Do Not Sell My Personal Information

19" Alloy Upgrade TPMS Question

Proz

Hi everyone

I'm considering upgrading from 17" to 19" Ford OEM alloys . I have TPMS so my new wheels will need it as well as i intend to use my original 17" alloys as a spare "winter"  wheels.

So I'll need 4 TPMS sensors in the new alloys but how are they programmed to the car ??  I am quite happy to use Ford original sensors despite the costs or are aftermarket ones just the same ? 

Is it a visit to the dealers to get new sensors programmed to the car ?  

Thanks

Does your cluster show the individual tyre pressures? If it does, then the sensors will need programming for each wheel position. It's a 5minute job at a ford dealer(but will probably charge a silly amount for doing it. )
The sensors are self learning and on other cars without the display , you can just get them to learn without identifying there position.

1 minute ago, iantt said:

Does your cluster show the individual tyre pressures? If it does, then the sensors will need programming for each wheel position. It's a 5minute job at a ford dealer(but will probably charge a silly amount for doing it. )
The sensors are self learning and on other cars without the display , you can just get them to learn without identifying there position.

I don't think it shows the individual pressures ... or not that I have found on the display.

So I would just need the sensors in the new wheels and it finds them itself ?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, iantt said:

Yep.how old is your Mondeo?

Ah sorry its a 2015 Ecoboost Titanium  hatch . The only option in TPMS is to reset it.

Ah sorry its a 2015 Ecoboost Titanium  hatch . The only option in TPMS is to reset it.
You could just use a sensor mimic and not fit sensors on the new wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Interesting idea but  I think I would want the sensors anyway .

• Like 1

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, iantt said:

for £60 you could get 4 oem sensors.

You don't have a link to the oem sensors at this price do you ... I cant find any ?

i looked on eBay. im sure there all the same regardless of the current model range. i can check monday for you to make sure they are. have your existing wheels got rubber tyre valves or metal?

I have what I think are rubber valves  but heres a pic .... Also is there any issue with me running 235/40/19 on 19" Ford alloys  https://www.jenningsmotorgroup.co.uk/shop/view/2013283-ford-mondeo-19-alloy-wheel-black/

I have a 1.5 Ecoboost hatchback 2015 with a retractable towbar .... it says on the alloy wheel page "Combination with tow bar only possible on vehicles from 10/2015"

I think mine was first registered in 03/2015. But why would having a retractable genuine Ford towbar mean I cant have 19" Ford alloys ??? I don't see the issue personally  ... I don't have a caravan .... its only for a bike carrier with maximum of 3 bikes but normally only 2 road bikes .

I have used an alloy wheel convertor page and from what I have currently to the new 19" set up means the speedo is only 0.57% out which is nothing . If my speedo says 30mph I'm actually doing 29.7 .

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=50&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7.5&offset=55&width2=235&aspect2=40&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8&offset2=55

Sorry for the questions .

20171022_140058.jpg

no idea on the 19" wheel and tow bars. only thing i can help is the sensors, you have the rubber type sensors. ive probably got 4 kicking around . have pm you.

Hi Pm'd back ... sorry but I asked again about the alloys lol .

Should have read here first