Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 sync3 screen still on when locking car

mitch84

Hi

I have mentioned this before and I think a few said they occasionally have it happen, when I go to lock car at night I notice the sync 3 screen is still on, not on so to speak, but the backlight of the screen is still on, I only notice it at night as it is easy to spot.

Anyway I sometimes unlock car again and wait and then lock again and it normally goes fully off then, I don't like the thought of leaving car with it still partially on.

This is where I come to my question, those that have noticed this, do they know if it does eventually turn off fully, I might just be wasting my time unlocking car again?

Thanks 

Mine did this today, I just unlocked the car & waited for the screen to start up, then locked the car again & it went off completely. 

• Thanks 1

Same thing with mine, seemingly completely at random. As long as it goes off when I lock the car, which it always has so far, I don't worry about it now.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t have expected it to do this on a brand new car though. 

1 hour ago, Rogue2 said:

I wouldn’t have expected it to do this on a brand new car though. 

We are the test dummies for new cars! Bet you would be saying that for the Kuga mHEV! Good for bonfire night.

I had it happen once when I first bought the car which worried me but then I noticed that when I switch the car off the power stays on to the accessories, power socket etc., for approx 20 minutes ( don't know exactly how long)  then everything goes off. so I don't worry now.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, st line x 140 driver said:

We are the test dummies for new cars! Bet you would be saying that for the Kuga mHEV! Good for bonfire night.

What’s wrong with the Kuga mHEV? Not heard anything about them. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rogue2 said:

What’s wrong with the Kuga mHEV? Not heard anything about them. 

Think he means the phev with there battery issues and not mhev. 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, iantt said:

Think he means the phev with there battery issues and not mhev. 

I do stand corrected. still test dummies though.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Rogue2 said:

Mine did this today, I just unlocked the car & waited for the screen to start up, then locked the car again & it went off completely. 

7 hours ago, billyboy said:

I had it happen once when I first bought the car which worried me but then I noticed that when I switch the car off the power stays on to the accessories, power socket etc., for approx 20 minutes ( don't know exactly how long)  then everything goes off. so I don't worry now.

Ah ok, thanks everyone for the replies, as @Rogue2 said I normally unlock again and wait a minute and then lock again to be sure it goes off as dont like the thought of the screen staying on all night, but as @billyboy says It looks like I should'nt need to worry if everything goes off after 20mins, if it happens again, I will leave it and check to see if its off after a while.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club