Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is there spose to be a dash button for Traction Control?

LeeZetecS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jonny87

• DanGull

• Tyrefryer

• Focus_ST-3

If you have it fitted on your Zetec S - remember it's not standard - then there is a button on the centre console in front of the handbrake to turn it off.

If you have it fitted on your Zetec S - remember it's not standard - then there is a button on the centre console in front of the handbrake to turn it off.

Cheers Dan, I got mine from a ford salesman so didn't pick the spec. Would of picked the 17's and Traction Control to what what i have now.

I love it all the same tho :rolleyes:

Cheers Dan, I got mine from a ford salesman so didn't pick the spec. Would of picked the 17's and Traction Control to what what i have now.

I love it all the same tho :rolleyes:

Shame, as they come in the same pack - the Street Pack includes the 17s, privacy glass and ESP. It used to add the side skirts too, but they're no standard.

If you do not have button you can also remove the fuse :D

Thats Naughty.... Wheres my screwdriver <_<

If you don't have the button and it's a Zetec S - the car doesn't have ESP...

Although, that's a damn good idea for my Titanium :lol:

I was wondering why no-one had suggested that yet! I remember someone said that when Clarson did the 'test' on the Fiesta in the shopping centre they just removed the ABS and ESP fuses.

Cost and time of installing the EPS for a Zetec S is?

50p

only joshin ya!

Probably either not possible or not possible without spending a hell of a lot of ££££££

50p

only joshin ya!

Probably either not possible or not possible without spending a hell of a lot of ££££££

So a pre-build option. Maybe for the next one then.

its only a ECU program...can't imagine it being that tricky...probably just a setting in the ECU main controls...need right programing from Ford tho to do it....bet thats all it is...its a very simple traction control system...just cuts power and takes readings from ABS sensors.

but...why would you want it??????

It's a little bit more sophisticated than 'just cuts power' Piggy - that suggests that all it does is kill the engine completely if it detects the wheels spinning. It's able to do it independently to each front wheel for start, and it's sophisticated enough to be able to detect the amount of 'cut' that is needed.

For actual driving - I like it, but I would like to be able to remove it for when I want to do a fast start as I am more than capable of controlling the clutch myself - I find the system kicks in just a little too early for my liking, revs high and right on the verge of wheel spin for example.

It's a little bit more sophisticated than 'just cuts power' Piggy - that suggests that all it does is kill the engine completely if it detects the wheels spinning. It's able to do it independently to each front wheel for start, and it's sophisticated enough to be able to detect the amount of 'cut' that is needed.

For actual driving - I like it, but I would like to be able to remove it for when I want to do a fast start as I am more than capable of controlling the clutch myself - I find the system kicks in just a little too early for my liking, revs high and right on the verge of wheel spin for example.

so true.

what??

its got a electronic diff has it!?!? :lol:

I know how the systems work bud...no point me going into specifics...I would wear me fingers out typing...but it is one of the simplest systems on the market...hence the complaints ya'll are having about it.

It doesn't kill engine completely I know, it depends on the slip it detects, but the 'solution' it has it cutting back on the power...nothing else...that what I am saying...

Not saying that it should be better...it aint no M3 or AMG merc, just a festa...but just stating what I know about the systems...may help explain some of the complaints about it!?? maybe people expecting too much of a basic system :)

what is front PDC? Do you know if fitting it affects warranty?

Also did you buy the part from a ford garage?

what is front PDC? Do you know if fitting it affects warranty?

if just switch....remove when need warranty work done! he he

if just switch....remove when need warranty work done! he he

Yeah but if it doesnt effect warranty there is no need! :)

Oh right!

Why wont it work with PDC??

Because then you already have a pdc-button, which is not compatible with this esp-off button.

(only front pdc !)

Because then you already have a pdc-button, which is not compatible with this esp-off button.

(only front pdc !)

can't it just be moved along one...that pic showed 2 blanks?!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club