Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Drive shaft problems

JacF

Hi all,

Our 2018 Ford Tourneo Custom was making a knocking sound recently. The garage has just told us the drive shaft needs replacing...is this normal after 61,000 miles reasonable driving???? Anyone else had similar experience?

I'd say it's pretty unusual for them to fail that early, especially with what seems like mostly motorway miles?

Only reason I could think of is the van spends most of its time being overloaded and put too much stress on the shafts? Bit of a long shot though lol.

I know there's an obesity epidemic but surely a taxi shouldn't be over weight?

If that's 61k of stop start town driving in 2 years then I'd suggest that's pretty hard on driveshafts tbh.

Yes I'm not sure a Taxi full of Razor Ruddocks would put it overweight. I was thinking someone may have used it to haul hardcore around.

Like Tom said 60k miles of town driving plus a van full of Razor Ruddocks would be pretty hard wearing on the shafts.

I'm not sure why I used Razor Ruddock, gues he was the first big lad I could think of 🤷‍♂️😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club