Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav Update

rhodes-a

Hi , I have just had a 66 plate Titanium and noticed that the maps aren't up to date on the sat nav , has anyone updated the maps ? is it a card swap or can it be done by wi-fi

also can you use tomtom via the mobile apps maybe

Regards Andy

It will have to be a new card.

what version card do you have?

I'm not sure what system the Mondeo uses for mapping, My Focus uses the Sync2.

I am running the latest Sync2 V5 card and that is supposed to be a 2015 update but still uses mapping data from 2014 so will miss any updated speed camera and address data from after that date.

Unfortunately Ford UK don't do live updates (unlike USA) to existing cards.

Sorry got to ask this, why bother with in car sat nav always at least a year behind the free ones on my phone, the only thing I can think of it saves a couple of wires.

The system is 99.9% accurate, it's just brand new roads and speed cameras that tend to be behind.
I do have navmii as a back up.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I thought all new Mondeos came with Sync 3 and the maps loaded to a HDD on board rather than the card?  If you look at the Mondeo price lists, its states Sync 3 as standard??

From 2016 on, I believe, the mondeo's are equiped with SYNC 3

I have a late 2014 and he has SYNC 2

Sat nav update is F 5  Europe

on SD card

Ok thanks for the replies, I will check it out , maybe it is sync 3 , if so does this update via Wi-Fi ?

I think you can carry out actual SYNC updates, wouldn't have thought the maps would get updated as surely Ford would want to charge for that, ubless you get some deal where you get a year updates for free, I know some manufacturers do that.  My wife's wee Clio got a years worth of map updates (which in actuality turned out to be 1 updated map) and Renault are scumbags.

Ypu can tell if its Sync 2 or 3 by the fact that if its 3 then the display is a light blue colour plus you have the Apple Carplay/Android equivalent built in to it as well.

If you look on the Ford website (Link below) and look up the Mondeo price list, it states all new mondeos from Sep 16 will have Sync 3 as standard:

Mondeo Pricelist from Ford

Hi , Yes I believe it has sync 3 , so I connect using Wi-Fi but it appears all is up to date , not sure if this would include update to maps either but it hasn't added the change to the bottom of the M6 for example and that's been finished now for 6 Months ?? maybe.

I will ask at Ford when I go in next though

Do you have the Apple carplay/Android Auto?  If so you should be able to use Apple/Google Maps as well?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club