Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye bye Mondeo

pragmatix

After 15 years of Mondeo ownership, all having done over 175k 2 of them having done 235k, it's time to say goodbye, mainly due to movement problems the Mondeo is getting too hard to get into, I've gone and ordered a Grand CMax 1.5 Tdci in deep impact blue, got a good deal and all the toys,so staying with Ford and will be still sticking my nose in here.

im feeling a little sad, love the Mondeo almost trouble free motoring.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I would stick with the Mondeo if l were you !! You'll probably not have it 5 minutes before it needs a garage 😂 modern..

PeugeotnVolvo engines in the new models that's Ford's new problems

20 minutes ago, doggsbody said:

I would stick with the Mondeo if l were you !! You'll probably not have it 5 minutes before it needs a garage 😂 modern..

PeugeotnVolvo engines in the new models that's Ford's new problems

The Mondeo has had the Peugeot engines for years no probs and Ford owned Volvo for a while and used its 5 cylinder engine in ST,s to great effect, the 1.5 Tdci is made by Renault and use by Mercedes to name but one other

• Like 2

Make sure you stick around, you have loads of knowledge that I know we have all tapped into. Enjoy the toys on the C-Max, hope it compares to the Mondeo

jon 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pragmatix said:

The Mondeo has had the Peugeot engines for years no probs and Ford owned Volvo for a while and used its 5 cylinder engine in ST,s to great effect, the 1.5 Tdci is made by Renault and use by Mercedes to name but one other

I did not know that.  Every day's a school day :-)

On 08/02/2018 at 8:00 PM, pragmatix said:

It's good when someone knows more than I've learned 👍 l knew Sierra's had the pug diesel's engine but yeah not the Volvo only thought that was a recent thing ? So how come so many of the new modern Ford's show similar problems as Citreon/Peugeot n Renault ? The Volvo in modern Mondeo's is what l learned but not in others but have noticed lots of complaints about the modern Ford's ? 

Ford have used the PUG 1.6 and 2.0 diesels for about 15ish years with most of the older petrols such as the 1.8 & 2.0 Duratec coming from Mazda, and not forgetting the mighty 2.5 5 pot from Volvo :biggrin:

• Like 1