Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's your favourite feature on the Fiesta?

mitch84

After getting used to what does what on my MK8 fiesta I thought I would ask what everyone likes best about their fiesta, or favourite feature they have.

For me it's got to be the LED headlights and using the auto headlights setting, I drive home in the dark a lot and the auto high beam works flawlessly, well 4 weeks so far and I'm yet to have to manually switch off auto high beam, it dips perfectly with oncoming traffic, even on blind corners with oncoming traffic. And I like how high beam fades into dipped rather than switch off instantly.

• Like 1

I also like the LED headlights but feel that they are not as good as they could be and I find the auto high beam too slow to dip forcing me to override it.

I think probably the suspension / Michelin PS4 tyre 17" combination is the best feature giving great control and just enough compliance.

• Like 1

Quickclear windscreen (but I only have mk7.5 Style 1.5tdci econetic - quickclear was optional extra)

• Like 1

Quick clear windscreen , auto fold door mirrors with puddle lights and Global Locking...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gazcaz said:

Quick clear windscreen , auto fold door mirrors with puddle lights and Global Locking...

Can you explain to me what and how global locking works please.

Mine is a 2011 titanium the 1.6 job and love the normal standard 1.6,no turbo just a nice nippy little car with 29k had for 5 years and the auto mirrors, leather heated seats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Can you explain to me what and how global locking works please.

Hi Mitch you may call it something different ,but its basically if you have your windows or sunroof open ,when you lock your car windows go up , mirrors fold in and sunroof closes.When you lock the car you hold the lock button on your remote for approx 2 secs rather then just a press.

• Thanks 1

Auto headlights (not LED, but upgraded Philips halogen bulbs), heated steering wheel, great ride, sleek looks, quick clear windscreen, many things really.

The heated steering wheel is really good for me as I suffer from circulation issues in my hands and while the rest of me doesn't feel the cold, my hands do, 2-3 minutes max in the morning and all is well.

• Like 1

For me it's got to be the i litre ecoboost engine.

• Like 2

All you fancy people with your heated this, and powerfolding that! For me, its the perkiness and refinement of the 1.0 engine (and having 6 gears!) and the SYNC 3 system with Apple CarPlay. Very nice upgrade from the gutless old 1.6 Focus I had.

• Like 1

For me its the mislock feature , I always Have a door not properly closed 😃😃 and the auto start stop

The engine is really nice but for me it’s the led headlights as well. First car with them, previous car was a mk6.5, and the difference is huge. This time of year my drive home from work is in the dark and I can actually see with these.

One thing I’ll add that I dislike is the little triangle gap missed by the Wiper Blades as the get back to their bottom point. When using the washers it’s a foaming, annoying, tall pyramid.

• Like 1

Climate control, folding mirrors, climate control, rev camera and the 18 inch wheels for extra styling do it for me.

I must be lucky as i don't notice the rev camera glare or extra brightness that other owners have reported. It is a bit blurry in wet weather when reversing but I can live with that.

Neither do I have any issue with the gearbox or gear selection. I find it very smooth and easy to move up and down through the gears. Have got used to finding reverse now instead of putting the car in 6th gear, haha.

I would have had led headlighting but as I said in another thread I was talked out of it by the dealership as they said in their opinion they needed working on by Ford and didn't offer fantastic illumination as I would have expected with them. I also believe the fog light / cornering lights would not have been led either, just normal halogen lamps?

Making the transition from my Mk7.5 into the Mk8 has gone better than I expected and find the car very comfortable to drive with very nice features and extras the 7.5 didn't have.

• Like 1

For me it's the Ecoboost engine, especially in the 140 variant, sufficiently quick and decent mpg and suprisingly smooth at most rpm.

The handling, was good on my MK7.5 but even better on the MK8.

The heated front screen.

Auto beam headlights, not found them too slow to react yet apart from once on a very steep hill.

