Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding USB to a MK7 with Bluetooth

Jordan ZS

Maybe one of the Ford Dealership employees who post on this forum might be able to sort you out???

Maybe one of the Ford Dealership employees who post on this forum might be able to sort you out???

thats what im hoping for. Any ford employees who have access to Etis want to help out a fair few people?

If you do have access, PM me.

I may have an answer finally...

If you want USB in your fiesta, then you need to spend about £200 +

After numerous emails with Ford, a Ford Parts guy, and the manufactures of the bluetooth unit i have found that the unit i have cannot be upgraded with firmware, and that the USB on the module i have is just for updating the stereo.

I have Module 8M5T-19G488 (with a few letters on the end, but that is nothing special)

Email from Novero:

8M5T-19G488 = BVC Lov

8M5T-19C112 = BVC High

The differences are in the music features: The high system is able to play music files from a connected USB memory or iPod. In addition, it supports bluetooth audio streaming, so you can play your music files from your compatible mobile phone and listen to them through the vehicles sound system.

So parts you will need if you're going to upgrade: (all from ford parts uk)

bluetooth Module: 8M5T-19C112-AM Finis Code:1583717 Price: £160.86

Cable: I have: Ford-Cable Assy BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Finis: 1543691 Price: £20.14

THIS IS THE WRONG ONE THOUGH - IT IS TOO SHORT i have moved my bluetooth module so the cable reaches.

I believe you need: 8M5T-14D202-GA Dont have a finis code. And before you order this id check it is the right cable. as this was taken from ford etis info page on the software update.

USB Connection(sits behind the trim): Finis: 1543450 Price: £2.84

Trim to replace current: Ford-Console Panel With A/V Jack And USB "Syracus" (this colour is the greyish blue)

Finis: 1572824 Price:£2.47

Plus Ford Y cable if you dont already have one

Ford-Cable Adaptor Audio BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Finis: 1529487

Price: £18.00

Note to all. I do not have the bluetooth module i have quoted above (8M5T-19C112-AM) but probably will be buying this in the near future. Unless i can convince ford to swap it out for me.

Please buy parts at your own risk, ford parts uk are pretty good guys and will quote you all the parts with basic descriptions, and if you email them asking for more details they will give will probably respond within a day

I also think that once my module has been replaced there will be no need for software upgrades.

• Like 1

Let us know how that goes..???

...along with the topic on the little cubby hole, I am quite liking the idea of just tucking a harddrive in there...therefore not needing to have the trim and wiring for by the gearstick....

Thinking that I be scouring for a mk7 festa write off with the cable and bluetooth module!!!

They make it so hard now to flipping mod stuff...couldnt just be a standard slot could it that you could wack a nice sony or kenwood etc unit in!!!

Piggy :)

Good work Steven we seem to be getting there slowly but surely. Will be great if you or someone else could do the whole transition and point out exactly what needs to be done. If so it seems like a £200 upgrade rather than the factory £150.. plus you could maybe sell the unit you have left over?

Well the bluetooth module is on order and due to arrive tomorrow.

Faulty stereo has been replace today, so looks like i should have a fully working stereo with usb control by the weekend.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Now all thats left to do is to sell my bluetooth module.

Well putting my wife's fiesta aside, which luckily we ordered with usb. I have actually ordered the correct parts today to retrofit my Mondeo with USB. It is very well documented on the mondeo.org site.

You do indeed have to change the bt/vc module with the bt/vc with usb connect module. I have paid £200 for this, then there is the bezel for the glovebox, connectors and adaptors. However news is filtering through on various other Ford forums that the makers of the bt modules (Novero) have stated that there is a firmware update available through ford dealers to enable usb accessibilty on the dormant usb port. So it maybe worth enquiring at your local ford dealership if they have the firmware to hand or a Tsb to back this claim up. Failing that it might be worth an email Novero direct to confirm this before swapping out your bluetooth module.

The latest bluetooth module with finis code is: 1583717 (8M5T-19C112-AM). the last letter on the part no signifys the model type, with 'M' being the latest. This module allow bluetooth audio streaming.

Im not 100% certain on this but i believe you could actually go one further with the bluetooth module and order a module with mobile connectivity also. You would jjust need the phone GPS mapping software and perhaps the car CCC configuring on the IDS to enable you to have satellite navigation voice directions going through your car stereo and also direction prompts on your display.

