Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Upgrades

Hassen

Forgot to say they are called Fox Racing MS007. Only recently released apparently and quite affordable for what you get.

• Like 1

Forgot to say they are called Fox Racing MS007. Only recently released apparently and quite affordable for what you get.

They would look great on the focus mate,

Don't forget spigot rings for the centres but they should come with,

And these alloys may be lighter than your existing alloys which would equal MRE power and economy

So tempting...so very tempting!

I think it looks way more expensive than it actually is. I have seen other makes with similar models and they looks amazing on BMWs online. Plus, I don't think I have seen a Focus with them here. Most of the online retailers have a package with the spiggot rings and some with even the nuts required. Might as well start saving now for next year :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys, my rubber pedals are a bit worn out and thinking of getting a set of new pedals.

Any recommendations of which ones to go for and where to get them?

Thanks

• Like 1

Guys, my rubber pedals are a bit worn out and thinking of getting a set of new pedals.

Any recommendations of which ones to go for and where to get them?

Thanks

I've had these in my watch list since 2011 lol

There at a good price now for genuine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160789108218?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Very tempting but I think it's a bit out of my budget. Anything else that would be recommended? Doesn't matter if it's genuine or aftermarket.

Very tempting but I think it's a bit out of my budget. Anything else that would be recommended? Doesn't matter if it's genuine or aftermarket.

These

. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1022226119/2005_2012_2012_Ford_Focus_RS.html

Or there's always kitchen foil lol

Saw that one and worried about the accelerator pedal having poor grip with no rubber bits on it.

Thinking of the Sparco Reflex pedals. Anyone has them in their car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sparco-Reflex-covers-CHEAP-DELIVERY-WORLDWIDE-uniwersal-covers-Race-Rally-/271102112145?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1ef1f191

I have the Chinese pedal covers and have never had my foot slip since fitting them.

You need your foot to be able to slide around a bit in order to allow smooth acceleration.

You won't regret fitting them, they look great and work very well.

Hi

They are Noisy and prevent the windows closing properly

Jamie

Hi

They are Noisy and prevent the windows closing properly

Jamie

If you are referring to the Climaire window deflectors - I have a full set fitted on my Focus and they do not make a noise nor do they prevent the windows closing?

Thoroughly recommend them.

Regards

John

Mine are genuine climairs and they are noisy and they do prevent the windows closing properly because of the thickness of the plastic

Jamie

Never had any noise problems with mine and after a week or so of bedding in they don't cause any window problems for me.
While bedding in a shot of WD40 in the runners works wonders.
Window vents do seem to be a marmite thing though.

• Like 1

Never had any noise problems with mine and after a week or so of bedding in they don't cause any window problems for me.

While bedding in a shot of WD40 in the runners works wonders.

Window vents do seem to be a marmite thing though.

+1

Regards

John

I have the Chinese pedal covers and have never had my foot slip since fitting them.

You need your foot to be able to slide around a bit in order to allow smooth acceleration.

You won't regret fitting them, they look great and work very well.

It sounds more and more probable that I will just get that one. It will take about 2 weeks to be delivered but there is no rush. Kinda ruled out the Sparco ones as it involves drilling into the pedal and more pricey.

Any other options out there?

Regarding the pedal covers, you can actually get them from uk sellers as well so there wont be a 2 week wait. Think i was one of the first to get them

You can also get them in the style of the new mk3 st pedals

Love those wheels you were looking at, they're like a BBS CH replica, and I have to say when I was changing the old aftermarket alloys that were on my car when I bought it, I was between these style wheels or ST ones. Just happened that a bargain ST set came up first.

There's a Focus that I've seen many times up round home, that really light bright blue colour, and I'm pretty sure he has them fitted in 18s. I don't know the owner but I've seen the car parked in the same spot a load of times now, so I might leave him a note some day to see if he fancies a swap, cos I love 'em! Will try get a pic next time I see it sure. I must say, I'm an 18s man myself, but I know what you mean about being able to swap over your current 17 tyres and that, and 17s still look well on the Focus.

As for the pedals, I have these bad boys (link below and pic of 'em fitted in my car) and I love them. Like Clive says, no issues with slipping and I think they're a massive visual improvement from standard. Dead easy to fit too as like yourself I wasn't overly keen on drilling holes!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Refitting-Non-skid-Pedals-Pad-Cover-Set-Fit-05-10-M-T-Ford-Focus-RS-S-/221284226092?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338591542c

post-30295-0-34441900-1379589340_thumb.j

I ordered them from China and was happy to wait the postage time, but as Charlie says, they're available from UK sellers now too for an extra couple of quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Foot-Pedal-Cover-Kit-Clutch-Brake-Accelerator-Cover-For-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-AJ03-/321098123669?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac2f08995

And I think these are the newer style, are they?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foot-Pedal-Cover-Kit-Clutch-Brake-Accelerator-Cover-For-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-3-AJ14-/221207264409?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3380fafc99

Regarding the pedal covers, you can actually get them from uk sellers as well so there wont be a 2 week wait. Think i was one of the first to get them

You can also get them in the style of the new mk3 st pedals

Uk sellers are asking £10 for posting it to Ireland which I find ridiculous for a small item that doesn't weigh that much. As a result, Chinese seller who is posting it for free is winning so far :)

Love those wheels you were looking at, they're like a BBS CH replica, and I have to say when I was changing the old aftermarket alloys that were on my car when I bought it, I was between these style wheels or ST ones. Just happened that a bargain ST set came up first.

