Fiesta Mk 7 MPG
Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:26 PM
Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:11 AM
My previous car, 2008 Mondeo 1.8 diesel returned only around 42mpg over a 4 year period, my petrol zetec s is still running at 37 which I think is pretty good, I know it is a smaller lighter vehicle but I definately drive it much harder than the diesel. I think the only real difference with diesel is if you do a lot of motorway cruising.
Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:39 AM
Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:47 PM
Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:10 AM
Depends on how you drive.
I tried out driving differently to see the distance I get..
For £10, driving normal (shifting gear at 2k revs) I can get about 50 - 60 miles sometimes a bit more.
Reving up and red lining (reving 1st, I can get to 30, then 2nd can get up to 70-80 I havent attempted redlining 3rd or 4th)
can eat up the petrol in no time at all.
Fair to say, I try drive in 4th gear as often as possible,5th for motorways.
Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:41 PM
The missus has just passed 1150m in her Ecoboost (100PS).
We reset the trip at 1000 and pre 1K it was averaging 37.8mpg, now its showing 41mpg avg. Not as good as the documentation would suggest but its heading in the right direction.
Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:05 PM
I get 55mpg out of my diesel 1.6 but I do have the roof rack fitted, Im sure I could get a few more if I drove better
Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:38 PM
Hi Did 257miles yesterday most of it motorway 2 long trips some town, bit of hills in Derbyshire filled up(ESSO) before I left reset all on board com.
On board says 54.1 miles per gal: so filled up 19Lts ESSO about 4,25 gal did a bit of maths looks like it did about 60 mpg.
Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:46 PM
my 1.0 125 ecoboost has just ticked over 500 miles and is showing an average of 40 mpg and that is 95% town driving with the other 5% on A roads.
Will be taking it on a longish run this weekend and will report back with the mpg over the trip
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users