Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade maps to 2017 F7 & F8 versions

KugaEdge

@KugaEdge, Stick1.zip looks a bit empty ! or at least lacking in the tar.gz file. Is that just the Map License file (JR3T-14G424-BC_110777.tar.gz)? and Stick2.zip contains the voice file (JR3T-14G422-BC.tar.gz). I think you've missed the map file (JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz) somewhere!!

I downloaded Map F7 from another site a while back and the Map USB stick had ...

JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz and JR3T-14G424-BC_110777.tar.gz in the SyncMyRide folder and the autoinstall.lst file contained ...

; Gen 3 - Assembly Update - 3.0.18010 Maps EU F7 Q1 

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
Item1 = License MAPS EU (3.0.18010)
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G424-BC_110777.tar.gz
Item2 = Maps EU F7.1 (3.0.18010)
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,AutoInstall

The Voice Pack Stick had ...

JR3T-14G422-BC.tar.gz in the SyncMyRide folder and the autoinstall.lst file contained ...

; Gen 3 - Assembly Update - 3.0.18010 Maps EU F7 Q1 

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
Item1 = NAV LangPack 3.0
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G422-BC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,AutoInstall

So not sure how/why you've split them up! I would have expected the license to get installed the same time as the maps (as in the setup above) so there isn't a map/license mismatch. or have you got a 3rd stick image for the voice?

NOTE You can download all the update tar.gz files from the Ford File Servers ...

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/JR3T-14G424-BC_110777.tar.gz

http://ivsu.binaries.ford.com/swparts/JR3T-14G422-BC.tar.gz

• Thanks 1

@KugaEdge ... Update, this may be an issue with OneDrive as any attempt to download Stick1.zip gives the error ...

CorrelationId: 6e51dec9-55ad-4195-93a1-4a723ba2fb8c
UTC DateTime: 28/07/2018 11:42:07

The following files/folders have not been downloaded
1. Stick1/SyncMyRide/JR3T-14G421-BC.tar.gz
2. Stick1/DONTINDX.MSA

Stick2.zip downloads OK. Maybe its a file size issue???!!

Absolutely right Simonb65 something has gone wrong, either one drive won't allow a download of such a large file or it hasn't uploaded properly. Please don't download from the links until I have fixed it.

I wanted to put everything in two easy to download folders so that others didn't have to worry about what went where. Hopefully that will still be achievable.

1 hour ago, KugaEdge said:

I wanted to put everything in two easy to download folders so that others didn't have to worry about what went where. Hopefully that will still be achievable.

Totally agree. If a fix can be found, your method will be great for the wider forum audience.

I'm just waiting for the torrential rain to stop before I can get out there and update mine 😲

Right, so Microsoft don't like you sharing files of over 10Gb so I've had to split into two locations.

Go here first for the instructions and files for your first USB stick (it's a Google Drive location)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UlkJ_InwZWUPpiJfjHxkF3TuXza6NzIo

And here second for the files  for your second USB stick (it's a One Drive location)

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgVBLAIAGjn6jJ9BUsRwwPRBdtn16g

Hope this works now for everyone.

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry folks but Microsoft have also implemented a download limit on shared files per day which really isn't helpful . If you see the message about not being able to get into the One Drive folder you might have to come back the following day. In the meantime I'll look to see if I can move it all to Google Drive.

Hi guys

It has taken me several attempts to download these files and I now think I have them all however, every time I download Stick 2 from onedrive I find a file called download errors.txt which states:

"Sorry, there was a problem downloading some files from OneDrive. Please try again.

DONTINDX.MSA - https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=fa391a00022c4105&id=FA391A00022C4105!200653&action=Download&authKey=!AFLEcMD0QXbZ9eo"

Any idea if this is significant?

Rgds

Jim

Jim, sorry I don't know, but if in any doubt I wouldn't use it. DONTINDX.MSA is just a blank file. You could  copy the one from stick one to stick two, they are identical.

Thanks. Will give it a go in a day or 2.

Jim

I did the update last Sunday using the files from the Ford Servers and creating the install file from the information above. The Map update to F7 worked fine but the Language Pack was detected but didn't install.

Further investigation found that i have build 19093 which appears to be later than the build info in the language pack file.

It all seems to work fine for now..............................................

H

Hamster, you don't actually need any of the build info in the autoinstall.lst. If you take my autoinstall from the stick2 folder (which is the  OneDrive one) you'll see how the file looks without version  numbers and the ALL parameter instead i.e. so it doesn't check. Might just work for your language  pack.

Nice job KugaEdge. Worked fine.

_All??

I should have thought of thought of that myself.

H

Yes Hamster _ALL as far as I know this basically says install even if the version numbers are mismatched. Glad it worked for you.

Guys

Managed to carry out the update today with no issues.  Thanks for finding this.

Jim

Glad it worked ok for you Jim

All done here, took about an hour to do, took forever to get the files though and had to manually move one of them as it downloads one of the gz files seperate. 

Is there any technical skill involved in getting these files ?  I can operate a computer but not sure how to alter files. I’ll have a go at upgrading when I get home from Croatia next week. 

Ian

Assuming you've already upgraded Sync to v3 from the Ford website first.

That's the whole reason why I wanted to do it this way (which has proven difficult). If you have two USB Sticks you can simply download the content of each of my links to each stick and you are good to go. You don't have to open or edit any of the files. Go into the first link and read the instructions first, then open the stick1 folder from the first link and copy everything to the top level of stick 1. Do the same for the second  link and stick 2. Then you are good to go.

If you really aren't confident to do it, message me and I'll  send you my postal address, send me 2 sticks and a return envelope and I'll return them  with everything on them in the right place. Same offer open to anyone else struggling to download the files or unsure of how.

Thanks Alistair. If it’s just sticking files as they are onto USB sticks that’s not an issue. The way I read some of the comments suggested some files had to be altered. I am running the latest sync software from Ford.  I’ll post once I’ve done it but it won’t be til next weekend probably, if I can get access to the files. The download limit had been exceeded the last time I tried. 

I used the links on here but the first stick doesn’t download in one zip, it downloads a zip file with the correct bits but one of the .gz files comes down separately. I had to move it into the folder on the usb stick. Not sure why it does that as the zip without that file in was 11k which is what threw me.

All done, maps updated from EU 4 15 to F7, btw, if you want to test the integrity of the tar.gz files on your USB drives, install 7-Zip (PC Only, https://www.7-zip.org), right click each file within the SyncMyRide folder and select “Test Archive”, if any errors are encountered use a different drive and do not proceed with your current one as it may have issues. In fact, it is a good idea to test your downloaded tar.gz files first, then again when copied to your USB drive.1931653175_testarchive.jpg.ae018a0578f5113f425f37eed2a611e5.jpg

test ok.jpg

• Like 1

Just done the first stick and it comes up with software already up to date . Sync is version 3, I havn't tried stick 2  yet are the maps and voice package all on stick 2 . Stick 1 was about 2.5gb stick 2 is just under 16gb .

Nick, the maps are on stick 1 the voice files on stick 2. Stick 1 should  be about 16Gb, stick 2 about 7Gb. Have you got them the wrong way round and stick 2 hasn't completely downloaded?