Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Does anybody here have a problem with me, like the fact I may ask too many questions partially as I have a learning difficulty (dyspraxia) ? do you have a problem with people like me with a disability using this site ??

Fastlife91

I do ask several questions here about car repairs because I have had such bad luck with disrepair and have spent thousands of pounds on having my car's repaired and over recent months I have fixed several different things myself on the car for the first time and it makes me feel great and very happy to fix something myself, a sense of achievement.

I come here for help and guidance sometimes and I can take a little longer than most people to process your information due to my learning difficulty ( dyspraxia) a lot of people once I inform them of my condition seem to understand and accept it and continue to help me at an easy pace when teaching me things, other people I have noticed treat me with disrespect and I am talking about people on this site, this forum. not everyone but a small minority of people here. like, sorry if I take longer to grasp your explanations and ''help/advice'' but pardon me for having a learning disability ( dyspraxia)  like It's not my fault I have a disability, I hate being discriminated against.

some people here have mocked me, like I ask a question about a part and in said thread like they say, maybe it's the chuckle sprocket and other stupid things and I get angry and upset but I realize they are just trolls, keyboard warriors with nothing better to do with their lives and therefore try to upset other people such as me, but I shall not give you the satisfaction.

so my question is, if you have a problem with me then tough, I'm not leaving this forum anytime soon so I suggest you get on your bike and go to back to wherever it was you came from (preferably under the bridge where most of you trolls thrive)

and to those who accept me for me, thank you

• Like 2

Sorry you're having a bad experience some people do come out with things that can be a bit harsh at times, but sometimes they don't do it to be horrible more likely just a bit of banter, also about you staying here good for you.

I'm happy to help when it comes to things I understand. Nobody is perfect.

• Like 3

You're not the only one with mental issues on here Mark, it shouldn't make any difference...

The main problem is your lack of searching though, multimeter use for example, isn't something we can teach you in 2 minutes, if you don't understand basic electrics (resistance etc) you need to learn that first, from YouTube videos or googling would be a good start.  Rather than just immediately asking on here all the time.

Btw, Im a sarcastic ***** to everyone, it is meant in jest and I would hate to think anyone took it seriously. :smile:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You're not the only one with mental issues on here Mark, it shouldn't make any difference...

The main problem is your lack of searching though, multimeter use for example, isn't something we can teach you in 2 minutes, if you don't understand basic electrics (resistance etc) you need to learn that first, from YouTube videos or googling would be a good start.  Rather than just immediately asking on here all the time.

Btw, Im a sarcastic ***** to everyone, it is meant in jest and I would hate to think anyone took it seriously. :smile:

cheers

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Sorry you're having a bad experience some people do come out with things that can be a bit harsh at times, but sometimes they don't do it to be horrible more likely just a bit of banter, also about you staying here good for you.

I'm happy to help when it comes to things I understand. Nobody is perfect.

thank you, also can you answer my thread about testing glow plug with multimeter, I list symptoms there.

and a bit random but I saw the rabbit photo above,  do you know anything about rabbits please ?  I could use some advice

thanks

• Like 2

I am sure people aren't being mean. You just need to remember that this is an online forum.

Interesting fact for you, which is one I always like to mention as an ice breaker when training people.  How much of our communication do you think is via body language and tone of the voice...  No, you are wrong - it's:

93% - only 7% of our communication is through the words we actually use.  So don't be surprised if you struggle with working out where people are coming from when you only have 7% of the information 

• Like 3

Fastlife, I'm taking my moderator hat off for a moment right now...

I would never discriminate a member for any reason, especially with a disability and I am offended as an individual that after I catered for your difficulties by explaining several ways and detailed reasons as to how you can do these tests and dedicated a lot of time away from my family to support you, only to recieve your blatant rude retort below. If I was in a pub with you and you had said that, I would have flipped out or walked away yet you didn't understand how the below was potentially seen as an offensive retort to someone trying to help you.

I supported you and your retort of **somebody kill me now** was where I had my problem, nothing to do with your difficulties but everything to do with your attitude problem in your response.

Putting my mod hat back on, if you feel I have treat you unfairly, I invite you to complain to Steve and Trevor, detailing your concerns and your reasons for how I have treat you so poorly. In fact I would ask you to do this, as I will not be seen on this forum apparently abusing members and allowing that to be the case and having it going unrecognised by forum management. I will start the ball rolling by quoting@steve and@trevor in this reply.

