Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem

Willfiesta

Hi I have my Ford Fiesta finesse 1.25, 

running with a k&n intake,

the car runs and drive and isn't down on power for instance if you were driving up a hill dropping down a gear would speed you right up. 

Sometimes the car will turn over but conk out almost instantly, if I keep the revs high the car will keep its self running, but this can happen on occasions after popping to the shop and then not being able to start the car with out high revving the whole way out the car park making me look a little silly, 

can anyone help me on what the issue may be?! 

It could be the Idle Control Valve. Sometimes a good clean can fix it but otherwise you may need to replace it. Check the pipes going into it haven't perished as well.

• Like 1

I second the above. Do you have symptoms such as the revs dropping below idle when you declutch momentarily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ICV seems most likely, but it is also worth changing the spark plugs and wires as well. 

Yes Dave I do have that problem! I'm getting out there today lads so will let you all know how I get on! 

Does anyone have a good idea of what exhaust to go for? Been trying to get some extra power and not sure what to get! 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club