Photo
- - - - -

Hids On Mk7

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Hids On Mk7 (77 member(s) have cast votes)

Aftermarket HIDs on the road?

1. Aaargh! I'm blind (28 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Yaarrgh! I'm cool (32 votes [41.56%])

Percentage of vote: 41.56%

3. Oiiii. You're Nicked (17 votes [22.08%])

Percentage of vote: 22.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76 HA06ZZA

HA06ZZA

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta mountune replica
  • Year: 2011

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

I have 6000 k on mine and that's perfect goin on a bout dazzle this and dazzle that is stupid because,

1 we would never get pulled because there not bright enough to be noticeable

2 our cars are new so police would only get the idea that they are standard to the car

I was talkin to one cop that said he really liked my light and "wished he had some like that on his police car" haha he called them "range rover lights" what a donut (can't swear )

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#77 FIESTA_MAD

FIESTA_MAD

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Name: l
  • Ford Model: fiesta zetec

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:28 AM

i dont see any problem fitting any hids upto 6000k into the fiestas projectors when ford fitted bi xnenon lights into the focus and mondeo fitted with nearly the same lights .

#78 A-train

A-train

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Name: .
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2010
Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

The fact that they have projector lenses means it shouldn't dazzle like they would do on an old car as the beam pattern should be ok. My last car had projector headlights and it passed its mot a couple of weeks ago for the 3rd time with them in. Not saying it always will, but it has been up until now.

#79 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,519 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

They're actually completely different lenses for xenon headlights, but they should be good really.

#80 Sheriff

Sheriff

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 276 posts
  • Name: Martin
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S 1.6 petrol

Posted 03 October 2014 - 02:42 PM

Jesus there's a lot of bull !Removed! in is thread...

HID lights are not dangerous just because they are HID's, let's get that straight out of the way. The way they are fitted,and what type of headlamp they are fitted to makes them dangerous....

Correctly fitted and aligned HID's in projector housings are absolutely fine. The only difference to factory xenon headlamps (which HID's are but cheaper) are the addition of a level sensor and headlamp washers. The sensor keeps the lights pointing where they should and the washer keeps the beam pattern from going all over the place.

The problem is this. Far too many bell end chavs fit HID lights to reflector housings. The beam pattern is scattered all over the place and is blinding to oncoming vehicles. This instantly puts HID's into the 'dangerous' bracket which is actually unjust.

No, technically they are not legal. Yes there may be an MoT issue (but let's be fair this has been punting around for ages so I'd not worry too much) but ultimately if they are fitted to projector housings and aligned properly there should not be an issue.

I love xenon lights on the cars I've had before, and I'd have them on every car if I could as the light output is much better.

#81 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,217 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:17 PM

Totally agree.
It is illegal to fit HID units to standard reflector headlights -no if's and's or but's.
They must be fitted into projector lens units to focus the light properly or they will dazzle oncoming drivers.
If anyone thinks they are safe in normal lenses then try this-
Buy a strong LED torch and shine it directly into your eyes for a couple of seconds then attempt to see where you are going.
You will not be able to for several minutes as the rods and cones in your eye will be overloaded.
Now imagine this was your eyes on an unlit A road after being dazzled by some nub using HID on reflector housings.
Same effect- !Removed! dangerous and selfish.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users