Hope this info helps. Anything else i can try and tell you then let me know

Well putting my wife's fiesta aside, which luckily we ordered with usb. I have actually ordered the correct parts today to retrofit my Mondeo with USB. It is very well documented on the mondeo.org site.

Hope this info helps. Anything else i can try and tell you then let me know

Please could you give a link to direct us to this particular subject.

The Mondeo site is enormous and this link would save a lot of times.

Thanks for help.

Please could you give a link to direct us to this particular subject.

The Mondeo site is enormous and this link would save a lot of times.

Thanks for help.

Here it is:

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/776290/

Its a rather long thread but has all the detailed information. But please bear in mind that some parts are for the mondeo only. You will need to talk to you local dealer parts dept for correct part numbers for the Fiesta

squeegy i have a question. Once all the parts were installed in your mondeo did you have to get the software changed on the stereo.. because i have just finished adding all the parts to the car. Plug in the ipod and ipod comes up with the Ford screen but i have no control of the ipod. I click the AUX button and doesnt change to Ipod or BT just stays on line in.

Quote from squeegy - "However news is filtering through on various other Ford forums that the makers of the bt modules (Novero) have stated that there is a firmware update available through ford dealers to enable usb accessibilty on the dormant usb port. So it maybe worth enquiring at your local ford dealership if they have the firmware to hand or a Tsb to back this claim up." I have spoken with Novero and they said this cant be done, to be honest i dont believe them.

Thus i forked out the £180

and to everyone else - i think im very close to getting this working, probably will just go down to ford and explain what i have done and get them to update the stereo software.

And i have also retro fitted the USB into the 'secret hole' so i can put my usb hard drive in when i get it working.

Steve

I still have the parts on order to do the mondeo. But for my car its just plug and play. Im surprised the fiesta is not the same. So i suspect you will have to take it into your local dealers and get it plugged into their IDS to have ipod/usb functions enabled, should cost 1/2 hours labour.

Funny thing is that Ford replaced my stereo the other day - so i'm going try asking them to do it for free claiming it stopped it working after they replaced it. (just so happens that the usb wasn't in the car before they did it)

Worth a try i think...

I would have thought that it would all be plug and play anyway - shame its not.

Funny thing is that Ford replaced my stereo the other day - so i'm going try asking them to do it for free claiming it stopped it working after they replaced it. (just so happens that the usb wasn't in the car before they did it)

Worth a try i think...

I would have thought that it would all be plug and play anyway - shame its not.

Just out of curiosity are you plugging the ipod into the usb port and aux in jack port? Are you using Ford's Y usb/3.5 jack ipod lead?

I have just been out to the wife's car and with nothing plugged into the usb, ipod or usb is not shown on the display. Have you tried a usb stick with music on in the usb port?

Just out of curiosity are you plugging the ipod into the usb port and aux in jack port? Are you using Ford's Y usb/3.5 jack ipod lead?

I have just been out to the wife's car and with nothing plugged into the usb, ipod or usb is not shown on the display. Have you tried a usb stick with music on in the usb port?

yes i am plugging into the usb and aux using the ford Y cable.

and i have tried a usb memory stick too - just says initialising USB then doesn't do anything just stays on Line in

i have just finished adding all the parts to the car. Plug in the ipod and ipod comes up with the Ford screen but i have no control of the ipod. I click the AUX button and doesnt change to Ipod or BT just stays on line in.

Hi

Have you tried selecting USB or BT via the voice controls?

The only reason I ask, is that when my Sportvan arrived I couldn't get the line-in to work - pressing the aux button did nothing. I t wasn't until I went through the voice commands and specified 'line-in' that it became available on the menu and has been fine ever since...

Hi

Have you tried selecting USB or BT via the voice controls?

The only reason I ask, is that when my Sportvan arrived I couldn't get the line-in to work - pressing the aux button did nothing. I t wasn't until I went through the voice commands and specified 'line-in' that it became available on the menu and has been fine ever since...

I just tried and it didn't work :(

Said "external device - Ipod - play" said back to me "not possible"

have you tried hitting it with a rather large hammer yet or is this the next stage?

Well it must need enabling then in the CCC via IDS. Dealer job

Steve, can you list items, with finis codes you ordered so i can check something

check out the secret hole topic

i have been....but not to be picky, but it don't ACTUALLY work yet...so I am still on the edge of me seat!!

Did see the pic too :)

lol if this works ford parts are gonna have a randomly high amount of people asking for very specific parts lol