Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 mkIV Mondeo touchscreen DAB issue/security code

Apologies everyone if I'm repeating topics already covered. What I'm going to write will be long winded but hope may lay enough background into out to aid in answering my query.

I've just bought a 3yr old mint Tit X B-E (after an unsuccessful stint driving a Volvo) and pleased with it in every way apart from the DAB function not working. There are 5 tuned DAB stations but they're not actually playing anything and there is no movement on the tuning scale.

I've read previous threads over the internet which seem to have run their course without one obvious resolution, some suggesting software reboot/reload at Ford dealers but some suspicion that they don't really do anything and have others answers to issues they don't care to share with us. Others have had the DAB module replaced and some disconnected the battery

I've done the latter and now have my touchscreen head unit locked out requiring a security PIN to reset it despite there being lots of info about suggesting the later touchscreen not needing a PIN as such but more of a VIN tie up. When I reconnected the battery the head unit shows a VIN tie up but there only numerals on the software keypad and only 4 digits to enter - now the head is locked out. 

Does anyone know if I can get the 4 digit security code using my VIN as an identifier or does the head unit need removing to provide Ford with serial no:? Once unlocked is my battery disconnection likely to have worked or am I going to have to book the car in with my local Ford servicing garage? 

Also I don't seem to have a working voice control system - does anyone who has seen DAB issues encountered this at the same time? I'm possibly barking up the wrong tree in hoping that two key functions not working is going to be a software reboot but then I'm probably wrong.

Any help would be appreciated 

You need the security code have you checked in your handbook for this, a Ford dealer will be able to get the code for you normal charge is £15 as to wether your disconnect has worked who knows seems like snake oil to me in most cases.

3 hours ago, pragmatix said:

You need the security code have you checked in your handbook for this, a Ford dealer will be able to get the code for you normal charge is £15 as to wether your disconnect has worked who knows seems like snake oil to me in most cases.

Pragmatic, many thanks for the reply. I'm delighted with the car in every way apart from this but know it will soon be sorted. Unfortunately the handbook with car doesn't have the code nor any if the service books. 

The trader I bought the car from is going to take care of it and it's booked in on Monday with my local dealer. I'm laid up with my arm in a sling post op and can't drive at the moment so not driving me nuts like it normally would but I was kind of hoping to sort it myself while I have the time.

Snake oil everywhere is very real I think...

I just had to google 'snake oil' lol

Good to hear a trader taking care of things. Hope you have a speedy recovery! I'm also unable to drive at the minute and I'm really missing my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk