Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2008

Disgruntled

Hello all,

I have an MA Mondeo Zetec, 5dr hatch, Sea Grey, leather seats, bluetooth, tinted windows, front and rear mudspats, Boot scuff protector and dry boot mat. Car looks good and is very confortable to drive ..... when it goes.

Problem is it quite regularly i.e. 12 times in 14 months comes up with the error message "Engine malfunction, immobiliser activated". Car won't crank over, can't change gears. Is this a known problem or am I just unlucky? Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting the problem?

Hello all,

I have an MA Mondeo Zetec, 5dr hatch, Sea Grey, leather seats, bluetooth, tinted windows, front and rear mudspats, Boot scuff protector and dry boot mat. Car looks good and is very confortable to drive ..... when it goes.

Problem is it quite regularly i.e. 12 times in 14 months comes up with the error message "Engine malfunction, immobiliser activated". Car won't crank over, can't change gears. Is this a known problem or am I just unlucky? Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting the problem?

Considering it's a recurring fault, I would have thought having the error codes read, would be the best place to start. Have you had this done?

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have a similar problem but with my Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 litre engine, TDCI, 58 registered. I bought it just 2 months ago from my friend who had it as a company car. I believe it was well maintained with required servicing. But now I encountered a problem. I am rather new to Ford cars, so I would appreciate any your help with the following issue.

I used my car 2 days ago without any problem. But today, I tried to start the car but the dashboard says: Engine malfunction, Immobiliser active. The engine does not want to start.

For couple of weeks I have been getting dashboard messages like: Stop Bulb Fault but all lights were ok. Other message was Low battery when using a radio even for a short time but I assumed that the battery is OK as the car used to start without any problem.

About a month ago I had to change a fuse for a cigar lighter. Now I checked visually all fuses in engine and under glove compartments but found no blown fuses. I also tried the spare car key to start the engine but without success.

Now I have no idea what could have happened.

I believe I have read all threads regarding immobiliser issues on this forum but still did not find any useful hint for my issue. I would like to avoid going to unknown garage or usually expensive service by a Ford dealer.

I appreciate your help with solving this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Hi

I have a similar problem but with my Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 litre engine, TDCI, 58 registered. I bought it just 2 months ago from my friend who had it as a company car. I believe it was well maintained with required servicing. But now I encountered a problem. I am rather new to Ford cars, so I would appreciate any your help with the following issue.

I used my car 2 days ago without any problem. But today, I tried to start the car but the dashboard says: Engine malfunction, Immobiliser active. The engine does not want to start.

For couple of weeks I have been getting dashboard messages like: Stop Bulb Fault but all lights were ok. Other message was Low Battery when using a radio even for a short time but I assumed that the battery is OK as the car used to start without any problem.

About a month ago I had to change a fuse for a cigar lighter. Now I checked visually all fuses in engine and under glove compartments but found no blown fuses. I also tried the spare car key to start the engine but without success.

I believe I have read all threads regarding immobiliser issues on this forum but still did not find any useful hint for my issue. I would like to avoid going to unknown garage or usually expensive service by a Ford dealer.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

it could be a faulty Ignition ring sensor my mate has a 2010 fiesta and he had it 3 days from the garage brand new and the ignition ring sensor went on him, he drove to work no problem then went to drive home again and the car wouldnt star showing the same fault on the dash and the red light flashing like a strobe.

but your symtoms of blowing fuses could be down to a loose earthing point in the cars electric system, if possible try and find a diagram that displays all of the cars earthing points so as you can visualy check, they are usualy in the corners of the front footwells and on the engine block connecting to the chassie, also the main negative connection to the battery itself ensure the ignition is off before doing anything with the battery though mate. :D

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I have a Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.0 litre engine, TDCI, 58 registered. The same a Robi (previous post) with virtually the same problem, word for word... Surely this can't be a coincidence... My car is in the Ford garage now and they say they can't find the fault.

Any help... greatly appriecated....

Hi

For couple of weeks I have been getting dashboard messages like: Stop Bulb Fault but all lights were ok. Other message was Low Battery when using a radio even for a short time but I assumed that the battery is OK as the car used to start without any problem.

Thanks a lot.

Hi did you find out what was wrong with your car? Mine is doing exactly the same I have the same make, model and year as your car...

Hi did you find out what was wrong with your car? Mine is doing exactly the same I have the same make, model and year as your car...

Wow this thread is almost a year old, surly their must be a solution from the creater of the thread.

• 4 years later...

Hi there I have a 2008 ford Mondeo a lot of interior water damage due to leak some where in the back of the car boot area. This is baffling me as searched the car but in conclusive any help out there please 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club