Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 08 Focus Zetec

superpipstar

Hi all first post!

So for christmas no one bought me anything good so i bought my self a prezzy!! (and iv been saving for ages!)

focus_zpsaa83806d.jpg

iv bought to mod

ST boot spoiler

ST side skirts

Zetec s rear bumper skirt valence thingy!

ST wheels!!

When i get it all painted im also going to get the bonnet trim thats chrome painted and fog light surrounds, :-)

Feel free to comment!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• superpipstar

• Andy H Dibley

• Lenny

• Brigante

Hi nice car another few mod ideas you could tackle are gel overlays changing interior lighting/add footwells if you don't have already and also if you feel like parting with a fair bit of cash and mental ability then xenon lights for the front (converted to be same as an st) and led rear lights then your car will look the biz

Hi all first post!

So for christmas no one bought me anything good so i bought my self a prezzy!! (and iv been saving for ages!)

focus_zpsaa83806d.jpg

iv bought to mod

ST boot spoiler

ST side skirts

ST rear bumper skirt valence thingy!

ST wheels!!

When i get it all painted im also going to get the bonnet trim thats chrome painted and fog light surrounds, :-)

Feel free to comment!

Welcome to the forum,

I remember mine used to look much the same as that when i started the forum.

You may like to check out Dmb graphics for some badge overlays to fit over your existing blue ford badges: http://www.dmb.uk.co...es-gel-overlays

You may also like to browse my list guides all linked below this post, most of the guides are available in PDF format to download and print aswell as viewing online.

Hello!

Welcome along, don't tell the others but '08 is definitely the best year ;-)

Care to share any links on where you got the body kit parts from?

Thanks for the replys lads!

Lenny with all them guides did you actually design and build the focus at ford?? lol :-) (only joking!) if my car turns out like yours i will be very happy!!

i got my parts from eBay no where special !

Iv got another project on the go but its not a ford so i dont know if anyone will be interested in it! may post some photos.

Knock yourself out on the other project, it might end up in the general chat section best though.

I myself have another project, it's a 1991 Chevrolet Camaro, bit of a thirsty bugger, but having it as a second car doesn't make it so bad!

Thanks for the replys lads!

Lenny with all them guides did you actually design and build the focus at ford?? lol :-) (only joking!) if my car turns out like yours i will be very happy!!

i got my parts from ebay no where special !

Iv got another project on the go but its not a ford so i dont know if anyone will be interested in it! may post some photos.

lol i wish i had done mate,

I would have fitted automated boot lift and puddle lights in the doors, had i designed it because these are proving difficult to achieve.

Thanks very much for the kind comments and i love your headlights with the chrome side leaf section inside they look like ST Xenon. And before you purchase somthing for the bumpers. An ST replica is cheaper to create than a ZetecS by over 200pounds if buying all parts from ford.

An ST front bumper is around 90pounds cheaper than a zetecS front lip.

We welcome all types of build and hobby mate,

When you get a moment feel free to start a thread in the General side of the forum and tell us a bit about it.

I myself have another project, it's a 1991 Chevrolet Camaro, bit of a thirsty bugger, but having it as a second car doesn't make it so bad!

Id love to see some pictures of that in a topic on the General chat too mate.

Welcome to the forum mate. You should fit on roof rails if you get a chance. They really improve the look of focuses. Your car will be looking decent in no time! ^_^

lol i wish i had done mate,

I would have fitted automated boot lift and puddle lights in the doors, had i designed it because these are proving difficult to achieve.

Thanks very much for the kind comments and i love your headlights with the chrome side leaf section inside they look like ST Xenon. And before you purchase somthing for the bumpers. An ST replica is cheaper to create than a ZetecS by over 200pounds if buying all parts from ford.

An ST front bumper is around 90pounds cheaper than a zetecS front lip.

We welcome all types of build and hobby mate,

When you get a moment feel free to start a thread in the General side of the forum and tell us a bit about it.

I dunno if im going to have a replica but just something that looks better!! :-)

i recived in the post today my boot spoiler. It had been packed really well but when i opened it, it was snapped in HALF!!! :o

thanks parcel force!

i will put some pics up in a min.

So here it is!

Bit of superglue :blink:

Also im not going to start a topic on my other project but here is a pic of it let me know what you think!!

bootst_zps7c6ca6f5.jpg

aamini012.jpg

its not even running yet and its taken me 4 years!!!!!!!!!!! i need to finish it this year! well thats my goal :)

Holy cow! That spoiler is knackered! Is that an insurance job or are you returning it to the sender?