1 hour ago, ElliotReid said:

but for me it’s the led headlights as well. First car with them, previous car was a mk6.5, and the difference is huge

Can't say I've been impressed with  with LED headlights in any car I've been in so far (2 BMW's and a Mazda) the light is whiter but I find the beam spread is awful, maybe they have just been bad examples. Hence I didn't go for that option on my MK8. The standard lights in my MK8 are an improvement on the MK7.5 by a small margin.

The two things that made me get another Fiesta were the engine and handling.

The biggest disappointment is the reversing camera, mostly unusable in the dark/wet. Wish I'd gone for the comfort pack and just rear sensors instead.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gazcaz said:

Hi Mitch you may call it something different ,but its basically if you have your windows or sunroof open ,when you lock your car windows go up , mirrors fold in and sunroof closes.When you lock the car you hold the lock button on your remote for approx 2 secs rather then just a press.

Thanks I will have to test it, I have the sunroof as well, I think I read somewhere the sunroof operates independently from the global opening/closing though, so it needs to be done manually.

9 minutes ago, Blatto said:

For me it's the Ecoboost engine, especially in the 140 variant, sufficiently quick and decent mpg and suprisingly smooth at most rpm.

The handling, was good on my MK7.5 but even better on the MK8.

The heated front screen.

Auto beam headlights, not found them too slow to react yet apart from once on a very steep hill.

Can't say I've been impressed with  with LED headlights in any car I've been in so far (2 BMW's and a Mazda) the light is whiter but I find the beam spread is awful, maybe they have just been bad examples. Hence I didn't go for that option on my MK8. The standard lights in my MK8 are an improvement on the MK7.5 by a small margin.

The two things that made me get another Fiesta were the engine and handling.

The biggest disappointment is the reversing camera, mostly unusable in the dark/wet. Wish I'd gone for the comfort pack and just rear sensors instead.

I think the LEDs give excellent output, better than my focus I had which had Philips performance bulbs fitted. They come into there own when in dark country lanes that’s for sure.

Personally I still much prefer the Mk7.5 140 engine, gearbox, acceleration and sound to my Mk8 140.

The Mrs has had her Mk8 around 2 years now, and she loves hers.

I cannot understand why people cannot use the reverse camera in the dark? Both ours seem just fine, other than a bit blurry in the rain.

All said the Mk8 is growing on me now I have had mine for 300 miles, haha.

21 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

My reverse camera is so bright at night, it’s brilliant!

Same😁, I have no idea why the front parking lights/fogs come on when I’m reversing though, anyone notice that?

• Like 1

A simple thing. So far, after nearly 2 years left outside in all sorts of weather including some extremely low overnight temperatures, it has never failed to start first touch of the button😀.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bobr said:

For me it's got to be the i litre ecoboost engine.

Yes if my 1.6 goes pop the 125 eco i would look at, amazing little 3 pot engine size of a shoe box and light and slap a turbo on it and great, few 3 pots out there but ford wins.

I guess the heated seats/ heated screen are my favourites as a daily use in winter although I have used the cruise control (a lot) for added comfort during my 3 longish European trips.

Best 'upgrade' so far have been the Michelin Pilot Sport 4's which transformed the ability to put the power down and corner during those 'spirited' drives out in the sticks! 😉

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

My reverse camera is so bright at night, it’s brilliant!

I have not got one of these ,,,BUT these help me going backwards.

Reverse.jpg

I did like the heated steering wheel on a loaner Vignale I had.

Best most useful feature is probably the heated windscreen.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:55 PM, Mavroz said:

I cannot understand why people cannot use the reverse camera in the dark?

I'm guessing there must be a big variation in the quality. I must have got a duff one, the image at night is like staring into the sun just washes out any detail all I can see is a bit of scenery on the outer edges of the picture and the coloured lines that are overlayed on the road. Can't see any road surface, kerbs etc.. If there was a child standing in the middle of the view I wouldn't see it, just a big ball of white light.

Seems ok during the daylight though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club