Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga phev recall

Nems

I had a BMW 325i once upon a time. It had the battery in the boot too. There was a positive terminal in the engine bay and I just used a significant earthing point for the negative. Not sure if this would apply to the PHEV. 

1 hour ago, Brian Rabbit said:

Hi all - my Kuga Phev is sitting on the drive and has done for the past two months - system is completely dead - it's due to have its head examined in the next two weeks (battery refit etc) - I'm wondering if I can get it going by hooking up a charger to the terminals under the bonnet (as the 12v battery is in the boot and inaccessible) - I think I've located the positive terminal (under a little red cover on the right hand side of the engine) - so is the negative the contact just up and to the left (black cover)?  Would you recommend doing this, just to get it going.....???

That will be fine. 

On 2/12/2021 at 8:11 PM, Darcey said:

Hi, my dealership phoned today apparently when I collect the car there will be a letter offering me either additional £300 fuel card, a charging point or can donate to a CO2 charity.

Finally, got my Hybrid back this week (bought 1st Aug) , all good, valeted and almost fully charged, 29 miles range. 
Yes, an EXTRA £300 BP fuel card is on offer (or charge point at home), a separate card to the £500. My original £500 card NEVER worked, situation resolved yesterday (pin given to me different to pin in BP system !)

Question to all of you. What is this on my display, any idea what it’s telling me ??? Immediately below the temperature reading and above the speed mph , 

thanks

This is what I meant ...

What the hell is it ? 
any ideas ?

8CB89A69-8E7A-4143-8E4C-B7B80A8FB41C.jpeg

I’ve got the 13” virtual display which is completely different to this and I also don’t have a hybrid, but I’m wondering if this is indicating how many items you have on the right hand side up and down screen selections on your steering wheel. Could this indicate 7 menu screens and you are currently in number 2 (the blue line highlighted showing where you are in the menu) ?

1 hour ago, Edge of Reason said:

I’ve got the 13” virtual display which is completely different to this and I also don’t have a hybrid, but I’m wondering if this is indicating how many items you have on the right hand side up and down screen selections on your steering wheel. Could this indicate 7 menu screens and you are currently in number 2 (the blue line highlighted showing where you are in the menu) ?

Wow 🤩, yes, number of screen options !  Ford service dept. Couldn’t give me an answer for 2 months... yet you did it in 30 mins. Cheers 🍻 

sad that the Kuga hybrid does not have a Rev counter, yet it can tell me how many screen option I have.

It only doesn’t have a rev counter because it has a CVT gearbox and the revs would just scare you 😉

Yesterday I finally got a call from Ford about the extra offers, gone for the £300. card apparently this one will have no end date, when I asked about extending the date on the original £500. he wasn’t able to do that so will be taking it higher to get changed as in a lockdown & not being allowed to travel haven’t used much. Also told me that Ford have agreed that it can be used for other cars not just the Kuga as stated in the letter that came with it. Would have been nice if that had been communicated out.

Finally got an email from Ford apparently there is no end date on the £500 fuel card either but they had to put an end date to be able to print the cards!!!!!! So both cards will expire when the credit is used up.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, on Sat 10th April I had a call from Ford telling me there is a software update and a 12v battery change needed.  They have arrange for this to be carried out at the garage or by Mobile technicians.  They needed my permission to give out my phone no.
Here we go again.

Anybody else heard anything?

• 3 weeks later...

I got my kuga back 18th Apr and I have charged everyday since I got it. Started off with 35 miles and now it reads 24 on a full charge. I know sometimes if u drive harsh the. It takes up more energy but I’m driving sensibly so I would expect the full 35 I’m getting around 18-20 miles from a full charge ..... I also haven’t been offered any letter when I got it back. I will be ringing them up tomorrow.

apparently a full charge costs around £1.44 ish, that’s roughly £10 a week plus any fuel used .... so all in all it’s not that much of a saving unless u strictly use ev.

I’m hoping they will sort this out as the car is lovely to drive

Glad I got a diesel now. So many PHEV issues that really haven’t been resolved fully. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ever since I got my Kuga Phev back from Ford... it’s been excellent driving, charging to 34miles etc.

have not received the extra £300 fuel card though.  Has anybody ???

thanks 

On 5/23/2021 at 1:31 PM, Raffi Goetch said:

Ever since I got my Kuga Phev back from Ford... it’s been excellent driving, charging to 34miles etc.

have not received the extra £300 fuel card though.  Has anybody ???

thanks 

Still waiting for first card !!!

went straight to ford and got public relations and they are the case !!

I think more you argue maybe better results , not happy 

• 2 weeks later...

I have had both fuel cards & yesterday charged on household plug took pic of dash to show ev miles, not sure if that’s because it was hot.92DEB181-6962-486D-84C1-7AB3E621E194.thumb.jpeg.21f21f3863ab7c475422f5463b265696.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that good I’ve got up to 44 max but this is very variable 

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had my Kuga PHEV for a year now and since the Major rework was completed I have been pleased with the overall performance.

I have one problem that is still to be resolved this being the intermittent operation of the remote Open / Close, Engine start when using Ford Pass Connect.

Has this been experienced by anyone else.

Stop Press

Just been advised by my dealer at time of the annual service that a further system download will be required, That's another day I will not be able to use the Kuga.

• 2 months later...

Has any one else received a Marks & Spencer’s Card as well? Been really happy with my Kuga had 2 week holiday with the car being able to charge freely & only used just under £10. petrol all that time.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club