Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone having problems with brake light bulbs blowing??

Beckispeakman

I've been back to car dealership 5 times with my brake light bulbs blowing and they can't seem to find the problem with them not damp or anything anyone else having this problem??

maybe they have a dodgy batch of bulbs, try getting some from another place and see if that fixes the problem

• Like 1

She's trying to say that it happens that bulbs do go. Yeah I know that but not every month it's going to Ford tomorrow for them to have a proper look. Arnold Clark saying they can't look at it cause there a fiat dealership well why sell Ford cars I'm fuming haha😂

I'd suggest have a very good look at the bulb holder itself. Check that the bulb is properly seated and everything is properly connected - no real technical skill involved - just a pair of eyes.

It is also possible that they are dodgy bulbs and/or they're being damaged in storage

4 hours ago, Beckispeakman said:

She's trying to say that it happens that bulbs do go. Yeah I know that but not every month it's going to Ford tomorrow for them to have a proper look. Arnold Clark saying they can't look at it cause there a fiat dealership well why sell Ford cars I'm fuming haha😂

is it the same side of the car that the bulb keeps blowing ?

3 hours ago, SeanW said:

I'd suggest have a very good look at the bulb holder itself. Check that the bulb is properly seated and everything is properly connected - no real technical skill involved - just a pair of eyes.

It is also possible that they are dodgy bulbs and/or they're being damaged in storage

I was going to put my own in but I couldn't get the light case out but ford are looking at it tomorrow I've had all sorts of problems with the car itself since I got it it's only 3 years old I'm just sick of cars altogether now😔

2 hours ago, andypsp said:

is it the same of the car that the bulb keeps blowing ?

No both sides have gone but only one at a time the passenger side gone twice and drivers side gone 3 times now 

3 minutes ago, Beckispeakman said:

No both sides have gone but only one at a time the passenger side gone twice and drivers side gone 3 times now 

fingers crossed that they managed to fix it for you, it maybe something simple, don`t give up hope just yet it`s only a bulb lol

Had this happen on a Granada Scorpio 4x4 years ago and it proved to be a problem with the alternator.

Consult a good local auto-electrician, someone who is good will save you a lot of hassle with numerous dealerships etc, get him to fault find.

Brake light bulbs used to blow on our fiesta every 3ish months, got sick of it and decided to ask for advice, was told to visit that so called 'car shop' Halfords and buy some 'extra long life' bulbs, thinking to myself... 'hey up here's another con' product' :rolleyes: They've been on the car for two years now and never blown.....yet :tongue: 

Went to ford yesterday they've looked at it and nothing seems to be wrong they thing th bulbs they put in not compatible with the car so they have put ford bulbs in, also when I arrived the car had been recalled for the glow plugs so if anyone got diesel fiesta they've been recalled ☺️

• 1 year later...

My Brake Light bulbs keep on blowing. They've been doing it for years and I'm getting really fed up. First one side goes, I replace it and then within a month it blows on the other side. I've tried different makes of bulb but to no avail. The car is a 2013 Fiesta Ecoboost. Any suggestions, please, other than those in the previous post.

About 20 years ago I had a Ford Capri that did this, but far more regularly. I'd change the bulbs and then within a few days both had failed, one after the other. I changed the brake light switch on the pedal and the problem was solved.

• 2 years later...
On 2/26/2018 at 6:33 PM, kevin2015 said:

My Brake Light bulbs keep on blowing. They've been doing it for years and I'm getting really fed up. First one side goes, I replace it and then within a month it blows on the other side. I've tried different makes of bulb but to no avail. The car is a 2013 Fiesta Ecoboost. Any suggestions, please, other than those in the previous post.

Hi there,

Did you ever resolve this? My ford 2013 bmax is doing exactly this.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 10/6/2016 at 10:03 PM, Beckispeakman said:

Did you find out the issue? My ford is not approx 6 years old and i am having the same issue! Its always driver or passenger (only 1 at a time) but every couple of months. 

1 hour ago, Rach96 said:

Did you find out the issue? My ford is not approx 6 years old and i am having the same issue! Its always driver or passenger (only 1 at a time) but every couple of months. 

I too had blowing bulbs 😞 If you read my post further up I purchased some bulbs from Halfords, Still have the same bulbs to this very day.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club