I have been a part of this forum for I believe 8 years now, have the highest post count of all members and have served as a moderator for I believe around d 5 years or more, in that time I have never treat any member unfairly, rudely or in any way discriminatory.

On an unrelated moderator point, you talk about how you would want people to approach you, yet you start a rant in my direction on another public thread, after I explained what my problem was with you.

I came from knowing nothing 8 years ago, to knowing all I do now mostly because of this forum, I preach how to save money because I was fed up being burned by dealers, and I would hope I have helped many more members over the years than you will have the pleasure of knowing.

I'm offended I have been referred to as a troll though.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

Fastlife, I'm taking my moderator hat off for a moment right now...

I would never discriminate a member for any reason, especially with a disability and I am offended as an individual that after I catered for your difficulties by explaining several ways and detailed reasons as to how you can do these tests and dedicated a lot of time away from my family to support you, only to recieve your blatant rude retort below. If I was in a pub with you and you had said that, I would have flipped out or walked away yet you didn't understand how the below was potentially seen as an offensive retort to someone trying to help you.

I supported you and your retort of **somebody kill me now** was where I had my problem, nothing to do with your difficulties but everything to do with your attitude problem in your response.

Putting my mod hat back on, if you feel I have treat you unfairly, I invite you to complain to Steve and Trevor, detailing your concerns and your reasons for how I have treat you so poorly. In fact I would ask you to do this, as I will not be seen on this forum apparently abusing members and allowing that to be the case and having it going unrecognised by forum management. I will start the ball rolling by quoting@steve and@trevor in this reply.

I have been a part of this forum for I believe 8 years now, have the highest post count of all members and have served as a moderator for I believe around d 5 years or more, in that time I have never treat any member unfairly, rudely or in any way discriminatory.

On an unrelated moderator point, you talk about how you would want people to approach you, yet you start a rant in my direction on another public thread, after I explained what my problem was with you.

I came from knowing nothing 8 years ago, to knowing all I do now mostly because of this forum, I preach how to save money because I was fed up being burned by dealers, and I would hope I have helped many more members over the years than you will have the pleasure of knowing.

I'm offended I have been referred to as a troll though.

I created this thread even before me and you had that conversation in the other thread, this thread is NOT relating to you, I DID NOT say you are one of the members who discriminate against me, YOU ASSUMED I WAS REFERRING TO YOU IN THIS THREAD BUT I AM NOT, I do know you try and help me and I am NOT saying you are one fo the people who mock me.

I told you in the other thread, when I said somebody kill me now, that was meant meaning because there is so much to learn and how frustrating it can be, NOTHING T ODO WITH MY CONVERSATION WITH YOU !

DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF ! NOTHING I HAVE SAID HERE IS RELATING TO YOU !!!!!

Im just wondering if im one of the others mentioned with mental problems?:whistling1:

I think you might get a prize too for the worlds longest thread title!:wink:

• Like 6

We all appreciate that you may not quite grasp 100% the advice offered on this forum but the answers you seek are not straightforward or easy to explain.
I believe that everyone who has offered advice to you have been nothing but patient and happy to go out of their way to help.
I'm sure that nobody here wants to patronise you by only replying in words of one syllable.
You have joined the forum for answers to your car problems so please don't insult members when they try to help you.
Remember that many of us are car amateurs like yourself therefore their answers will consist of varying levels of guesswork and a gradual process of elimination.
We get that you have problems but to be bluntly honest it appears to me that you are the one making an issue of it not the other members.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Fastlife91 said:

I do ask several questions here about car repairs because I have had such bad luck with disrepair and have spent thousands of pounds on having my car's repaired and over recent months I have fixed several different things myself on the car for the first time and it makes me feel great and very happy to fix something myself, a sense of achievement.

