No, I never will include this function in shared software. Immobilizer is your car theft protection. And if everybody have ability to add a new key in system, this barrier will not matter at all.
Is there a possibility (maybe in future versions of the software) to program the transponder serial numbers into the instrument cluster. I would like to install a MK2.5 (2010) instrument cluster into my MK2 (2005). The MK2.5 instrument cluster is functioning in the MK2 but the car won't start because of the immobilizer. The local Ford dealer is not able to program the immobilizer because the MK2.5 instrument cluster isn't recognised as a correct MK2 module.
Ford dealer MUST be able to do it, it one of his function. And facelift/prefacelift clusters are totally compatible. If dealer won't replace it, you can do it by yourself:
- agree with dealer on key adding procedure only
- save your HEC config
- come to dealer and replace cluster near him (do not start the car until keys programming!)
- load your config in ELMConfig and change necessary parameters for level 2/3 cluster (don forget about clock!)
- write your new config into cluster
- program your keys
- if you want, you can write your old odometer value into new cluster