Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2005 Mk2 LX Display Cluster Board Issue.

Kon

Hello,

ive recently purchased a ford focus lx and after a week of it sitting and not starting. Upon trying to start the milometer displayed -----. Firstly thought the battery however jump leads didnt work. I decided to try pushing it. After pushing it i manged to get it started. Later on in the day I found as the car was idling all off the warning lights flashed on and milometer went ----- again, loss of power, speedometer stopped working etc.

after bit of research i found that it was a common problem on the old mk2s. Does anybody have any advice of how to get this fixed and roughly how much it will cost. Most of the posts i have seen are very old and was wondering if maybe ford offer a cheaper way off fixing this problem recently. Or a cheaper alternative. Gutted to have picked up one of these dodgy focus,s. Even if it was cheap lol. Any advice on what i can do or what anyone done at the time. I beleive there was something on watchdog around 2008 of ford ripping people off charging over 300 pound for a new cluster. Ultimately reducing it to 99pound.

thanks in advance

A colleague had a new cluster and VSS fitted after her car wouldn't start randomly at Ford cost £900 which the AA warranty paid £500.

Clusters cost a lot of money so second hand with lower mileage and someone who can program it in and reprogram the keys and write the mileage up to the mileage on yours.

It can be done with a modified ELM327 and Elmconfig/Forscan if your handy with computers.

The other option is strip the cluster down and re solder the joints on it or send it off for repair.

All cheaper options than a new cluster but requires someone who knows what they are doing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club