Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stage 1?

Will123
聽Share

I鈥檓 wondering how聽my fiesta ecoboost 123bhp 2017 would cope to a stage 1 remap, would I need any other works doing to it. Would love some help cheers 馃憤馃徎

2017 is the switchover between the Mk7 and Mk8.

If you've got the older shape with 5 speed box, then remaps are known to wreck the syncros as the gearbox is already being pushed to the limit from the factory.

Ahh I see, I have the mk8 6speed. Would this be alright to map then as I鈥檝e done quite abit of research but keep coming up short

I see quite a lot of companies getting around 150ps from 123 & 98聽engines the 140 has a different head so they can push them a little further up to 160ps - 170ps.

Of cause you have your revo and mountune's at the inflated cost of the badge. But there are many small remap companies that will do it for you.

There are quite a few video's on youtube regarding the topic on the Mk8's already, so i'd give that a look first. Remember though if you have warranty still it'll probably void it, but if you go with a reputable company they should normally provide you with a warranty.

Perfect then, cheers to both of you聽for you help. I鈥檓 not bothered about pushing the engine to the max it鈥檚 more due to how responsive the turbo is. I鈥檓 not clued up on all this stuff so this has helped 馃憤馃徎

I鈥檓 interested in this too. I have 99ps 2018 ST-Line and would like to improve low down torque and sound, not interested in speed etc, more the drivability.

I鈥檝e been looking at Bluefin/superchips so would be interested in a review if anyone has any experience.

I have a primary and secondary hose in red for sale which works well with a remap - helps throttle response slightly - 拢75 for the pair

IMG_20210131_115458.jpg

IMG_20210213_140151.jpg

I have the 99ps St-Line (2018), I had it remapped plus I put a intake kit + hoses on. According to the technician I'm now at just over 150ps but I haven't had it dyno'ed so that was just his word but it definitely feels a lot more responsive.

• Like 2

So does ps basically mean the bhp? I鈥檝e read that upgrading the intake will improve my cars performance after it鈥檚 been mapped but is it compulsory to upgrade it in regards to a stage 1 map?

2 minutes ago, Will123 said:

So does ps basically mean the bhp?

PS is the metric (German) equivalent to聽BHP, it's very slightly different.聽 So a 100ps EcoBoost is actually only 99bhp...聽 People use PS & BHP interchangeably though.

• Like 3

A remap is a bit like a hammer, bang, instant more horses.聽 Great on its own, but if you can combine it with making the intake (and exhaust) more efficient you will get more out of it, but you don't have to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a 140bhp fiesta which had the strengthened 5 speed gearbox as the original 5 speed box cannot cope with the torque of these ecoboost fiestas. This is why you'll find the MK8s have 6 speed boxes. Even in the 140bhp fiesta, 1st and 2nd gear are limited because of the torque despite having stronger components put into it. Having a remap on the car will indeed increase the strain on all components of the car as you would expect however some have remapped their car and have had no problem but some have remapped and things haven't gone to plan...聽

All I'd say is that if you wish to remap, it is honestly your choice but looking for more power comes at a cost so if you do it, just keep an eye on your gearbox. Even in my 140 I would've liked more power but I'm picking up an ST on the weekend because I'd rather have that 'safe' power, knowing the components that ford have placed in that car are more than comfortable with withstanding the torque.

Also I've been in a remapped ecoboost, and yes the difference is noticeable, as a stage 1 there is a bit more torque but power doesn't feel that much higher, maybe an extra 10-15 bhp, but stage 2 onwards and you'd be asking for trouble.

Reliability wise, I'd keep it stock, but if you really want to remap, at least stick with stage 1 and go no further. Also, the more reputable tuning company, the better, a cheap map can do serious damage if it isn't programmed properly.

I probably sound old but a bit more power is nice but the main thing is that the car gets you from A to B and that you can rely on it doing so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a mk8 with pumaspeed remap stage 1. 聽I am super happy with 163hp. 聽My original car was 100hp

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Master7 said:

I have a mk8 with pumaspeed remap stage 1. 聽I am super happy with 163hp. 聽My original car was 100hp

For a MK8 that鈥檚 an impressive gain. At least the MK8s gearboxes are stronger so your one should be fine 馃憤馃徑

Tbh guys a have a 15plate eco boost and a 2005 st150 both have a had some form of upgrades more on the st150 but before dropping more power into anything. Change your clutch and your diff in any car and you shouldn鈥檛 have to worry about the box . Also brakes and suppention or no point in extra power if you can鈥檛 stop or handle the road

10 hours ago, Chaz84 said:

Tbh guys a have a 15plate eco boost and a 2005 st150 both have a had some form of upgrades more on the st150 but before dropping more power into anything. Change your clutch and your diff in any car and you shouldn鈥檛 have to worry about the box . Also brakes and suppention or no point in extra power if you can鈥檛 stop or handle the road

Does the St150 feel faster than an ecoboost? Which BHP is your ecoboost?

The eco boost is 150 hp and the st150 is 220hp and striped out lol 馃槀 so the st150 defo faster lol 馃槀

The st159 is in getting new forged pistons and valves so get it back in few weeks

68242DB4-FAED-4F8F-B07F-88B2ABEAF78B.jpg

• Like 2

But a good clutch and a good diff makes a world of difference in any car would recommend it to be done before big power mods

2 hours ago, Chaz84 said:

The eco boost is 150 hp and the st150 is 220hp and striped out lol 馃槀 so the st150 defo faster lol 馃槀

How do people get such good gains with the St150. Isn't it a 2l naturally aspirated? Did you put in forced induction to get that power increase?

On 2/23/2021 at 4:06 PM, Smartd00d said:

I鈥檓 interested in this too. I have 99ps 2018 ST-Line and would like to improve low down torque and sound, not interested in speed etc, more the drivability.

I鈥檝e been looking at Bluefin/superchips so would be interested in a review if anyone has any experience.

The bluefin is known to be one of the more reputable companies out of the lot so if you are wanting a remap, you are making the better choices of companies to go with. They are usually more conservative than other companies but that little bit less BHP could keep the car reliable and that is what is important. I'm not keen on engine tuning but I must admit my black edition had a bluefin and I noticed the torque massively especially in the mid range, not so much difference on the power though.

Remember though, having a remap will increase wear on your components, probably not by much but it is just that little bit more strenuous. Seems like you have the MK8 so your gearbox should be fine but the MK7s were hit and miss with the gearboxes as the 5 speed boxes are much weaker than the 6. Also bearing in mind your warranty will be voided but I'm not sure when yours will run out anyway

The remap is a decent map as the bluefin allows you to change the map back and forth to stock which is handy 馃憤馃徏. I would pick a bluefin over other companies any day as the upgrade is more conservative as I'm not one for wanting聽much power as I can. In all honesty though I don't think I'd do it again though, I just feel more at ease driving a car at stock where the manufacturers know the car is more than capable of withholding the power that it produces from factory.

• Thanks 1

So for the st150 spec to date
200 cams upgrade
60mm throttle body up grade
stage 3 clutch
qualdiff
upgrade puma speed callipers and disc
bigger intake manifold
weight reduction
fog light removal
door cards removed
upgraded coils and plugs , leads
puma speed air delete kit
gti filter
rolling road remapped
rear strut bar
upgrade shocks and springs
there is more just can鈥檛 remember
too much to remember

It鈥檚 true you change one thing in a cars running you need to change it all. Rs/st come out the factory performance tuned to what the car can handle in every day life a lot people forget that lol 馃槀

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club