Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty query?

TheStig2016

Bought a 16 plate fiesta back in April, and at work yesterday I noticed that the driver skirt isn't holding as strong as the passenger side, looks like the glue or whatever is holding it flush isn't as strong in my opinion.

Took it to my local Ford dealer after work today, and was told it wouldn't have left the garage like that, and the only thing I could do was to take it to a bodyshop at my own expense, as it wouldn't be covered under the warranty.

I'm wanting some advice, as I havent done anything intentional to make this worse, it seems strange how it is only affecting one side of the car, and this is so minor, I believed Ford would look at it straight away, especially being under warranty!

Attached pics of both sides, opinions welcome.

IMG_2612.JPG

IMG_2610.JPG

IMG_2611.JPG

IMG_2609.JPG

I dunno why the garage told you that as it's pure claptrap! 

My car had exactly the same issue a few months after purchase, I took it to BSM who took the necessary photos and then told me I'd have to wait, a few months later still waiting and being fobbed off by BSM. I called ford MC and complained, my car was seen less than a week later lol

It turns out it's nothing more than sticky back plastic holding the side skirt on, but they need to remove and refit the whole thing to do it.

In your position I'd either complain about the garage to their face or find another main dealership with bodyshop to get it done in

And everything was covered by the warranty, it cost me nadda, nothing, zilch, etc....

Hth

• Like 1

On 08/07/2016 at 3:59 PM, laumk7 said:

I dunno why the garage told you that as it's pure claptrap! 

My car had exactly the same issue a few months after purchase, I took it to BSM who took the necessary photos and then told me I'd have to wait, a few months later still waiting and being fobbed off by BSM. I called ford MC and complained, my car was seen less than a week later lol

It turns out it's nothing more than sticky back plastic holding the side skirt on, but they need to remove and refit the whole thing to do it.

In your position I'd either complain about the garage to their face or find another main dealership with bodyshop to get it done in

And everything was covered by the warranty, it cost me nadda, nothing, zilch, etc....

Hth

Thanks for the reply.

I emailed Ford protect after visiting the garage, awaiting the reply.

I bought it from Arnold Clark carlisle, only because the car was cheaper to buy from there instead of my local dealer in scotswood road, Newcastle. I've rang the salesperson who sold me the car in Carlisle, and told him, he said they should sort it out, but if I wasn't getting anywhere that they would happily sort it, just an inconvience to drive all the way back to get it sorted.

Will keep it posted on here, interesting to hear someone else had the same problem though, it's very minor to me, but not something that should happen on a brand new car which is only a few months old in my opinion.

Thanks again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club