I come here for help and guidance sometimes and I can take a little longer than most people to process your information due to my learning difficulty ( dyspraxia) a lot of people once I inform them of my condition seem to understand and accept it and continue to help me at an easy pace when teaching me things, other people I have noticed treat me with disrespect and I am talking about people on this site, this forum. not everyone but a small minority of people here. like, sorry if I take longer to grasp your explanations and ''help/advice'' but pardon me for having a learning disability ( dyspraxia)  like It's not my fault I have a disability, I hate being discriminated against.

some people here have mocked me, like I ask a question about a part and in said thread like they say, maybe it's the chuckle sprocket and other stupid things and I get angry and upset but I realize they are just trolls, keyboard warriors with nothing better to do with their lives and therefore try to upset other people such as me, but I shall not give you the satisfaction.

so my question is, if you have a problem with me then tough, I'm not leaving this forum anytime soon so I suggest you get on your bike and go to back to wherever it was you came from (preferably under the bridge where most of you trolls thrive)

and to those who accept me for me, thank you

No, but you'll end up getting banned if you carry on like this.

• Like 7

At the end of the day, I have family with difficulties. 

Speaking to them in messages you wouldn't have a clue he has anything wrong with him. He's just quite slow and makes immature comments/comparisons etc. But this wouldn't push you to assume he has learning/mental difficulties. But within 10 seconds of meeting him you'd know, not thing, know, something wasnt quite right as he's got quite severe autism. 

Same goes for yourself in regards to messages. There is no way for us to know you have anything wrong with you until you told us. Therefore we have not be discriminating against your difficulties. 

Most people that carry out work on their car will already have a brief mechanical knowledge or at least be able to piece things together. Hence alot of our responses are aimed at people that, for example, know how to use a multimeter or read the instructions, or watch a YouTube video. 

If you need further explanations you need to ask us for them, and understand that most of us have full time jobs and literally come onto the forum when we have a spare 5 minutes therefore answers are often brief or to the point 

Don't get frustrated. If you have a problem with people, you need to either ignore them, or contact myself or any member of the admin/management team and we'll be happy to assist you. 

• Like 2

I might not have a learning difficulty but I have my own mental health issues.

As to the timing, it's ironic how it seems to be it was timed to be just after I made my last comment about not hiring and just before you replied with your comment which caused that particular retort.

It is against forum rules for any form of bullying or targeted attacking of members for any reason, especially those of discrimination.

When brought to the attention of moderators we intervene and respond accordingly, we can't be everywhere at every time, so if you feel a comment has been targeting you, you should report the post and detail your concerns so we can thereon act accordingly in your best interests.

You have already explained on the other thread you understand why it came across that way, so you appreciate how words can be misinterpreted. Posting a thread like this is not going to help anyone and you should work with us so we can support you as a member.

Any clear violation of forum rules specifically with aggressive or attacking behaviour none the less motivated by discrimination would result in an immediate ban if we as the moderator team agreed. Whether or not this thread was aimed at me or not, if for example I was one of those this thread was aimed at, I would expect no less being a moderator if I was found guilty of the same offence. We have and will continue to take action to protect our members from inappropriate and attacking behaviour, and have removed numerous people from the forums and cleared it up for others, you are not different and we will support you in the same way.

This goes to all members and not just Fastlife, all the staff of FOC are approachable and here to help, I'd perhaps you don't get on with a certain moderator there are Plenty more of us you can approach, do not suffer in silence and we are here to support, we so not want to lose members for these reasons.

However also bear in mind your own attitude and the forum rules, provoking flame wars and comments as highlighted by Jamie above, if it escalated and continued to cause further troubles would result in moderator action...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

At the end of the day, I have family with difficulties. 

Speaking to them in messages you wouldn't have a clue he has anything wrong with him. He's just quite slow and makes immature comments/comparisons etc. But this wouldn't push you to assume he has learning/mental difficulties. But within 10 seconds of meeting him you'd know, not thing, know, something wasnt quite right as he's got quite severe autism. 

Same goes for yourself in regards to messages. There is no way for us to know you have anything wrong with you until you told us. Therefore we have not be discriminating against your difficulties. 

Most people that carry out work on their car will already have a brief mechanical knowledge or at least be able to piece things together. Hence alot of our responses are aimed at people that, for example, know how to use a multimeter or read the instructions, or watch a YouTube video. 

If you need further explanations you need to ask us for them, and understand that most of us have full time jobs and literally come onto the forum when we have a spare 5 minutes therefore answers are often brief or to the point 

Don't get frustrated. If you have a problem with people, you need to either ignore them, or contact myself or any member of the admin/management team and we'll be happy to assist you. 

Thanks for you're kind reply

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jeebowhite said:

I might not have a learning difficulty but I have my own mental health issues.

As to the timing, it's ironic how it seems to be it was timed to be just after I made my last comment about not hiring and just before you replied with your comment which caused that particular retort.

