Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washing stain from paintwork

So went out to my car yesterday around 2pm to discover it was covered on one side with coke or something black and sticky, pretty sure it was coke, some daft little kid thinking they were funny of course. So i went to a jetwash and properly soaped it up rinsed, soaped again rinsed then wax. But whilst it was wet i noticed loads of water (or coke) marks on the paint, Is there a way to remove this? Wax and polish or what? 

Any help appreciated! (looking at you @GingerFlame

Oh jesus! Coke eats through everything :w00t: I hope it hasn't destroyed/eaten the top layer of the lacquer on your car :blush:

I stopped drinking Cola after finding out whats in the stuff and how it can eat away at corroded parts and turn a fresh egg into a solid egg. 

I know Ford aren't great at putting paint on but I'd hope it can withstand a little coking! :laugh: 

I'm fairly sure coke would just run straight off anyway, it was probably bird muck, they've been eating blackberries or something...

Stick up a picture. :smile: 

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I know Ford aren't great at putting paint on but I'd hope it can withstand a little coking! :laugh: 

I'm fairly sure coke would just run straight off anyway, it was probably bird muck, they've been eating blackberries or something...

Stick up a picture. :smile: 

100% was coke mate, it dried so dried on all sticky. Ive washed it all now. But can still see streaky lines when its wet! Little kn0bs!

Well that's weird...  I had someone putting food on my car each weekend a few years ago (not much to do out in the stix)...

Even stuff like baked beans didn't leave any marks.

Problem is you've waxed it on now lol, need to polish it out I reckon, that's what I'd do anyway.

Coke is quite acidic, on a par with lemon juice and vinegar but not as acidic phosphoric or sulphuric

It may well of stripped your wax and sealant off, but I'd hesitate to say it could've marked your clearcoat ,as I wouldn't have thought it acidic enough to do so.  Lacquers are fairly resilient against mild acids

I'd agree with Tom, polish it out and then re-wax it.

• Like 1

Wax won't Stand up to acid, as as been mentioned above coke is rather acidic

Could you post a photo?

There's multiple solutions once I know exactly how it's looking :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerFlame said:

Wax won't Stand up to acid, as as been mentioned above coke is rather acidic

Could you post a photo?

There's multiple solutions once I know exactly how it's looking :)

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality Detailing & Valeting supplies

Yeah will do once I am home. I don't think its too badly damaged (i hope) it was just after i had rinsed my car i could still see drip marks on the door panel, so i used that meguiar's no water wash to try and shine it up, looked fine in day light when it was dry but not seen it wet yet. Might be fine. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club