Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium 58 plate Bluetooth

Gaz4842

Need to sort the phone connection in my in-Laws 58 plate Focus Titanium but cannot access the phone menu. Display reads "audio muted" & no response from the menu button. 

So far have tried

1. Holding down the power switch whilst turning off the key switch. Went through the process with no result.

2. Pulling fuse 112 to cut the power to the radio, leaving it out for 5 minutes or so and then powering it back up, entering code and trying the process again.

I believe the bluetooth function in the Sony radio came as standard - the voice button is present on the steering column controls but there's no response from that either - but I've had no joy whatsoever. Can anyone point out exactly where the BT module is located so I can look for it? Or is it easier to remove the courtesy light unit to look for the microphone? 

Any pointers would be most welcome.

Gaz

Do you have a bluetooth module fitted?
They are seperate from the radio and screwed up behind the glovebox liner.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The liner underneath where the fuse board is? Or do I have to remove the glovebox to gain access? Thanks

42 minutes ago, Gaz4842 said:

The liner underneath where the fuse board is? Or do I have to remove the glovebox to gain access? Thanks

The glovebox needs to come out (it's only a few screws so it's not a big/tricky job).  By "liner" I think @Stoney871 meant the plastic "liner" of the glovebox rather than the material cover for the fuse box.

**EDIT - The module looks something like this**

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by 1979Damian
Added a pic of the module in question
  • Like 2

Sorry, yes.
Maybe not as clear as I could have been there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Again, I assume the wiring loom is standard even if the bluetooth wasn't fitted? So it's just a case of sourcing the module and probably a suitable mic if it turns out that's not present either? And hopefully these are both "plug n play" too 🙂

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 9:59 AM, Gaz4842 said:

Thanks guys. Again, I assume the wiring loom is standard even if the Bluetooth wasn't fitted? So it's just a case of sourcing the module and probably a suitable mic if it turns out that's not present either? And hopefully these are both "plug n play" too 🙂

As far as I know the loom is standard.

there was a post recently saying wiring loom not std....  

not one in my car... there is now for 40 quid, see the last few posts here... people should search

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club