It is against forum rules for any form of bullying or targeted attacking of members for any reason, especially those of discrimination.

When brought to the attention of moderators we intervene and respond accordingly, we can't be everywhere at every time, so if you feel a comment has been targeting you, you should report the post and detail your concerns so we can thereon act accordingly in your best interests.

You have already explained on the other thread you understand why it came across that way, so you appreciate how words can be misinterpreted. Posting a thread like this is not going to help anyone and you should work with us so we can support you as a member.

Any clear violation of forum rules specifically with aggressive or attacking behaviour none the less motivated by discrimination would result in an immediate ban if we as the moderator team agreed. Whether or not this thread was aimed at me or not, if for example I was one of those this thread was aimed at, I would expect no less being a moderator if I was found guilty of the same offence. We have and will continue to take action to protect our members from inappropriate and attacking behaviour, and have removed numerous people from the forums and cleared it up for others, you are not different and we will support you in the same way.

This goes to all members and not just Fastlife, all the staff of FOC are approachable and here to help, I'd perhaps you don't get on with a certain moderator there are Plenty more of us you can approach, do not suffer in silence and we are here to support, we so not want to lose members for these reasons.

However also bear in mind your own attitude and the forum rules, provoking flame wars and comments as highlighted by Jamie above, if it escalated and continued to cause further troubles would result in moderator action...

okay.

I hope we can get along better now, however I did not appreciate what you said earlier, it was in a way a bit of a threat towards me but meh, lets just move on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

No, but you'll end up getting banned if you carry on like this.

banned for carrying on like what ?  Have I broken any rules, have I upset my fellow brother's and sisters here ?

9 hours ago, Fastlife91 said:

thank you, also can you answer my thread about testing glow plug with multimeter, I list symptoms there.

and a bit random but I saw the rabbit photo above,  do you know anything about rabbits please ?  I could use some advice

thanks

I'm no good with a multi-meter unfortunately but I have 5 awesome rabbits and can most likely help you

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fastlife91 said:

banned for carrying on like what ?  Have I broken any rules, have I upset my fellow brother's and sisters here ?

I've had four warnings and banned twice,

I've also 5529 likes on my profile and created over 30 how to guides 😅 only takes one person to dislike you 

6 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

I'm no good with a multi-meter unfortunately but I have 5 awesome rabbits and can most likely help you

Thanks !  I assume you aren't a Vet but any advice would be appreciated very much. 

We had 2 rabbits that we got in late 2010, a dwarf called Lucy and a flop eared called Martha. Sadly Martha died about 18 months ago unexpectedly and obviously the other rabbit was affected by her passing, she was just not herself for a while after , hardly eating or drinking and didn't seem interested in playing out in the garden. My Mum and I were both very upset too as anybody who has lost their loved pet would be.

Then about 3 weeks ago I went outside to let the other rabbit out of her cage to go play in the garden, she was on her side and I then realised she appeared dead. again both my Mum and I were very sad about it. Several hours alter we put her in a box and discarded her body (we believe once people/animals are dead then that there is no point burying animals or carrying ashes, we do believe that animals go to Heaven and that people go to Heaven or Hell as we are Christians ) 

Question is this - why was the rabbit still floppy several hours after finding her looking dead, could she have just been unconscious or something ? ( we used a spade to put her in a box but she was still floppy) but we could not see any movement at all from her.  when the other rabbit died her body was stiff. 

question 2 : the neighbours (who we don't talk to and don't like )  have a horrible dog with a sharp bark and it's been barking for months sometimes very early, it often jumps right onto our fence and barks aggressively , the rabbits cage is just opposite said fence. the dog actually belongs to the people 2 doors away but there fence is collapsed between next door and their neighbour, they are sisters so their dog often comes running right up onto our fence barking manically. 

could that horrible ugly barking mongrel of a dog have caused our rabbit a heart attack or something ?  please reply asap.

God Bless and thanks in advance 

15 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

We all appreciate that you may not quite grasp 100% the advice offered on this forum but the answers you seek are not straightforward or easy to explain.
I believe that everyone who has offered advice to you have been nothing but patient and happy to go out of their way to help.
I'm sure that nobody here wants to patronise you by only replying in words of one syllable.
You have joined the forum for answers to your car problems so please don't insult members when they try to help you.
Remember that many of us are car amateurs like yourself therefore their answers will consist of varying levels of guesswork and a gradual process of elimination.
We get that you have problems but to be bluntly honest it appears to me that you are the one making an issue of it not the other members.

giphy_zpsevz3qy96.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fastlife91 said:

Thanks !  I assume you aren't a Vet but any advice would be appreciated very much. 

