckbig

Hi All,

I'm about to purchase a Ford Fusion, 1.4 Diesel engine and I noticed this cap is missing probably the only thing that concerns me, does any one know what it is and what its called but also if its a issues without....thank you. NOTE this is not the engine in question this is a photo of one online I found showing the part it SHOUD have

maxresdefault.jpg

Have you looked in the online manual to see if that has any info?

thanks for response Alex,  unfortunately I currently don't a manual for. is there any site etc you'd recommend to get the online manuals?

No ideas on its purpose?

Try here:

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/Owners-Manual

I don't know what it is personally, I tried looking on microcat and it just seems to be part of the cylinder head cover.

Perhaps an unused mount?

I'm sure someone who's worked on these might now, like @iantt maybe?

• Like 1

I don't think there's supposed to be a cap there, looks like part of the oil breather system.

just a NOTE this is NOT the engine in question its a picture I found online, the car I am looking at is missing this part (cap thing)....thanks guys

It's the top of the crankcase breather outlet, it's the same on mine.

I don't know why it has the rubber ring on the top, but there are two others the same, one to the left of the end of the fuel primer pump and another to the right of the power steering fluid resevoir

• Like 2

thanks @chemfusion is it a vital piece? the bit I circled the cap is missing should it be a concern you think?

I think the part you saw to be missing is a sprung-loaded cap, that sits on top of the crankcase pressure relief valve

Found some talk of it here http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/8hnvi-ford-fiesta-1-4-tdci-hii-strange-problem.html

I think it might be ok, assuming there's no oil coming out the top of it or if you get blue smoke on acceleration

• Like 1

you my of answered my question there, I noticed it when looking under the bonnet because it did have a shine to to as if oil, and even tho it was the first time I had seen that particular engine. All seems to run well and in good condition other than that tbh.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club