Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox again

georgewainwright1210

Following on from previous post ( stuck in gear 2006 tdci mondeo ) . The garage have had the gear box out twice now ( so they say ) as they suspected a dodgy seal .they changed said seal ? Sorry forgot to ask what seal . And thought they had solved it as it worked for a short while but it went again so the opened the gear box and changed the seal yet again . And same scenario again . They are now a bit stumped as to why this seal keeps blowing . But back to square 1 with it being either stuck in gear or carnt select a gear with the engine running . I did mention about the selector cables but they said it changes fine without the engine running so I'm presuming they have checked these . If this seal what ever it is that keeps blowing I would of thought is on the hydraulic side of things ?

They haven't mentioned the actual clutch assembly itself as being at fault so I'm presuming that's ok? I'll try and find out some more details but untill they are there any gear box gurus out there that may have an idea as to what's going on .

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club