We had 2 rabbits that we got in late 2010, a dwarf called Lucy and a flop eared called Martha. Sadly Martha died about 18 months ago unexpectedly and obviously the other rabbit was affected by her passing, she was just not herself for a while after , hardly eating or drinking and didn't seem interested in playing out in the garden. My Mum and I were both very upset too as anybody who has lost their loved pet would be.

Then about 3 weeks ago I went outside to let the other rabbit out of her cage to go play in the garden, she was on her side and I then realised she appeared dead. again both my Mum and I were very sad about it. Several hours alter we put her in a box and discarded her body (we believe once people/animals are dead then that there is no point burying animals or carrying ashes, we do believe that animals go to Heaven and that people go to Heaven or Hell as we are Christians ) 

Question is this - why was the rabbit still floppy several hours after finding her looking dead, could she have just been unconscious or something ? ( we used a spade to put her in a box but she was still floppy) but we could not see any movement at all from her.  when the other rabbit died her body was stiff. 

question 2 : the neighbours (who we don't talk to and don't like )  have a horrible dog with a sharp bark and it's been barking for months sometimes very early, it often jumps right onto our fence and barks aggressively , the rabbits cage is just opposite said fence. the dog actually belongs to the people 2 doors away but there fence is collapsed between next door and their neighbour, they are sisters so their dog often comes running right up onto our fence barking manically. 

could that horrible ugly barking mongrel of a dog have caused our rabbit a heart attack or something ?  please reply asap.

Hi Mark,

Sorry to hear of the loss of much loved rabbit.

In a word, yes, the presence of any predator (such as a dog, cat, bird of prey etc) can cause a heart attack in a prey animal (such as a rabbit).  It's a natural biological response when they can't get away from the said predator.  It is far more common than you might otherwise think

Whilst the presence of your neighbour's dog could have caused this. It could have equally been a bird of prey flying over your house and garden. The response from the rabbit would have been the same.  

This is not criticism of what you did. But, as owner of many animals, I don't understand why you or your Mum didn't take your rabbit immediately to a vet when you found her limp in the garden, if you weren't sure she was actually dead?

In answer to your question 1, I have buried many of previous cats, some have been stiff with rigour mortis, other's remain quite flexible (for want of a better word). The outside temperature effects how quickly, or slowly rigour mortis sets in.  The colder it is, the longer the dead body will remain limp. 

In answer to your second question, it's the presence of the predator: not the actual noise. Although that wouldn't help.  A prey animal rabbit has an inane sense, instinct (you could call it) of when a predator is nearby, to get away, and if can't: it can literally die of fright.

I've found this link to a rabbit welfare and advice site, which might prove helpful to your rabbit questions

http://www.houserabbit.co.uk/index.php

Edited by GMX
added a link
  • Like 1

Rigor Mortis is only a temporary state too. Bodies will go limp again after a while.

We used to have rabbits and they can get quite stressed. None died through it although they'd often kick the side of the hutch if a fox came. Sometimes they'd stay still and breathe very heavily too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fastlife91 said:

Sadly it could've been anything as they are prey animals, I cover my guys up in the run so they don't get frightened from birds and because they're together that seems to help a lot they don't tend to freak out the same. We have cats that walk into the garden and they try play with the rabbits most of the time they will lay at the side of the run with them xD

• Like 2

This is a massive problem on a lot of sites,i do find this site one of the best for a nice bunch of people when i ask things about stuff as i do a lot.

The big problem i had was punctuality and not the best speller and i will name the site ''Corsa'' site when i had my corsa and not all but a few on there got me down in a massive way to the stage i just left the site and to this day never been back on there,it was a hand full of people and replying to each others reply to make it worse.

So mark  (fastlife91) i do know 100% what you are saying,i tend to bite back a bit now to counter act the joke with a joke and if they know its not getting to you they change.

It can be a nasty world these days out there and i bet everyone on here in some way have been through some rough times like these,keep going mark.

• Like 3

CorsaD-UK by any chance jace1969?

• Like 2