Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading non bluetooth stereo with bluetooth version

redfez92

Hi, i currently have the original non bluetooth stereo in my fiesta. I am looking to change this to either a standard one with bluetooth or the upgraded sony one.

How will i do this? What needs to be done? And what do i need? How hard is it?

TIA

PFA (my stereo now)

DSC_0449.jpg

A replacement unit should be plug and play, however not sure about getting the bluetooth working as it's a separate APIM module called SYNC, which is located above the passenger footwell. This would mean you will have to install anither wiring harness and possible have to activate it using Forscan and an Elm327 adapter (about £15 from Tunnelrat).

The absolute minimum you will need for this is unit itself, unit fascia, screen, screen surround, and SYNC module. I'm guessing that there will be no wiring where the sync module will be so you would have to add that too.

Conveniently I am currently selling all of the that stuff (apart fom the wiring), drop us a PM if you're interested. From what I can remember the upgraded stereo will still work without the SYNC unit, you just won't have bluetooth.

this all depends if you already have a usb port in your car in the middle of your 2 front seats near the hand brake if you do then you can just install the bluetooth via the usb like i did. you should have it. i have it on my  mk7 titanium

heres the link for it:

https://willtaylor.org/update-ford-audio-bluetooth/

40 minutes ago, Rossyboi93 said:

this all depends if you already have a usb port in your car in the middle of your 2 front seats near the hand brake if you do then you can just install the bluetooth via the usb like i did. you should have it. i have it on my  mk7 titanium

heres the link for it:

https://willtaylor.org/update-ford-audio-bluetooth/

The guide only works for the pre-facelift version (mk7 2008-2012) The car is a MK7.5, so bluetooth was integrated into SYNC, which is not fitted to this vehicle. It's therefore not possible to activate bluetooth with a software update and a SYNC module must be installed.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club