Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Stop/Start Not Working

Cloth Tabs

3 hours ago, Alan48 said:

My stop-start has not worked since ...............

let me think ???????

I seem to recall that there have been a several hundred posts regarding Stop/Start not working !!

1 hour ago, unofix said:

let me think ???????

I seem to recall that there have been a several hundred posts regarding Stop/Start not working !!

Has there? I've not noticed them. I turned my stop start off at the weekend via forscan.  Think the dual mass flywheel is just starting to vibrate. Less stop starts so hope the flywheel lasts a little longer. Also 95% soc made a huge difference to the way the car starts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, iantt said:

I turned my stop start off at the weekend via forscan.

Is that an option for all Ford vehicles or just some wirh FORScan ?

I'm using the little electronic unit that copies the switch action and turns mine off 10 seconds after the engine has started. I had looked at trying to disable it with FORScan but didn't find an option.

11 hours ago, unofix said:

Is that an option for all Ford vehicles or just some wirh FORScan ?

I'm using the little electronic unit that copies the switch action and turns mine off 10 seconds after the engine has started. I had looked at trying to disable it with FORScan but didn't find an option.

No idea, know forscan can do focus MK3 I had before the Mondeo. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Unofix what little electronic unit is that and how do I get one. My stop/start is a right pain it starts working within a couple of a hundred yards of driving even if the battery voltage is down around the 12 volt mark. It has never failed to work from new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsk said:

Hi Unofix what little electronic unit is that and how do I get one.

Take a look at this site: https://www.formod.eu/

I'll send you a PM

DSC_0242.JPG

• 5 months later...

My 69 fiesta st passenger keyless entry and stop start stopped working and didn't know why but I wasn't doing much mileage then had a good drive out and all is working again 👍

• 5 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, Cloth Tabs said:

I have a 23 month old Fiesta Titanium with 13000 miles on the clock. It had its first service 3 weeks ago and since then I've noticed that the Auto Stop/Start doesn't work.

On the dashboard display there is a circular icon with a capital A inside which has a line through it and it is  greyed out, which appears to  indicate that the Auto Stop/Start is disabled

If I hold the clutch down the icon disappears but it reappear once I release the clutch provided the car is stationary. 

Also there's a button with the same icon located behind the gear lever. If I press this button it illuminates in yellow to say that it is OFF and the dashboard icon disappears . If I press the button again the grey icon reappears 

Previously, when the Auto Stop/Start was working, the dashboard icon was  lit in green -- not greyed out.  

How can I enable the Auto Stop/Start and if I can't what is the likely reason for it not working now ?

Hi

My best advice is, get the battery charged fully (Halfords sell a battery Charger for around £30 that won't over charge it etc) and leave it on until the display says full.

Once full, reset the battery Control Module (BCM) - to reset, ignition on, flash the high beams 5 times, then press brake pedal 5 times. If the reset has worked, the battery logo will flash a few times. This tells the car the battery is fully charged and to take advantage of it. 

My issue regarding a battery drain on my Focus 2022 has taught me a lot about this from other clever people. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club