Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Titanium 2013 not showing track info on Bluetooth

haroldj97

Sorry if this has been covered already, had a look around and couldn't see anything specific to this year Fiesta Titanium

A few months ago I bought a 2013 (13 plate) Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.0 EcoBoost 125 BHP and everything has been great on it. The only thing I have noticed is that if I play music over bluetooth, although I can skip songs with the steering wheel controls, the song info doesn't display on the screen, just saying playing music from bluetooth device or something. I have had a look on the Ford's site to see if there is an update for Sync and apparently everything is up-to-date with my VIN. I have read that some people have swapped the Sync Module for a newer version? Not a major issue but would be nice to have to see what songs I'm skipping to. Is there any way to get this working over bluetooth without having to swap the module?

Same thing here, not had a look for a work around yet as I plan to upgrade the whole unit to a double din

I had the same problem on my 14 plate fiesta Titanium, but I swapped the module.

If your module starts with part number AM5T then you will not get track names as this is Sync v1.0. You need a module with the part D1BT or E1BT as these are Sync v1.1.

I would recommend swapping, as it's very easy (plug and play), and means you can update since via the usb to software version 5.11 which brings bluetooth stability enhancements and a couple of other things I can't remember.

The module is underneath the glovebox accessed via the passenger footwell by a couple of torx screws that suspend the trim. 5 minute job and it really cannot go wrong. You can pick up a module for £20 on fleabay.

Ok great, will have a look and see what's in there now. If I was to get a new module, would I be able to get the update from Ford's website?

On 12/17/2018 at 12:42 PM, haroldj97 said:

Ok great, will have a look and see what's in there now. If I was to get a new module, would I be able to get the update from Ford's website?

Just had a look to see what module is in my car now. It is an AM5T module as I thought it would be. I have been looking on eBay for a D1BT module and have a quick question about them. I have noticed that they all start with D1BT-14D212 but have slightly different last letters, RB, RA, CC, ED etc. Is there any major differences between them?

As long as it starts with D1BT then it should be fine. I don't even think the plug from the focus is different...

There's a full guide on how to change the module here. In all honesty it's very easy to do without the guide. If you cant do it after following the guide you shouldn't be working on your car...

End letters don't matter. The latest update is 5.11 - I'll see if I can upload it or find a link for you later.

That would great if you could provide a link for the newest version. Going to order one soon, probably after Christmas now.

• 5 years later...

I'm going to attempt this in my 2012 focus tomorrow. Does anyone know if the location of the module is the same/how to get to it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club