Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Window Not working

chrissykes

Hello, 

I have a Ford Fiesta Flame(54 plate).  The drivers side window won't go up or down, I can hear what I presume is the motor trying to work.  The passenger window does work, and the control for that sits next to the drivers side that doesn't.  Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks

Chris,

Something has gone wrong with the mechanism inside the door that lifts and lowers the glass

Window-Regulator-Front-Right-For-Ford-Fiesta-2001-2008 you can get replacements from fleabay for about £30-40

Have a look at a close up of the cogs on the window motor (pictured) these teeth have a known problem for wearing away, and when they do, you will get issues as you’ve described, so whip your interior door card off and remove your motor and check the teeth. I’m sure this will be the problem.

1ff1fb616a57d825b846ce01058914cf.jpg

If you can hear the motor moving most likely the teeth on the motor broke apart like @Fiesta1.25 said. You have to remove the door card to see. The window regulator if it was going wrong you'll hear a noise from it when moving the window. This is from my experience anyway as I've had both go wrong.

There's a seller on eBay called p_b autos who breaks a lot of mk6 fiesta and I got a second hand motor from him. Actually was in really good condition and was only made in 2014

DSC_0064.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club