Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk3 Additional Dashboard Button

Cybercypher

Hi All,

I was hoping for some pointers. I am replacing my head unit and installing a new sub woofer but I would like to be able to turn the sub on/off via a switch. Instead of making a new hole somewhere on the dash and installing a 3rd party switch, I was hoping to replace the blank button next to the boot release button but am having trouble finding a button that is usable. How do I go about having a functional button in that location that matches the rest of the buttons?

I have not actually attempted removing the buttons but I am assuming they are joined together such as the image I found on the internet. I have circled the button I would like to utilise.

Mondeo Boot Button.jpg

Hello and welcome Rod.

Does the red circle button actuate ? or is it just a blank? If it does actuate then it seems an ideal solution.

If they are joined together and easily separated then I would replace it with any OEM button that fitted and hopefully you can get one with a design on it to your taste, then wire it up as a switch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk