Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Smart watches

laumk7

52 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

One of my other colleagues couldn't find her phone at home but kept getting emails and texts on her watch.

Took her 2 days to realise her phone was still in her car on the drive outside.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Smart phones/watches, stupid people... 

Harsh - but true!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

One of my other colleagues couldn't find her phone at home but kept getting emails and texts on her watch.

Took her 2 days to realise her phone was still in her car on the drive outside.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Could she not have phoned her phone from her watch?

or don't they have their own SIM cards?

• Like 1

No you can't.

It's more a bluetooth dongle than anything else.

She's too thick to find her behind with both hands and a map anyhow let alone her phone.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

On 14/06/2016 at 7:33 PM, Stoney871 said:

No you can't.

It's more a bluetooth dongle than anything else.

She's too thick to find her behind with both hands and a map anyhow let alone her phone.

Sent from my SM-G930F

The will.I.am.mother.clucker.com dial watch has its own sim card so you can leave your phone at home. 

my smart watch is a bit of a double wammy- its a GPS watch for my runs and has a chest HRM via bluetooth. However it also shows me my steps and sleep. You can set up individual goals for daily activity which change depending on age etc. 

some watches ie the apple watch etc are pointless as they rely on the phone for most of the processing. Ie the watch has to be used in conjunction with the phone if you want to trace a route. 

• Like 1

my smart watch is a bit of a double wammy- its a GPS watch for my runs and has a chest HRM via bluetooth. However it also shows me my steps and sleep. You can set up individual goals for daily activity which change depending on age etc. 

some watches ie the apple watch etc are pointless as they rely on the phone for most of the processing. Ie the watch has to be used in conjunction with the phone if you want to trace a route. 

Pray tell what wrist device you have

Whilst not watches, what happened to the smart fridges and freezers that were being touted a while ago?

That would scan your food items as you removed them and automatically re-order from your chosen online supermarket, when you hit your personal re-order threshold. 

On 16/06/2016 at 0:36 PM, mills705 said:

Now that is worth having, a properly integrated smart system:smile:

I have a number of devices, that can communiicate to PC/laptops via wi-fi and bluetooth but not, apart from the HRM, with each other

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ianb said:

Pray tell what wrist device you have

Sounds pretty much the same as mine. Fitbit blaze

mines a polar m400- It is used mainly as a running watch however you can turn the GPS off and then use it purely as a training watch for the gym

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored with my fitbit blaze telling me I was underachieving all the time (I'm off work at the moment), not to mention becoming allergic to its silicone strap.

So I've now bought a pebble time steel smartwatch and replaced it's leather strap for metal - shortly going to be replaced for a milanese loop style strap. 

So far so good. Fit cat is happy :)

I've got the 1st gen Moto 360 which I picked up just over a year ago in "as new" condition for £100. I probably wouldn't pay full price for one, but for the price I payed I am very happy with it (except for not getting the Wear 2.0 update!).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So do these need charging everyday,i don't know a lot about them to be honest just know its trying to be

a phone on your wrist with wifi/apps,also are these everyday use or as a few say on here just put on for fitness and running.

So do these need charging everyday,i don't know a lot about them to be honest just know its trying to be

a phone on your wrist with wifi/apps,also are these everyday use or as a few say on here just put on for fitness and running.

It depends on the watch. My Moto 360 does need to be charged every day (as do most Android Wear watches), but I do wear it all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 03/07/2016 at 5:59 AM, jace1969 said:

Mine tells me the battery lasts up to 10 days, well I had to charge the battery yesterday after about 10 days! And I use it all the time, the 'watch' face is always on, fit cat  (exercise app) is always running and it takes all calls and messages and let's me know by a different to each different nofication buzz/ vibrates. 

I can easily edit the notifications/ apps running on my pebble manager on my phone.

Well happy tbh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club