ovideatza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Name: Ovidiu
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2008

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Ok, I will try to use com 5,6 or other. I wanted to be sure it is working before I modify the elm.
So the ELM-FF2 only works with modification on the cable? I have read it works, but not all options.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#1142 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Ok, I will try to use com 5,6 or other. I wanted to be sure it is working before I modify the elm.
So the ELM-FF2 only works with modification on the cable? I have read it works, but not all options.

The un-modified cable will work with all three versions of the program , it's only if you want to go a little deeper and access the GEM that you need to modify the cable

#1143 Carl0s

Carl0s

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Name: Carl
  • Ford Model: Mondeo MK4
  • Year: 2006

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hey, trying to figure out how to retrofit the cruise control. Tried to enable both "Cruise controll" tics on the ELM config, but i dont get the CC light during "start up test". Now if some peeps whit working CC could check out if they get the CC light during start-up test.

#1144 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2011
  • Year: 2014

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Should be there regardless of it being activated or not in ' Self Test ' mode..........

#1145 Carl0s

Carl0s

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Should be there regardless of it being activated or not in ' Self Test ' mode..........

Got me wrong, if i do the gauge test, the CC icon lights up. But when i just turn the key to "igniton" it wount light up. What im trying to figure out, is if you have CC does the CC light come up on normal startup, or just when the CC is active.

I tried to look the wiring diagrams on Haynes, but there is no wiring diagram for CC.

Just hit me few nights ago, that on VAG, when retrofitting CC you needed to pull one new wire from the CC controll to the ECU. Caught me wondering, if its same case here? You need to install the buttons, activate it from the GEM and Cluster, and pull the "signal" wire to the ECU...

#1146 vibeone

vibeone

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5 2.0 TDCI
  • Year: 2009

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Got me wrong, if i do the gauge test, the CC icon lights up. But when i just turn the key to "igniton" it wount light up. What im trying to figure out, is if you have CC does the CC light come up on normal startup, or just when the CC is active.

I tried to look the wiring diagrams on Haynes, but there is no wiring diagram for CC.

Just hit me few nights ago, that on VAG, when retrofitting CC you needed to pull one new wire from the CC controll to the ECU. Caught me wondering, if its same case here? You need to install the buttons, activate it from the GEM and Cluster, and pull the "signal" wire to the ECU...

Hey,

I have factory standard cruise, and the light does NOT light up on power up.

#1147 Carl0s

Carl0s

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hey,

I have factory standard cruise, and the light does NOT light up on power up.

Ok, so it only lights up when the CC is active?

Hmm... I guess i need to wire up few pushbuttons, and test if the cc works by just enabling the Ticks on FF2, before buying the 4 spoke wheel...

#1148 vibeone

vibeone

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus MK2.5 2.0 TDCI

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hmm... I guess i need to wire up few pushbuttons, and test if the cc works by just enabling the Ticks on FF2, before buying the 4 spoke wheel...

Hey Carlos,

It only lights up when cruise is active and in use. Even pressing the Cruise On button doesn't make it come on. There's no 2 colour system on it - it's nothing at all, or in use and green symbol.

#1149 ovideatza

ovideatza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm back with my problems.

I tried using different COMM. Same result.
When using EasyOBDII, ScanMaster, etc..it reads the car parameters, real time.

SO:

1. Using ELMConfig
- I still get the same error
- Run-time error '8020':Error reading comm device

2. Using ELMFF2:
- I tried Russian and English versions
- same result:

Posted Image

Translated with Google into:

Open port COM1
* Reading the configuration of the module IPC (instrument panel)
> ATZ
<Error reading
! Wrong answer adapter

Posted Image

3. Using FDS:
- it connects to the vehicle
- when I press "Read VIN from car" I get errorfigu
- when I pres Read Current Configuration i get the car's configuration, like in picture
- it download's ASBuilt from web, no problem there
- when I thick something, like Radio, or VoiceControl, or Reverse warning, anything, I get: "Download the HEC data from the vehicle first".

Posted Image

I do not have other FF2 to try.
I don't know if it si something wrong with the :
- computer (maybe comm port?? Win7 64bit. )
- car (few weeks ago I used IDS and it worked ok!)
- or ELM?
I could try to change the ELM, I haven't modified it yet. But I have to decide this days, I cannot wait too long.

Any ideea?
Thanks.

#1150 ovideatza

ovideatza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Look's like my problem was the drivers. So keep trying if you have similar problems, change drivers untill it works. After installing different drivers it worked. Now i will modify ELM.

#1151 JW1982

JW1982

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Name: Wilco
  • Ford Model: Focus MK3 Champions Edition
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

The CC light only lights up when the CC is activated. When the ignition switch is turned to the ON position the CC light does not light up.

Only wiring up push buttons will not work. All 5 of the original CC buttons are connected to the GEM module/fuse box by only 2 wires. Hereby every button has a different resistance. If you want to connect push buttons you also have to use resistors of the right resistance for every button.

#1152 Richiemac

Richiemac

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Name: Richard
  • Ford Model: Focus 2014 1.6 tdci + S max 2011
  • Year: 2014

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Buy the wheel.........if it doesn't work you'll sell it no problem anyway.

#1153 ovideatza

ovideatza

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

I have modified the ELM, everything works great, first saved all the initial configuration files.

1) If I got it right, for ECO Shift UP/ ECO Mode I need upgrading the ROM to 0509? No change for me untill now, my HEC is 04xx version
2) And what are the Focus RS info? I thicked that box, but I do not notice any change.
3) And I want to disable the sound when outside temperature is under 4 °C (39.2 °F), it drive's me crazy when the temperature is just that level with slight increase/decrease, it rings again and again...so I must untick from ELMconfig " HEC Page 3 Low outside air temperature"
4) Voice Control in HEC Page 1 - what it does? Because I allready have voice control over bluetooth module, and default setting is unticked.
5) in FDS i have noticed that under HEC you get the transponder keys. I have 2 keys, shown there. Could I use this feature to programm a new key to a car? I don't know if when I buy a new key I get the transponder code also in written.

#1154 Memorex

Memorex

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name: Jan
  • Ford Model: MK2 Facelift 2009 1.6 TDCI

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hello!

Sorry for my bad english.

I need some help. I build the interface like the first page of this topic. Then i have to code the interface, right? There is the problem. I can code the first "atpp2asv38". Then come the ">K". But all the other commands dosen't geht a ">K". What did i wrong?

Thank you for your help!

#1155 OrlandoOrtiz

OrlandoOrtiz

• Members via FB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus GLX 2.0 AT 2009/2009

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Has anyone tried to retrofit a MK2.5 Focus RS instrument cluster w/ larger LCD into their MK2.5 Focus or ST?
I've read somewhere that a Focus RS cluster doesn't have PATS (since it's a keyless car), so it won't work on the regular MK2.5 or ST if they have a normal PATS key. Can this be overcome using this software?

Also, I've read mixed opinions/information regarding cruise control: my car has everything needed for it to work, so I ask -- can you enable the correct options to make it work using the modified ELM cable or not?

Cheers!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users