Love the other project, I'm guessing thats a v-tec in the front? Had a friend with one of those slotted into a clubman. He took me for a spin in it. Never again. The most awesome and scariest car experiences I've ever had!

Yep defo knackered! its proberly going to be an insurance job!! hassle or what!

Yer its a vtec. i have never been in one finished but hopefully i will this year, if i finish it!

lovin the focus dude, and a nice list of suttle mods to go with it.... and WOW wat a mini lol, deffo a little pocket rocket..... are you trying to keep it as a sleeper?

That's not a mini, its a go kart on steroids.

Pity about the spoiler.

Post service is a pain to get insurance out of, they make you jump through so many hoops you get fed up and quit.

So here it is!

Bit of superglue :blink:

Also im not going to start a topic on my other project but here is a pic of it let me know what you think!!

aamini012.jpg

That is one serious mini,

Nice 4-2-1 exhaust system too, id love that on my focus but ive got a DPF preventing this.

Id happily swap my focus for that mini though lol.

Awful shame about the spoiler mate,

You could bond it with tiger seal and bolt it straight on to the car to maintain correct shape before glue sets.

Then sand it smooth, add filler etc.

But if insurance pay out,

You could buy new from ford for around 140 pounds in primer, and the mk2.5 has a clear spoiler brake light.

Id repair that one, prime it and sell her onwards.

Looking at the work done on the mini, i reckon you will make a fantastic job of the spoiler repair.

Thanks for the comments guys

i was trying to keep it sort of a sleeper. i had mini light wheels on it but when i put hi spec brakes on it the wheels would not fit!! :wacko: so i bought compomotive 14" not really happy with them but they only just sqeeze on!!

im trying to claim my money back but if i get it or not! different story. iv bought a new one already because i cant wait! :)

whats DPF lenny??? sorry if thats a stupid question

i recon i could fix it but iv never got any time with 2 kids and me and the misses working full time! thats why my mini has taken so long!!

Given the nature of this thread, and its deviation away from an introduction, going to move it to the Focus club. It should fit in nicely there :)

Thanks for the comments guys

i was trying to keep it sort of a sleeper. i had mini light wheels on it but when i put hi spec brakes on it the wheels would not fit!! :wacko: so i bought compomotive 14" not really happy with them but they only just sqeeze on!!

im trying to claim my money back but if i get it or not! different story. iv bought a new one already because i cant wait! :)

whats DPF lenny??? sorry if thats a stupid question

i recon i could fix it but iv never got any time with 2 kids and me and the misses working full time! thats why my mini has taken so long!!

Same position myself missus and two kids mate,

Dont throw it in the bin anyways mate, if selling it PM me first, i know a fella in birmingham who would like to repair it.

DPF is one of those things that causes a crack of thunder when mentioned.

Its a Diesel particulate filter.

It fits below the manifold on all diesel engines since 2008

Internals like a honycombe filter that catches all the carbon.

Newer ones are ceramic and burn the suit and carbon without fluid.

But older versions use eloys fluid to ignite the carbon and clear the filter every time the sensors go out of sync.

Lowers emissions and results in cheaper tax but raised back pressure.

Given the nature of this thread, and its deviation away from an introduction, going to move it to the Focus club. It should fit in nicely there :)

Ideal!!

Same position myself missus and two kids mate,

Dont throw it in the bin anyways mate, if selling it PM me first, i know a fella in birmingham who would like to repair it.

DPF is one of those things that causes a crack of thunder when mentioned.

Its a Diesel particulate filter.

It fits below the manifold on all diesel engines since 2008

Internals like a honycombe filter that catches all the carbon.

Newer ones are ceramic and burn the suit and carbon without fluid.

But older versions use eloys fluid to ignite the carbon and clear the filter every time the sensors go out of sync.

Lowers emissions and results in cheaper tax but raised back pressure.

oh right im with you now lol :)

New stuff arrived today! do you think there is much interest in my old alloys???

pip_zps640c9cad.jpg

pip4_zpse9048a7b.jpg

When I get my new wheels, I'll be keeping the old ones, at some point I'll fit snow tyres on them. Plus its always handy to have a second set of alloys.

Was the spoiler that snapped an ST one?