Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Edge waiting time!

LukeEdge

Hi all,

I am new here so please be gentle.

In September 2016 I do placed order for new Ford Edge Sport, with initial date of the delivery indicated by the dealer for November/ December.

It was very important for me as I do had another car on Personal Contract Lease with expiry date mid December.

Long story short, now we do reach end of march and even my lease provider agreed to extend lease for max 90 days.. now I ended without any car (okay I do drive car from short term Hertz).

Delivery date been at least 8 times changed by the Ford UK, via my dealer  without even slighted explanation why.

According to ETIS car was manufactured in Canada on 3.11.2016 and shipped to Europe from Newark US in end of January - reach Belgium port of Zeebruge on the 20.Feb 2017!

Slowly getting so frustrated as that delay is getting massive and up to date do not have real time of delivery or proper explanation.

So far most of updates from my dealer are simple 1 line of text and just screenshot of the order status :(

" I can confirm this vehicle would come with SYNC3 as it would be a factory build and you would expect to take delivery roughly 12 weeks after placing an order. "

"

- I have been checking the ETA dates of existing customers vehicles that are due in and can provide you with the latest status of your vehicle; currently Ford Logistics are stating it is due in week ending 21st January (as mentioned before, these dates can be subject to change by the manufacturer).

-

I have been checking the ETA dates of existing customers vehicles that are due in and can provide you with the latest status of your vehicle; currently Ford Logistics are stating it is due in week ending 25th February (as mentioned before, these dates can be subject to change by the manufacturer).

"

26acae31c66793ca42f05dd4cad10911.png

With reference to my previous update, your vehicle was due to be in to our compound week ending 25th March – until it arrives I’ll be unable to offer a delivery date as you can appreciate.

I am currently waiting on the latest update from Ford Progress.

956594efe816865e6e36d4ce5a9753d3.png

Please keep in mind we do talk about car worth over £40k... so surely Merc, BMW ... grounds!!

DO any one else experienced such delay and crap customer service?

Now I am on the verge of walking off from the contract and turning in to Germans... as they can provide me with the nice set of wheels in reasonable time/ probably faster than real delivery by FORD...

I know its not much help, but I'm in the same boat too, mine was clear out of Zeebruge 11th Jan 2017, I assume to UK as its RHD but to now I have no info other then the stock responses from the dealer.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that buddy, and you do surprised me with Zeebruge clearance day... so they already been shipped on more than 1 vessel!

It might sounds strange but is good to know I am not alone.

thats what I understand from this screen ( delivered from Zeebruge 10-1-2017)

Update from My dealer is that it is in Portbury Docks in Bristol ?!?!?!

Ford shipping info.JPG

Something has gone astray with your order mate.  I ordered mine at the end of Sep, it just missed a boat before Xmas so shipped 5 weeks later but was still with the dealer on 21 Feb and I picked up on 4 March.

1 hour ago, Jim610 said:

Something has gone astray with your order mate.  I ordered mine at the end of Sep, it just missed a boat before Xmas so shipped 5 weeks later but was still with the dealer on 21 Feb and I picked up on 4 March.

Jim, I am happy for you hope you do like the car.

16923680_1470432802969202_1227492981_n.p

What I noticed me and Tallguy do ordered 210 sport version and you do have (lucky you) Titanium 180, maybe there is the hint??

Zeebruge.png

• Like 1

I do like it so far. nearly 700 miles now so only really getting to know it.

So you can judge your own rough timings below is my own tracking info from W&W.  If you remember it took until 21 Feb to get from last day on this screen shot to the dealer.

Edge.jpg

So Jim, u roughly had Your car in 3 weeks from Zeebruge. For me... 20 Feb 17 in Zeebruge and still not even at the dealer. Even worst case for tallguy, as seems his car is in Europe since 10 Jan!! and he still do not have car.

So 700 miles is just like.. nothing, Hope Edge will serve you well and I will (one day) be happy with him.

Mine was on the last ship before Xmas and I picked it up start of march. I don't see how what spec you have ordered will make any difference to the time it takes from dock to dealer. 

Brad, fair point, but than I do look for ANY even most silly explanation... as really getting frustrated and very much down.

Especially since middle of the month I do "drive" little pug 108 from Hertz... and had to put some important plans on hold. Almost regretting choice as was choosing between Edge and Merc GLC. Even recently send email to the dealer, after they informed me again (8th time since I placed order) about another delay, that if till end of month I won't have the car I will simply cancel my order and will go to the Merc.

