st line x 140 driver

Dashboard Camera for integration with SYNC 3 Part No. 2421817

Hi all been looking for details on the dash cam being sold by ford £268 could not find any details so bought it. fitting charge extra will update cost when fitted. Been told it will take approx 2 hrs to fit.

Instructions say must be fitted by ford technician. You need to download the "ford dashcam" app as it uses your mobile as a screen.

CONTENTS.JPG

I imagine it’s a fairly standard dashcam branded as a Ford product. Going via the app isn’t anything new I suppose, thinkware dash cams go through their app too. At £268, I’d get as much info as possible as that’s a high price at which there is significant choice from other dashcam brands

Why would it need to be. You have a windscreen!

55 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I thought it was also viewable on the sync screen?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I’ve heard something about it being integrated but haven’t actually seen an implementation. Personally not sure I see the point, surely the only real need for a recording would be in the event of an accident at which point you’d download it anyway rather than view it on the screen

3 out of 4 ford main dealer garages weren't interested in installing it in the car. Earliest i can get it fitted is the 20th so will give more details then. As far as i'm aware you can use your sync screen to operate & need wifi or sd card reader for downloading files.