Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 2.5 bug

razzda

Hi there. New forum member here. I have a Focus Titanium which was delivered new to me in January 2020 here in Denmark. It appears that it has Sync 2.5.

There are obvious bugs in this system.

It has trouble keeping the time: When you power on, it resets to either 01:00 or 02:00 (depending on daylight savings time). After that you can wait 5 or 40 minutes (or indefinitely) until it finds the correct time. Android Auto will NOT connect until the car has decided to get the time right. It forgets the preprogrammed radio stations so that I now have to manually choose a DAB MUX before I can select a DAB station. Such a nuisance. 

Sync software version: F1.3.3.1_R19301a (revision : F1.3.3.1_Product_GB). 

When you enter the VIN on Ford's website, it says that the software is up to date. To my knowledge there has been no updates at all since I purchased the car. 

I discovered that users in Denmark, Sweden, Poland and Romania are experiencing that same issue with aforementioned software version. 

1) Has Ford abandoned Sync 2.5? 

2) Any advice as to how the problem can be mitigated? Surely, a car should be able to keep the time all by itself ......... 

best regards

razzda

Called the dealer's workshop today. He acknowledged that they were aware of at least one other owner with the clock problem. He didn't even know that there was such a thing as Sync 2.5 (even though it was marketed as such in Ford's brochures). Surprisingly, he said it's not not really a true Sync system, called it a CTR module (control module?) built into the radio. He said that Ford had announced that a firmware was in the works - they already had access to one such update (called it version 1.7) but, as far as he could recall, it hadn't solved the problem for the other customer.  

• 1 month later...

Hi, razzda. There is update F1.8.0.1_R20411a. I have Focus Trend edition manufactured in November 2019. Never had that issue but I also read on Romania Ford forum that many users had that bug on theirs Sync 2.5. 

Is it possible to update our Sync 2.5 to Sync 3?

• 5 weeks later...

If you want to solve the clock issue you need to ask your dealer to update your CTR unit as well as your TCU unit. The clock issue is caused by the TCU.

• Like 1

Hi guys - can I ask a slightly different question but on a similar subject. I have a problem where my Ford Sync only uses the phone voice and not the car one and I have been told by Ford it is because I have Ford Sync 2.5 CTR which only supports phone voice - can I ask is this true do your Sync 2.5 systems only support phone voice?

• 2 weeks later...

If you look on this link https://www.ford.com.br/servico-ao-cliente/sync/comparativo-sync/ it seams that there is a difference between Sync2.5 an Sync3 for  Voice-controlled temperature and Voice command radio tuning Select. Personally, I never try to use voice command without android phone by my side and it always activate google help on the phone.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 9:09 PM, Sashus said:

If you look on this link https://www.ford.com.br/servico-ao-cliente/sync/comparativo-sync/ it seams that there is a difference between Sync2.5 an Sync3 for  Voice-controlled temperature and Voice command radio tuning Select. Personally, I never try to use voice command without android phone by my side and it always activate google help on the phone.

@Sashus thanks that is the first comparison of sync versions that I've seen.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club