Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing engine in my 140ps fiesta

Samloader01

Sorry if this is in the wrong area please move if it is.

It's a long story buy my 140ps red edition is dead after 6000miles and ford will not repair it as I have a cat back straight through exhaust on it. 

I have damage to piston one and the head needs pressure testing and put together and timed etc as I don't know much about these engines but someone local can rebuild it if I want. 

I was looking into just buying a new engine from somewhere but what one can I buy? I've been told I can get any 1.0 ecoboost engine as they are all the same just different maps and ecu. Is this true? If it is a case of different turbos and injectors etc I can swap it all over but I would think the block or pistons would be different as there is a 40ps increase over the 100ps engine

Im in the same boat as you. Ive lost compression in C1 after 27k. 5 days after pushing from 160bhp to 170 

Here is a chart of engine codes i was sent a few days ago.

https://goo.gl/photos/sF8nCgQcPhZ42V8t8

You need the same engine code as you currently have 

Also, try taking the exhaust off and goimg to another dealer? @iantt may possibly be able to tell you more. Hes the go to man 

The pistons are identical. Its the map, head gasket and possibly turbo that differ. Maybe more. As above, Ian will be able to confirm 

• Like 1

Yep as ginger flame said take it off and go to a different dealer. They will replace the engine as long as they don't think it's been tampered 

• Like 1

I cant it all got logged with head office as I had to make complaints against the dealer and also they called head off e to come and look at the car. and both of my dealers round here don't like me very much due to the amount of complaint I have about my car and the modifications 

Yeah erm, youre looking at around £700 for an engine then. Usually come without ancilaries and turbo hence keep your old one.

you can find out which emissions standard your car is by entering your reg/vin into ford etis under the "vehicle" heading. For example, mine is "emissions Stage V" hence 5. 

So my engine is 

125ps, Stage V. Making it M1JE 

If you struggle feel free to send your reg over and ill be happy to sort it for you :) 

Yours will be YYJA or YYJB

• Like 2

Mine is a yyja. Anyone know what would happen if I was to stick something like a m1je or something in?

Or would it physically not work. I don't really wanna spend 1.3k on a second hand engine (i still dont think i should be paying anything since the car isn't 6000 miles old yet) I've had to pay 340quid to the dealer to get my car back with the engine in pieces in the boot 😣😣

• Like 1

Cat back shouldn't affect the warranty, unless you replaced the cat too?

• Like 1

Its the standard cat. Made the exhaust myself at work but they have said the exhaust has caused the engine to fail but they cant prove it nor can they tell me how it could cause it. I work in the trade myself and I call bs but I don't know how I can win against them

• Like 1

They are using it as an excuse. It's the cat which creates the back pressure so anything cat back is just carrying the exhaust and making some noise. If it had damaged something under the car, then fine not under warranty. But it's not going to write the engine off.

I'd be going down the legal route. Ideally you need an independent report from an "expert" I.e. a mechanic to confirm at the very least your exhaust would not have caused the failure. Serve that to them and say you'll pursue your statutory rights under consumer rights act.

If any part of the car over £100 was paid for on credit you also have section 75 protection from the consumer credit act you can pursue.

• Like 3

do you have any legal expenses insurance to possibly pursue a legal case?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, isetta said:

do you have any legal expenses insurance to possibly pursue a legal case?

Unless I'm mistaken, legal insurance (via car insurance) is in relation to personal injury and damages claims after a crash -- not a civil dispute over warranty. 

• Like 1

What have your previous complaints and modifications been that have made the dealers dislike you?

I would agree with everything that @alexp999 has said. I'm not in the trade and have no knowledge about how a cat works but I would bet that an exhaust from the cat back would not cause an engine to fail or be written off. Citizens advice would be able to give you some guidance on how to pursue this. If you do want to take legal advice and get an independent review then I would make sure you put something in writing and by recorded delivery to the dealers and tell them what you are doing, also give them a timeframe you will be working to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jbell said:

Unless I'm mistaken, legal insurance (via car insurance) is in relation to personal injury and damages claims after a crash -- not a civil dispute over warranty. 

I was thinking maybe legal expenses like some people have on their home insurance or business insurance which sometimes does include contract disputes, however, I admit I have no idea if that contract disputes cover might exclude contracts relating to motor vehicle purchase/service/repair

I was thinking maybe legal expenses like some people have on their home insurance or business insurance which sometimes does include contract disputes, however, I admit I have no idea if that contract disputes cover might exclude contracts relating to motor vehicle purchase/service/repair

I know the cover you mean, my parents had it with their home insurance and used it when they were hit by an uninsured driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club