There's a Focus that I've seen many times up round home, that really light bright blue colour, and I'm pretty sure he has them fitted in 18s. I don't know the owner but I've seen the car parked in the same spot a load of times now, so I might leave him a note some day to see if he fancies a swap, cos I love 'em! Will try get a pic next time I see it sure. I must say, I'm an 18s man myself, but I know what you mean about being able to swap over your current 17 tyres and that, and 17s still look well on the Focus.

As for the pedals, I have these bad boys (link below and pic of 'em fitted in my car) and I love them. Like Clive says, no issues with slipping and I think they're a massive visual improvement from standard. Dead easy to fit too as like yourself I wasn't overly keen on drilling holes!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Refitting-Non-skid-Pedals-Pad-Cover-Set-Fit-05-10-M-T-Ford-Focus-RS-S-/221284226092?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338591542c

attachicon.gifIMG_0300_small.JPG

I ordered them from China and was happy to wait the postage time, but as Charlie says, they're available from UK sellers now too for an extra couple of quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Foot-Pedal-Cover-Kit-Clutch-Brake-Accelerator-Cover-For-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-AJ03-/321098123669?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac2f08995

And I think these are the newer style, are they?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foot-Pedal-Cover-Kit-Clutch-Brake-Accelerator-Cover-For-FORD-FOCUS-MK2-3-AJ14-/221207264409?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3380fafc99

I really...and I must stress, really like these wheels. Starting to save now for a few bits and bobs for the car and this is one on the list. Found a place here in Ireland that you can trade in your alloys for a new set. And they have the Fox MS007! I keep checking their website to see if the price drops anytime soon. Might have to go in next time I am in Dublin to check it out in person ;)

As for the bright blue colour, I know which one you talking about and it very striking. You should definitely leave a note. I mean, worse thing could be he ignores it or says no.

Just ordered the pedals and will just wait patiently for it to arrive. No rush as the current ones are not that bad at the moment.

This is the one I got in the end. Looking forward to getting them fitted.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330845435990

Found a place here in Ireland that you can trade in your alloys for a new set. And they have the Fox MS007! I keep checking their website to see if the price drops anytime soon. Might have to go in next time I am in Dublin to check it out in person ;)

You got a link for this crowd's website bud? Wonder what sort of trade in value they'd put on my genuine STs.

The blue Focus aye, I have 'Aquarius' in my head for some reason. Standard kit pre-facelift Mk2, but they've colour coded all the black/grey plastics and have a crackin set of wheels, looks really well. Always been parked outside a shop when I seen it so might even belong to someone who works in there. Would even like to find out where they got them and how much!

You'll love the pedals upgrade when they arrive, great 'value for money' mod.

You got a link for this crowd's website bud? Wonder what sort of trade in value they'd put on my genuine STs.

The blue Focus aye, I have 'Aquarius' in my head for some reason. Standard kit pre-facelift Mk2, but they've colour coded all the black/grey plastics and have a crackin set of wheels, looks really well. Always been parked outside a shop when I seen it so might even belong to someone who works in there. Would even like to find out where they got them and how much!

You'll love the pedals upgrade when they arrive, great 'value for money' mod.

This is the place I was talking about:

http://www.route66dublin.ie/

That colour Aquarius is very cool. I saw a nice Focus with white wheels and that colour. It did look pretty cool and different.

The colour coding makes a world of difference. I colour coded the bumpers off my old Megane and it made the whole car look much more 'together' if that makes sense. At the moment, I was thinking of painting the front bonnet lip to match the Panther Black colour of the car. I don't particularly like the chrome on that bonnet lip.Also, the fog light surrounds would be nice, but since the car is black and they are dark grey at the moment, I don't think it will make a major difference.

Btw, I also would prefer having 18's on but here the roads are not the best in the midlands and I do a lot of miles. Those Fox alloys in 18's would look amazing with a lowered stance!

I have the Heko window deflectors , and there is no noise from them and the window close's fine.

Cheers for the link bud, had a quick look but didn't see anything about trade-ins so might just drop them an e-mail about that.

Haven't seen that Focus yet! The road I was taking for a few weeks there was a detour road but my normal route has re-opened now so I never be round that part of town, but might go on a few reccy missions to see if I can spot it.

I'd def get that chrome lip colour coded ya know...would you give it a stab yourself? There are guides on here I think for removing/refitting it, or wrapping it would be a cheap option as well in some vinyl...carbon or matte black might suit well? You might be surprised at the difference it makes, same for the surrounds and grilles but I know what you're saying about maybe not seeing much difference with the car being black already. I'm in the process of doing my surrounds gloss black...did the rears last wknd and hope to do front surrounds and grilles this weekend. Check out my build thread linked in sig below if you're interested!

Know what you mean about the midlands' roads too! I do pretty big miles myself, and have a trip to Connemara next week which I'll go down through Sligo and stay west, but to be honest any time I have to go near the midlands nowadays, even though I'm comin from the northwest, I tend to go cross-country and down the M1, then cut back across the M4. Far more miles but similar if not less time as the roads are so much better! Had to do Monaghan, Cavan, Longford Athlone, Galway quite a few times last year for work, then back up through Roscommon, Longford, Cavan Enniskillen and home, and the roads really are poor up the middle!

Wow, I thought I was doing a lot of miles here lol. That's way more than I would be doing and you are dead right to take the motorways rather than the other roads. Longer by distance but shorter on time. Plus, it's much better roads as well.

Let me know if you hear anything back from Route 66 even though I think that at the moment, my alloys will stay as they are.

I got a quick question for everyone out there. Do you think that not having the original 17" Ford alloys and having a set of aftermarket ones on the car would depreciate it when I do decide to trade up/sell the car?

As for the colour coding, I found out that I have some left over carbon vinyl wrap at home. I will look into that but would most probably end up painting the chrome bonnet lip. I really dislike it and the more I see it, the worse it gets lol