Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

tewsona

Wait some time to get PCM adapted. It should become real or looks like real after 150-300 miles driving

I managed mix up wires from white connector (see pic) so does anyone has pin order for so I could fix it?

post-46564-0-95991600-1378399794_thumb.j

Is there any chance this would be available for a fiesta mk6? Changed GEM (cause it failed) and need to reprogram it :)

Thanks

No, this will not work for the Fiesta MK6. The GEM module of the Fiesta MK6 is completely different than the Focus MK2/MK2.5 GEM module.

The electrical system of the Focus MK2/MK2.5 is much more advanced than the Fiesta MK6 electrical system. The Fiesta MK6 does not have a CAN-bus network and as far as I know there are not much functions which are programmable on the Fiesta MK6 GEM module.

Actually the facelift does have a CAN bus network

CAN bus - vehicles built from MY 2006

Item

Part Number

Description

-

Mid-speed CAN bus (MS-CAN).

-

High-speed CAN bus. (HS CAN).

-

DLC.

-

PCM.

-

Automatic transmission module - vehicles with automatic transmission / TCM - vehicles with automatic clutch and gearshift mechanism.

-

Transmission selector unit - vehicles with automatic clutch and gearshift mechanism

-

Electro-hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS).

-

ABS module or ESP module

-

Electronic instrument cluster.

-

Terminating resistors.

-

GEM

-

Bluetooth/voice control module.

-

Radio tuner.

-

Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) module

-

RCM

ISO 9141 bus - vehicles built from MY 2006

Item

Part Number

Description

-

DLC.

-

ISO 9141 bus.

-

RCM

-

ABS module or ESP module

True the GEM does control different things but still has some stuff that a fiesta owner might want to retrofit.

Functions CL CL/RF DL/RF ST150 (RHD) Japan

Voltage supply

battery protection function X X X X X

Voltage supply management X X X X X

Exterior lighting

Turn signals and hazard flasher X X X X X

Lane-change flasher X X X X X

Hazard flasher during sharp braking X X X X X

Headlamp switch-off delay X X X X X

Peripheral lights -- X X X X

Autolamps -- X X X X

Interior lighting

Interior lamp switch-off delay X X X X X

Interior lamp extended switch-off delay X X X X X

Activated when doors are unlocked -- X X X X

Window heating

Windshield X X X X X

Rear window X X X X X

Wipers

Programmable windshield wiper interval X X X X X

Windshield wiper interval adjustable via rotary switch X X X X X

Rain sensor -- X X X X

Windshield wash/wipe function X X X X X

Windshield after-wipe X X X X X

Rear window intermittent wipe X X X X X

Rear window wash/wipe function X X X X X

Rear window wipe during reversing X X X X X

Folding exterior mirrors

Exterior mirror folding function via locking/unlocking X X X X

Information/warning functions

Door open warning indicator X X X X X

Lights on warning buzzer X X X X X

Personalization X X X X X

Locking/unlocking

Manual locking/unlocking with a key X X X X X

Central locking/unlocking with 433MHz radio remote control -- X -- -- --

Central locking/unlocking with 315MHz radio remote control -- -- -- -- X

Central locking/unlocking and double locking with 433MHz radio remote control -- -- X X --

Two-stage unlocking (driver door/ all doors) -- X X X X

Locking status feedback via turn signals X X X X X

Programming of double locking/single locking -- -- X -- --

Vehicle locking at start of trip (not for European markets) X X X X X

Liftgate release

Release via radio remote control -- X X X X

Release via switch in the passenger compartment X X X X X

Alarm

Anti-theft alarm system (perimeter) -- -- X -- --

Anti-theft alarm system (Thatcham Cat1) -- -- -- X --

Radio/DVD input signal for alarm system -- -- X X --

Interior scanning -- -- X X --

Deactivation of the anti-theft alarm system with valid PATS key -- -- -- X --

Anti-theft alarm horn with integral battery -- -- -- X --

Horns

Vehicle horn X X X X X

Alarm horn -- -- X -- --

Diagnosis

Diagnosis X X X X X

service mode X X X X X

Programming of PATS key -- X X X X

Sorry for the x but posted using iPhone

The program is only worth using for the facelift model (6.5). Firgot to specify in my first post

ELMConfig won't work with Fusion and Fiesta, because it's dedicated to FF2 and MND4

but there is a program called ELM-FFN to change configuration of Fusion and it may work also with latest Fiestas mk6 - http://www.fusionguru.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4950 I don't have any experience with this program, just lanched it to see user interface.

Program requires ELM327 with MS/HS switch.

Ok so the wiring here is valid for the FFN?

Thanks

Edited by Stoney871

yes - according to that foru

but even without HS/MS switch you can access those modules which sit on HS-CAN (same situation in FF2)

I have the Drive away assist option showing on Elmconfig, would this be the Hill launch assist?

I have the Drive away assist option showing on Elmconfig, would this be the Hill launch assist?

Yes it sounds like it is

Hello Everyone

I try to read the CCD file from the IPC module but can not succeed my car is ford S-Max 2007 is the one who has succeeded and can explain to me why it is not possible.

When I go into the IPC module and press read CCD file everything goes fine but when I go into Central configuration where everything seems to be locked, nothing is going to change!

Grateful for all the help I can get.

From BCM module I have no problem it is possible to read the CCD and modify data in the central configuration.

Attach two pictures of how it looks.

