Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New gas used in Ford Air Con.

Alfie G

I have just bought a 2017 focus ST. The RAC did a inspection and said the air con was not cold enough.

I booked the car into the local Ford garage for a aircon refill and service, price quoted £69.99.

When i picked the car up they said they couldnt do a refill as they would need the new gas (not available on a Sat).

The price they said for this would be £299.99, because of the new gas!!I thought that cant be right, so i phoned another Ford dealership, price quoted  £249.99.

Unbelievable.The gas should have lasted at least 3years, so i have booked the car in under a warrenty inspection.

I think @alexp999 is suffering from the same issue with his air con. I find it odd to why they'd use different gas. 

40 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I think @alexp999 is suffering from the same issue with his air con. I find it odd to why they'd use different gas. 

Different gas due to existing gas when it leaks out is damaging the ozone more than co2. The newer gas r1234yf is more ozone friendly(1430 times more friendly) . But boy it's expensive. Alot of dealers are holding back buying the equipment and gas. But as it's in nearly  all new vehicles now , there going to have to now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no AC at all on my new Fiesta. The supplying dealer doesn't have their new gas/equipment yet and nor does my local dealer who I normally use for servicing.

Nearest dealer who has it can't see me for over 10 days or 3 weeks if I want a loan car whilst it's in for investigation.

I'm probably just going to wait for the supplying dealer to get theirs. It's due with them this week, but then apparently they're not allowed to use it until they've had some training on it, so would still be next week before they can do it.

Just typical it's during the heatwave!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club