Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Name: Tato
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT
  • Year: 2011

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

Not the best, it was getting dark by the time I got home.
Sensors purchased form Ebay.

Looks really good! How are the sensors working?

#18 HellsHammer

HellsHammer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Mk7 (WT)

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:25 AM

Looks really good! How are the sensors working?

Very happy with them so far.

Now for the next job, ambient lighting.

#19 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

Very happy with them so far.

Now for the next job, ambient lighting.

Do you have one monitor inside for the sensors?

What ambient lights you are going to choose?

#20 HellsHammer

HellsHammer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec Mk7 (WT)

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

Do you have one monitor inside for the sensors?

What ambient lights you are going to choose?

Didn’t go for the inside monitor, just the beeper since all my previous cars have had this and its being sufficient.

The ambient lights I am going for are parts of the “Aesthetic Lighting Package” which is on the Zetec/Titanium. Here in Oz they decided the sell the latest Zetec with only the footwell lights so I am going to purchase the other components from European Parts. Going to be a challenge since I know the wiring for these have been removed.

#21 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

Didn’t go for the inside monitor, just the beeper since all my previous cars have had this and its being sufficient.

The ambient lights I am going for are parts of the “Aesthetic Lighting Package” which is on the Zetec/Titanium. Here in Oz they decided the sell the latest Zetec with only the footwell lights so I am going to purchase the other components from European Parts. Going to be a challenge since I know the wiring for these have been removed.

I think I will go for the beeper also, I don't see so much point to pay more just to have a small screen inside the car.

#22 MartynS

MartynS

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Name: Martyn
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

Any chance of a guide or pics when you do this? I've always wanted to know what's involved in fitting this...

#23 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:09 PM

Any chance of a guide or pics when you do this? I've always wanted to know what's involved in fitting this...

Send me one PM with your email.

#24 White_ZS_TDCI

White_ZS_TDCI

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Name: Craig
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

Does Anyone Know How much ford charge to fit these?

#25 John Sew Hoy

John Sew Hoy

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and came by this post.
I've bought the ParkingDyanmics PD1 kit and wondering does anyone have the cable colour I need to connect the red cable into ? My assumpion was that the black cable went to the earth point.

However someone posted that:

The black wire from the sensor goes to the blue and black wire on the lamp cluster and the red wire goes to the blue.

Can someone please advise the colour code? Do I have to mount the sensor onto the earth point or I can connect to an earth connection instead?

Regards,
John

#26 Burnsey61

Burnsey61

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: Stevie
  • Ford Model: Fiesta titanium econetic 1.6 tdci

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Lez

You seem to be the dude on this one, have you fitted front or do you have the step by step guide as per your note of 5 march 11! I am going to give it a go at weekend hopefully fitting dolphin sensors

Appreciate any help

#27 lollapalooza

lollapalooza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Name: Paolo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Contributor

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Ok guys, just my two cents :-)
I'm sorry if my english is not perfect, but I hope you can understand what I try to say.

I bought the Bosch Parkpilot URF7 from Amazon.de... it was the lowest price I found on the internet.

Taking away the rear bumber is very easy, and takes about 15 minutes; there are just 4 screws and 6 plastic "nails" (sorry, but I don't know the english name); if somebody is interested, I can post the Ford Manual pages where all the steps are shown.
I decided to take it away in order to work in a more comfortable way; moreover in this way I had the opportunity to find the markers (it's a + embossed on the plastic) for the original sensors on the inside of the bumber.

It was a bit harder to take away the moquette (and all the plastic pieces) in the rear boot, because it's like chinese boxes (pieces are stuck in each other), but it is definitely something that can be done with a bit of attention.

I installed the main unit below the rear right fender (on UK cars I guess it's better to use the left side), without having to make holes in the car's body, by using two plastic ties.
I took the negative from there, by putting a screw in a hole (that hole was already there), after using sandpaper to take away some paint, and I took the positive from the rear light wire (it should be pin n. 6, blue colored), by using a "current stealer"; I don't know the english name, but it's this item:
Posted Image

After that I needed a hole to bring all the sensor wires outside; and on the floor of the boot, below the moquette, I found two holes with a plug... so I just had to make a hole in the plug and seal it again after pulling the wires outside.

I had a problem with the drill cutter I tried on the first attempt. They are for wood works, and make a bad work on the plastic bumper; they are open on one side, and the coupling on the holder is not very stable. Here you can see:
Posted Image

So... now you are warned: do not use the above cutter, but only use the below ones. They make a very good hole without any blur.
Posted Image

Here you are some pictures of the job.

Here you can see where I put the buzzer; inside the right strut; I didn't want to put it in a place where it was visible, so I wanted to hide it.
The first picture is taken from away, the others are make very close, you can see the buzzer inside the belt's hole; a few leds are lit.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is from outisde of the car. The sensors are installed in the same place where Ford puts them in the factory.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is the place where I put the main unit and all the wires in the rear boot.
In the first picture you can see everything at its own place when the work is done, in the others you can see below the moquette.
The main unit and all the wires are clearly visible.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

P.S.
The black-red wire you see in one of the pictures is a wire I used to feed the current to the 2nd rear-fog lamp.
On UK cars the fog lamp it's only on the right side, in the rest of EU it's on the left side. I bough the UK spare part and fitted to my Fiesta.
I like symmetrical things :-)

#28 Lez

Lez

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Name: Laszlo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi
  • Year: 2009

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Lez

You seem to be the dude on this one, have you fitted front or do you have the step by step guide as per your note of 5 march 11! I am going to give it a go at weekend hopefully fitting dolphin sensors

Appreciate any help

Hi! i will have a look, but i think i have the rear only...

#29 tunne1rat

tunne1rat

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
Contributor

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Can anyone confirm if location guides (for the sensors) are pre-moulded on the inside of the bumper like they are on most other Fords?

#30 Tato

Tato

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

I think lollapalooza bought these ones (in case somebody is interested)

http://www.amazon.de...=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users