Sincerely Addo

post-46657-0-19852100-1378729855_thumb.j

post-46657-0-17832100-1378729869_thumb.j

I will continue a bit actually, if somebody is interested. So this emulation layer after emulation can cause problems by itself. But why are we having problems? Why do other devices work and other do not? Well, hello China! As USB took over and serial ports started to dissapear but still all the devices supported only serial protocol (again, it's trivial to implement compared to USB protocol), few companies smelled money. Let's make Serial-USB bridge chips so that hardware vendors do not need to do anything else than add one chip to their devices and software vendor's do not need to do anything at all! Great idea, and great profit!

Chinese being chinese, they of course smelled money also and started to clone thise bridges. As far as I know, most often cloned device is Prolific's PL2303. This was a bit unfortunate, because back in times Prolific's drivers were crap. And Chinese cloned these chips and sometimes cloned chips were inferior. And Chinese used Prolific's drivers for their cloned chips. Inferior chips and crappy drivers. You can imagine. Prolific got their act together and started to improve their drivers... and blocked cloned chips while they were doing it! So if you have cloned PL2303 chip, latest dirvers from Prolific do not work and you are forced to use crappy drivers for your crappy cloned chip! This is the reason why somebody said that their device do not work on Win7 but works on Win Vista. Or works with old drivers etc etc etc.

Ah, and China... ELM327 chip made by ELM Electronics based on Canada gained also popularity. So of course it was doomed to be cloned by Chinese. They had released version 1.0 of their chip and it was cloned. After that ELM Electronics realized that they need to protect their IP and they implemented copy protection for newer versions like 1.4b which had support for all cool features and had lot's of bugs fixed etc. Poor Chinese, unable to clone never verions... Well, just label these 1.0 chips... let's say... 1.5, it's better than 1.4b! People will buy them, they won't understand! And that exactly was what happened. Old buggy cloned chips is now inside most of the ELM327 devices sold in eBay and DX! Don't know if Chinese ever were able to bypass this copy protection or did they perhaps develop their own better chips based on this v1.0, but essentially, if you are buying anything else than genuine ELM Electronics ELM327 chip, it's Russian roulette. You just do now know what you get. You may get well-working device or you may get alfunctioning device! And you ask why your device won't work 500 000 bps? :)

So, if you really want to get real deal without problems, buy device which has genuine FTDI FT232R bridge inside (AFAIK these are not cloned - at least not often, so as long as you get FTDI, youre good). And as you are doing right thing already (do you really wan't to give your money to Chinese pirates?), you may just as well grab genuine ELM Electornics ELM327 chip also. Price difference is not that much...

Of course, problem is, that how do you know if you get genuine ELM327? I really do not know. I actually asked this directly from ELM Electronics. They answered, that you just cannot know. You will have to trust the seller. So ask seller if their devices have genuine chips inside and you're done your best...

I think I will cease my rant here, I hope this information is usefull for you who are wondering how things do work and why some devices will work and some will not...

This seller specifically mentions that it comes with the FT2323RL chip which means it supports FTDI right ?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-ELM327-V1-4-Plastic-OBDII-EOBD-CANBUS-Scanner-with-FT232RL-Chip-Free-Shipping/1293626549.html

This seller specifically mentions that it comes with the FT2323RL chip which means it supports FTDI right ?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-ELM327-V1-4-Plastic-OBDII-EOBD-CANBUS-Scanner-with-FT232RL-Chip-Free-Shipping/1293626549.html

This one also based on FTDI chip. I have bought twice and both are v1.4 with FTDI on board. $10

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-ELM327-2012-OBDII-OBD2-CAN-BUS-Diagnostic-Scanner-HOT/470562881.html

Yes, FT232R(L) is FTDI's chip you are looking for. For that price, though, you are NOT going to see genuine ELM327 chip inside, but as others have had success with cloned ELM327 chips, I would not worry that too much. For that price, you won't lose much if it does not work afterall...

Though personally I would still pursue genuine ELM327 chip. Not because of clones not working, but because I do not want to support pirates who copies western designs without paying any royalties...

Yes, FT232R(L) is FTDI's chip you are looking for. For that price, though, you are NOT going to see genuine ELM327 chip inside, but as others have had success with cloned ELM327 chips, I would not worry that too much. For that price, you won't lose much if it does not work afterall...

Though personally I would still pursue genuine ELM327 chip. Not because of clones not working, but because I do not want to support pirates who copies western designs without paying any royalties...

Genuine ELM327 chip is more expencive. Just one single original chip is $23.50 and that is wholesale price. Whole device at least two times more expencive. Is there a reason to buy the same (or almost the same) for $50?

It would be better to buy ELS27 (based on STN1170 instead of ELM327) in this case. Than no need to solder switch and speed is 4 times faster

Hi mayak. I translated the GEM page will send the doc once i get home. I had some stuff i could not understand since i dont know russian

I can help you with Russian

Hi Brazh. Thanks for your offer.

The following are the current phrases I could not understand. I used Google Translate for the translation and something just did not come out understandable lol. Was gonna try them on the car one by one when the ELM cable arrives but I guess you could help me :)))

From the GEM page

0ткрывание багажника с ДЧ

0ткрывание багажника при вкл эажиегании

0ткрываь багажника двойным нажатием ДЧ

Концевики

Опция датчик цожця / света

Настройка через ВК (Запрет щаманства)

Выстрые замки (отменяет хитрые замки)

Дожиматв замки, если были открыты двери

Зацний дворник при задней передаче

Колесико регулировки прер. режи. дрворн.

Три вспышки поворотов при перестроении

Длинный импульс хлыста или хитрые замки

From the ACM page

Мгновенный расход

Кривая луцеколонка

Мгновенный расход

Индикатор открытой дверм (без ВК)

Настройка уерез ВК (запрет шаманства)

Сигнализатор заднего хода

Праворульный атво

Доп настройки для ВК

Those are my problems till now.