Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to renew...

Mavroz

Time is approaching for the Mrs to renew her car, dealership was InTouch yesterday.

She was going to move to an EcoSport StLine with X pack for a higher ride height but she was told they are not taking orders for them any longer as they are stopping production of them. Ford site still let's you configure one though.

Sooooo it has been suggested she looks at a Puma but in all honesty she is very very reluctant to move away from the Fiesta and may still opt for another of these if the EcoSport isn't an option.

I see they now offer the 155Ps hybrid engine in the Fiesta.... Anyone had one yet?

1 hour ago, Mavroz said:

Time is approaching for the Mrs to renew her car, dealership was InTouch yesterday.

She was going to move to an EcoSport StLine with X pack for a higher ride height but she was told they are not taking orders for them any longer as they are stopping production of them. Ford site still let's you configure one though.

Sooooo it has been suggested she looks at a Puma but in all honesty she is very very reluctant to move away from the Fiesta and may still opt for another of these if the EcoSport isn't an option.

I see they now offer the 155Ps hybrid engine in the Fiesta.... Anyone had one yet?

I've seen and been out in them, great car. Pretty pokey and good MPG thanks to the electrical assistance. The new Puma is good also if you wanted something a bit higher up.

There may be some built eco sports out there, I saw a 69 plate one the other day.  I'd stick with the Fiesta or if you must a Puma. 😀 the ecosport does look a bit dated now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavroz said:

What about the Fiesta Active - its has a little higher ride height over the standard Fiesta

Yes, the missus new one is an Active, I quite like the styling.  It is a little higher but doesn't roll horribly or anything.

Puma's would be an excellent replacement, mate has one in the launch edition spec which is effectively the st line x trim with the addition of a pan roof. They are also built on the fiesta platform and the 155 hybrid engines are a good choice for the size of the car and pack a punch. Guess you'll test drive one so you'll find this out for yourself but the ride height is what i can only describe as standing kind of height, you don't get up into the drivers seat nor do you get down into it. ( says me at 6ft 2" 😅)  So I'd defiantly consider one against the Fiesta. 👍

From what I’ve seen in reviews etc is that the Puma is an excellent car, I’ve sat in one before and thought it was a pleasant car. 
One thing I didn’t like though is that as the interior is basically a copy and paste from the Fiesta’s, the arm rest and cupholders were significantly lower than in the Fiesta when considering my normal driving position. I almost felt like there was little point in the arm rest being there as it wasn’t much use

As posted in another thread, I got a drive in a Puma just before lockdown and thought it a pleasant enough car, with just enough extra height over a Fiesta to make a difference for those who want that (my Mrs also likes a higher seating position).  I was disappointed it was only the 125ps version which was obviously not as quick as my Fiesta, but, in ST-Line spec, it handled very tidily.

As @DG97 mentions, the interior is virtually as per Fiesta, which is ok by me anyway, but the later version of Sync is, I think, an improvement.

Shame I couldn't drive the 155 version, from the few tests I've seen it does seem to have more pull lower down (as you might expect with 60Nm extra torque over the 140) and a bit more top end. I'm certainly not ruling the Puma out when the time comes to replace my Fiesta and am very keen to see how the ST turns out. (Can't live with the Fiesta ST seat, don't need something as big as a Focus, could the Puma ST be an ideal compromise?😀).

Alternatively, I would happily consider another Fiesta with the 155ps mhev. Certainly, as Guy and Tiexen mention, a Fiesta Active which can also be had with the 155ps mhev might be worth considering for Mrs Mavroz. A neighbour of mine swapped her "normal" Fiesta for an Active a couple of years ago and is delighted with it. 

9 hours ago, Tiexen said:

What about the Fiesta Active - its has a little higher ride height over the standard Fiesta

Active is definitely not to our liking.

Had one as a loan car when her car was in for some SatNav work. Didn't like the looks, the styling etc etc (metallic yellow) and it was only 100ps.

We much prefer the St Line look, with the X giving the added extras.

• Like 1

If you want higher but STL looks it would have to be a Puma. Out of all the SUVs the Puma does have some style and it isn't just a box.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:04 AM, Mavroz said:

Yep I picked my 155ps fiesta up up last week. Very strong engine but it’s feels stronger at higher speeds (probably due to the gearing) but it feels every bit better compared to my older 100ps (and it’s 2 seconds quicker between 30-50 in third so it’s great for quick overtakes even if there is a tad of lag which is a bit annoying considering the electrical assistance but once it goes it really does go), fuel economy isn’t brilliant at the moment around town I’m getting 35 mpg and haven't really taken it on the motorway frequently enough to get an accurate measure. But if you can afford it I would definitely recommend it.

• Like 1

I'm pondering downsizing my car to a Fiesta, if it does turn out that I won't be in the office that much anymore.  I'm not worried about 0-60 TLGPs but I'm definitely interested in how you think the 155 performs with a full load, up hills and joining motorways - the important mid range stuff.  

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

I'm pondering downsizing my car to a Fiesta, if it does turn out that I won't be in the office that much anymore.  I'm not worried about 0-60 TLGPs but I'm definitely interested in how you think the 155 performs with a full load, up hills and joining motorways - the important mid range stuff.  

Yes for 153hp the 0-60 time is shocking slow but that is due to the long gearing but boy is it good once you are at speed. Taking 4 adults in it was absolutely fine  (but this is comparing to a 100ps from before keep in mind), I havnt yet encountered any hills that could cause a lot of pain though , but yes it mid range acceleration feels far stronger than its of the line acceleration you will happily accelerate to 85+ on sliproads 

• Like 2

Cool cheers.  My missus has a 100ps and I like that for it's size and power it's actually quite nippy.

3 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Cool cheers.  My missus has a 100ps and I like that for it's size and power it's actually quite nippy.

Your welcome wish you luck with your replacement, yeah the 100s are really not bad at all it was surprising 

On 9/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, BJT said:

Yes for 153hp the 0-60 time is shocking slow but that is due to the long gearing but boy is it good once you are at speed. Taking 4 adults in it was absolutely fine  (but this is comparing to a 100ps from before keep in mind), I havnt yet encountered any hills that could cause a lot of pain though , but yes it mid range acceleration feels far stronger than its of the line acceleration you will happily accelerate to 85+ on sliproads 

That's interesting. Like Guy I'm not much interested in 0-60 times but would like a bit more midrange (which you ought to get with an extra 60nm of torque over the non-hybrid), so this sounds good. I wonder if they have lengthened the gearing a bit on the mhev?

23 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

That's interesting. Like Guy I'm not much interested in 0-60 times but would like a bit more midrange (which you ought to get with an extra 60nm of torque over the non-hybrid), so this sounds good. I wonder if they have lengthened the gearing a bit on the mhev?

Yeah absolutely mid range is what you need when you are normally driving I do plan on on doing a few times with it (once it’s run in properly)- I couldn’t say compared to the older 140hp because I had a 100 before but they definitely are longer 

On 9/4/2020 at 7:15 AM, MasterTechTip said:

I've seen and been out in them, great car. Pretty pokey and good MPG thanks to the electrical assistance. The new Puma is good also if you wanted something a bit higher up.

But don't fill the recess/box with ice to  chill your champagne on the puma. 😂😂😂

On 9/11/2020 at 5:43 PM, iantt said:

But don't fill the recess/box with ice to  chill your champagne on the puma. 😂😂😂

Hahaha noooooo 😂 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club