Show
Photo

Focus Zetec S Rear Skirt Colour Of Centre Section?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,963 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Stoney, where's my Ocean Blue paint code?

Search me.
I'm just quoting from a post I did before and the list was from a member of another club I'm with.
Tcchh, can't please everyone I suppose. :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D
  • Year: 2008

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

ha ha i'm only joking Stoney. i normally go to my local paint place as they supply trade and leave it to them to make the right blend and find the code for me!

#18 alkyz89

alkyz89

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Name: Aaron
  • Ford Model: focus zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

hey lenny i will take some pics in a day or so for you.... what i did notice is the diffuser on the silver cars is a dark grey, but the diffuser on the sea grey, blue or black zs is a lighter grey. Hense why i got a silver car as i think the diffuser on the black cars looks cheap and plasticy (personal opinion) lol
i bet you cant wait for the body kit to go on...

#19 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Lenny

I think it would be best to let the proffesionals paint both sections as using the spray paint will have a different effect to the spay gun.
Maybe you could just take one can, just so they know what colour you want. Just an idea :)
If you need any pics of the bumper mountings I am willing to help out.

Sal

No probs mate, I am glad I could help

Alkyz89

As far as I know the diffusers are all the same colour, it's just when the car colour is lighter ( white or silver) than diffuser this gives the effect that the diffuser is darker than on a coloured car.

#20 jgriff

jgriff

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 zetec

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

@salsheikh
whatever you do, do not buy anything off that buyer from Poland. It may look good but is anything but. I got caught like that and bought side skirts and had them a few months before got round to fitting them and they were nothing but rubbish. The fella in bodyshop said you could spend two days tryin to get them to fit and still wouldn't look right. If Im honest save up for a good set as it'll be worth it. I've still got them at home and can't get rid of them

#21 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

@salsheikh
whatever you do, do not buy anything off that buyer from Poland. It may look good but is anything but. I got caught like that and bought side skirts and had them a few months before got round to fitting them and they were nothing but rubbish. The fella in bodyshop said you could spend two days tryin to get them to fit and still wouldn't look right. If Im honest save up for a good set as it'll be worth it. I've still got them at home and can't get rid of them

John, are the ebay sellers carlovingcriminals? if it is then thanks for the heads up.
i will keep an eye out for the genuine ford ones from now on.

Haz, can you post pics of the mounting points from underneath the bumper - i wanna see how the diffuser attaches to the bumper and car.

#22 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

John, are the ebay sellers carlovingcriminals? if it is then thanks for the heads up.
i will keep an eye out for the genuine ford ones from now on.

Haz, can you post pics of the mounting points from underneath the bumper - i wanna see how the diffuser attaches to the bumper and car.

Hi Mate,
Carlovingcriminals are one of the sellers selling the dodgy body kit,
i bought my body kit from Valeautosfordparts all genuine ford parts.
http://myworld.ebay....eautosfordparts

also here is some genuine ford front and rear skirts, second hand condition
http://www.ebay.co.u....._fvi=1&_rdc=1

http://www.ebay.co.u....._fvi=1&_rdc=1

Lenny

I think it would be best to let the professionals paint both sections as using the spray paint will have a different effect to the spay gun.
Maybe you could just take one can, just so they know what colour you want. Just an idea :)
If you need any pics of the bumper mountings I am willing to help out.

Sal

No probs mate, I am glad I could help

Alkyz89

As far as I know the diffusers are all the same colour, it's just when the car colour is lighter ( white or silver) than diffuser this gives the effect that the diffuser is darker than on a coloured car.

Thanks mate,
ill purchase one can of sea grey in hallfords and ask the body shop to match it.

hey lenny i will take some pics in a day or so for you.... what i did notice is the diffuser on the silver cars is a dark grey, but the diffuser on the sea grey, blue or black zs is a lighter grey. Hense why i got a silver car as i think the diffuser on the black cars looks cheap and plasticy (personal opinion) lol
i bet you cant wait for the body kit to go on...

Hi mate,
some more pictures would be brilliant, and yes im looking foward to getting the bits fitted on next month.
going to get the front lip and rear skirt done next month, then the side skirts the month after that.

if you dont have the time to upload them and link them to the forum after you have taken them,
you can just email them to me and i will upload them to the thread for others mate,
and if anyone would like a copy of the fitting instructions from ford i can photocopy mine and post them to you on request, just email me on the address found in the PDF versions of my guides listed below my posts.

Search me.
I'm just quoting from a post I did before and the list was from a member of another club I'm with.
Tcchh, can't please everyone I suppose. :(

Thanks for the list of paint codes mate, apprecieate the time taken to gather them for us B)

#23 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the links Lenny, all i need for the complete set is the side skirts. will keep an eye out at breakers/ebay etc.

I was thinking if a splitter could be attached to the front skirt? What do you think fella's?

#24 jgriff

jgriff

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 zetec

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Yea that's them mate, stay well clear

#25 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the links Lenny, all i need for the complete set is the side skirts. will keep an eye out at breakers/ebay etc.

I was thinking if a splitter could be attached to the front skirt? What do you think fella's?

A splitter in carbon wrap or Gloss black would liik sweeeet ;)
but if you plan to lower it on 32mm eibahs and fit some 18'' ST alloys with low profile tyres,
then perhaps the lip wouldnt be a good idea mate, i had planned to lower mine on 18'' ST alloys untill i saw this guys focus.

Posted Image

#26 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

Yea that's them mate, stay well clear

Thanks for the clarification mate,

#27 Haz93

Haz93

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Name: Harrison
  • Ford Model: KA Mk2 + Audi A5 Cabriolet
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

Sal

I will get some pics up tomorrow afternoon. I will take some for front and back and sides just incase anyone finds them useful :)

Lenny

I think that's the best thing to do, I'm sure they will be able to get the colours sorted out :)

#28 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Lenny
I think that's the best thing to do, I'm sure they will be able to get the colours sorted out :)

cheers mate,
would be cheaper on me too because halfords are 12euro per can of the stuff, and then id still have to pay labour costs for spraying that section in the body shop :lol:

so 12euro for one can is enough and just pay the body shop for the labour and paint would be cheaper than buying 4 or 5 cans plus labour costs

#29 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,963 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

For colour inspirations take a look at the back end of a Kuga as they have contrasting skirt colours too.

#30 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,499 posts
Contributor

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

For colour inspirations take a look at the back end of a Kuga as they have contrasting skirt colours too.

thanks mate,
the colour the have chosen for the diffuser on the kuga looks good in the darker models but it seems to be brighter than the moondust silver on this model looks like alluminium,
but it goes good with the moondust silver on the kuga it because of the black bumper either side, and i like the duplex exhaust peaking through like hard nipples on a wet T-Shirt ^_^ .... :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users