Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello

BobH809

Hi, My name is Bob and I have lived in South Shropshire now for 19 years. I have also recently returned to the world of Ford. In the wasteland that was not Ford I have owned Renault, Volkswagen, SEAT, Vauxhall, Rover, Toyota and even a Daewoo, and I almost forgot, a Chevy Blazer. Before these I did own Fords. Four Capri's, Mk1 x2, Mk2 x1, Mk3 x1. Then there was a Mk2 Cortina and a Mk3 Auto.

Now, I own (my Wife and I, is what I should say) a Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S 1.0 in White. It is a 15 reg used car. From the moment I got behind the wheel I knew it was an improvement -in some ways, not economy- on our 59 plate Toyota iQ. At some point I had to try out the performance, and I was very surprised at the way it wound up as I 'blasted' past a pick-up and horsebox doing 30 (on a 60 road). My stepdaughter was the first (who also owns a Fiesta) to ask if I am having a mid-life crisis. Maybe, maybe I am... and I love it. What a great little car.

However, there is also the serious side, economy. We used to get an overall average of 57 mpg -according to Fuelly- and in the summer highs over 60 mpg. So far I have managed, and without trying too hard, to get the average up from 39 to 44.3, as of today. Last word, it has put a smile on my face that has been missing after I had to sell my 2000 GSi Cavalier.

Both my wife and I are very happy with it and looking forward to more trips out in it. I used to be on the Toyota iQ Forum, and hope this one is as good -I'm sure it will be from what I have seen so far. I do want to make some mods to the car too. Two essentials are for various reasons, rear parking sensors and Alloy Gators. Then I'll see where the mood takes me.

1000 Pixels resize.jpg

• Like 1