Mine took 3 weeks from customs release at Zeebrugge from WW Logistics to get to Southampton. I was under the assumption that a bit of finishing and UK config goes on at a facility in Zeebrugge by Ford (Import tax reduction thing as the car is not imported a complete end product!!?) Only when it was at southampton was it released to the UK distribution at which point the dealer got it on priority delivery to the dealer. That took 3 days! The whole process from factory to southampton was not available to the local UK dealer. Their updates against the order bill took 2 weeks to update! I ended up (once it was on the boat at Newark, NY) giving the dealer a status of EXACTLY where it was. The system is at best shambolic. You can track a £3 package from china better than a £40K car!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LukeEdge said:

Brad, fair point, but than I do look for ANY even most silly explanation... as really getting frustrated and very much down.

Especially since middle of the month I do "drive" little pug 108 from Hertz... and had to put some important plans on hold. Almost regretting choice as was choosing between Edge and Merc GLC. Even recently send email to the dealer, after they informed me again (8th time since I placed order) about another delay, that if till end of month I won't have the car I will simply cancel my order and will go to the Merc.

I test drove both and the edge feels much bigger than the glc. Interior is nice in the merc though. 

Agree with you Brad, as obtaining car is for most of us 2nd biggest expenditure in life, after house, I did my checks including test drive, talk to sales people etc.

Both EDGE and GLC have it's pro and cons.
I do weighted them selected Edge, but as glc was close... and possibly would at least have different customer service... now I'm in regret phase... as still waiting for a car and have feeling that Ford don't give f*** about it's customers... even on the model they been dreaming to crack some more premium customers.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Having driven fords for the last 13 years I have had no problems with customer service (with several dealers due to me moving around) however both my previous cars (Mondeos) were exceptionally reliable so only routine visits to Ford.

Too early to judge the Edge for reliability yet but my sales experience has been OK.  When I ordered the car the salesman explained what to expect and, aside from the missing the boat by a day leading to a 5 week hold on the other side of the pond, all went as described.  He told me the car would be here on or around the 4 Feb and despite the delay state-side it arrived on 21 Feb.

I am currently enjoying the Edge and so far so good for everything working. 

I appreciate some of you have had bad experiences but you shouldn't really tar the all Ford dealerships with the same brush based on just your own experience, they are not all bad.

• Like 1

Jim,

As I even messaged today my dealer, I do not blame them for delay.

I have to say, so far they did good job Allen Ford Swindon, 1st dealing with me... and keeping me updated and informed.

I know whole massive delay thingy, and had nothing to do with them at all as they are just at that stage simply messengers between me and Ford.

I mean Ford as a whole company, that is where is the customer service problem, not updating about reasons of delay dealer and in first place allowing such delay.

Just check my screenshot from etis, when car car was build, than when it was shipped ??!! and finally where is now???

On good news side, today I do gotta email from my dealer:

"

Everything is being pieced together now.

A vehicle registration has been issued of which means I will be able to issue finance documents later on today for you.

I am still waiting confirmation of the arrival of your vehicle but know it will be imminent now.

Thank you again for your patience. "

So maybe there is light in the end of that tunnel?

Happy days- hope you enjoy your new car 

• Like 1

Tnanks NeilRS, you see a bit of loud cry out on the Ford Forum instant effect. lol

From paper works looks like 1st reg day will be 30.03.2017, so I do hope collection will be maybe day after?

You'll miss a massive increase in car tax if it's registered 30 03. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NeilRS said:

You'll miss a massive increase in car tax if it's registered 30 03. 

I know, and that is why I was even more eager and impatient.

Crappy service by Ford?! I refuse to believe it.

You should point out to them that the car tax increase is approaching and that as you have been misled on numerous occasions, you will be expecting a reduction in the price commensurate to say 3/4/5 years car tax...

On Wed Mar 22 2017 at 3:26 PM, LukeEdge said:

Now I am on the verge of walking off from the contract and turning in to Germans... as they can provide me with the nice set of wheels in reasonable time/ probably faster than real delivery by FORD...

Good luck with that !!

In my experience once a car arrives at the docks its a bit of a lottery as to when it gets on the boat. This has nothing to do with the manufacturer.

13 hours ago, GaryPL said:

Crappy service by Ford?! I refuse to believe it.

You should point out to them that the car tax increase is approaching and that as you have been misled on numerous occasions, you will be expecting a reduction in the price commensurate to say 3/4/5 years car tax...

This will be a problem for alot of people i guess in the run up.

Ford or anyone else though can't really be held responsible for bizzare govenment decisions. 

6 hours ago, sbird1975 said:

This will be a problem for alot of people i guess in the run up.

Ford or anyone else though can't really be held responsible for bizzare govenment decisions. 

But Ford can be held responsible for not fulfilling their own commitment around the delivery time, particularly when it's tune of several months, several lies and several tens of thousands of £££.

• Like 1

Yup, agree with you Gary on that. In my case as you can see in pics/ screen shot provided my car is in Europe for some time already... So no excuse for them. As well check from etis it's production date, so wonder why so late to put on the boat to Europe in first place any way.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club