Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semiconductors shortage

Rondy

So a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel....had an email on Saturday from the dealer, my Fiesta ST-Line Vignale is going into production on Monday...coming up to 13 months after first ordering it.  Somewhat happier now although thinking of it he didn't say which Monday 🤔

Hoping to pick it up end of July, early August...will be glad once it all over and done with....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So update on mine...car built a couple of weeks ago and is now in the UK waiting delivery to the dealer.  Dealer reckons it will be with them next week and arranged to hand over week on Friday.

I might delay hand over for an extra week as popping down to Minehead and don't want to run-in the new car on the motorway.

Been frustrating times but finally got there....hopefully 😉

I ordered a Titanium 125mHEV early December 2021. First week in April the dealer got an estimated build date of 31st May with delivery beginning of July. Yesterday tried to find out if it was actually built but dealer says Ford tracking system has gone down so has submitted a manual request to find out. Waiting with fingers crossed.

You MIGHT find that a few usual things are missing due to the semi conductor shortages. They are installing the major items but

things like infolding mirrors are missing. 

7 minutes ago, Rondy said:

You MIGHT find that a few usual things are missing

Like the floor 🤣

flintstones.JPG

37 minutes ago, Rondy said:

You MIGHT find that a few usual things are missing due to the semi conductor shortages. They are installing the major items but

things like infolding mirrors are missing. 

Powerfold mirrors are no longer on the spec 

I ordered a 3 door, dealer phoned on Friday to say I won’t be getting that now. Car was apparently in re-segmentation mid May, now estimated build date is August and a 5 door. Not entirely amused but what can you do. Dealer said we’ll have to discuss the price! 

23 hours ago, Bashful said:

I ordered a 3 door, dealer phoned on Friday to say I won’t be getting that now. Car was apparently in re-segmentation mid May, now estimated build date is August and a 5 door. Not entirely amused but what can you do. Dealer said we’ll have to discuss the price! 

5 door usually more expensive than a 3 door, seriously hope they don't try and get you to pay for the two extra  doors they have decided to fit....but as you've said not a lot you can do about it unfortunately unless you are prepared to walk away...then you're back to square one...

19 hours ago, martinf64 said:

5 door usually more expensive than a 3 door, seriously hope they don't try and get you to pay for the two extra  doors they have decided to fit....but as you've said not a lot you can do about it unfortunately unless you are prepared to walk away...then you're back to square one...

Dealer asked why I chose the 3 door and was it to do with the price, I said it was to do with the appearance.  I really need my current Fiesta gone by December as it'll be 10 years and the wet belt will need to be replaced.  I asked about stock they hold (no ST Line's) but that would be a new PCP deal at 4.9% with mine being at 0% (which they say will be honoured) They have kind of got me over a barrel with the price, if it comes to delivery and they decide the price goes up I either go with it or go back to square one as you said.  He did say they'll try and keep it at around the same price,  I feel they should be honouring the price since it's not the car I wanted.  My plan is to hold off till August then if there is no more a definite date I'll look for a stock model and not necessarily a Fiesta  

Did they not guarantee the price you would be paying? We went early April to renew Fiesta and was told 5 door only, no folding mirrors, bliss and more. Not what we wanted so opted for a Puma ST which we are now told will be delivered August to September.

Anyway, the salesman said the only way the pricung would change whether the Puma was delivered in June 2022 or June 2023 was if the part ex value on my Fiesta increased, the payments on the new car would decrease....

They will also MOT and service my current Fiesta free of charge IF the delivery of the Puma passes early November.

As the salesman said, win, win. 

List price difference between 3 and 5 doors was only around £400 when both were available, or around £11/month over 36 months. At the other end of the equation, 5 doors do seem more in demand so you should make some of it up on the residual, even if you don't manage a deal. 

Even in "normal " times Ford do include a "reserve the right to alter specs" etc clause. 

I can understand your annoyance, though - it's not your choice and certainly not your fault. 

I do think the 5 door Mk 8 looks ok though, unlike some of the earlier Fiestas which could look  a bit odd. Having had both, it's certainly a lot more convenient. I seldom have passengers in the back, but it's very easy to just chuck "stuff" in the back and far less risk of damage trying to open a big door in a narrow parking space. So there are some positives!😀

50 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

List price difference between 3 and 5 doors was only around £400 when both were available, or around £11/month over 36 months. At the other end of the equation, 5 doors do seem more in demand so you should make some of it up on the residual, even if you don't manage a deal. 

Even in "normal " times Ford do include a "reserve the right to alter specs" etc clause. 

I can understand your annoyance, though - it's not your choice and certainly not your fault. 

I do think the 5 door Mk 8 looks ok though, unlike some of the earlier Fiestas which could look  a bit odd. Having had both, it's certainly a lot more convenient. I seldom have passengers in the back, but it's very easy to just chuck "stuff" in the back and far less risk of damage trying to open a big door in a narrow parking space. So there are some positives!😀

Personally, I think the ST Line and ST Fiestas look terrible with 5 doors but everyone has their own opinion.

Hence no more Fiestas for us. 😂

I don't particularly like the 5 door either.  I'm unsure if the price was guaranteed - I do have the order form and the finance was proposed.  Dealer hasn't said anything about service and MOT but I guess he wasn't expecting a year for delivery

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve had an ST Line Vignale on order since March. Was originally told June delivery, then July, then September. It’s now changed to January but I’d put a few quid on the fact that it’ll be delayed further again. Really peeved as my current car is due a major service in December, something I hadn’t anticipated on having to Shell out for given the fact I thought I’d have my fiesta well before then.

Went into my local Ford dealers today and they reckon it could easy go past a years wait. There’s absolutely no in stock cars and the ones on Auto Trader, ex-demonstrators and such, have a hugely elevated price tag. I even considered buying used but all they had were 18-19 plates, which is roughly the same age as my own car.

Really frustrated to say the least, but what can you do?!

9 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Really frustrated to say the least, but what can you do?!

Nothing to reduce the wait.  But you can ask the dealership to cover the cost of the service (and MOT?) on your own car.  They might say no now, but were fairly happy to do it last year.

10 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

on order since March. Was originally told June delivery, then July,

That seems to have been remarkably optimistic of them back then as  I ordered mine in December 201 and was given a June delivery estimate, now slipped to September estimated build.

My last update was August build date, which is nonsense given that the factory is shut for 4 weeks.  I had thought that I would look for something else this month, already been to see the Toyota Yaris hybrid.  The spec and interior was great but the exterior is a bit boring (also another £5k) I've looked online at stock of Audi 1 and Mazda 2.  Latest train of thought is that I go on holiday mid September so if nothing concrete when I I return I'll need to go back to the drawing board....unless the dealer would pay for my December service and MOT. That was never discussed as he was expecting delivery before then 

Called the lease company today and had a chat with the lad at who took my order, told him I was looking elsewhere with a view to cancelling my order. He’s going to have a chat with his boss to see if they’ll refund my admin fee, which hopefully should cover most of the service cost on my current car which is due in December.

Only problem now is I’ve found a Focus ST-Line Vignale that’s allegedly in stock and although it’s much pricier than the Fiesta, it’s within my price range. Absolutely gutted because it’s the car I wanted in the first place but I’m unsure now simply because I’ve got such a good price on the fiesta, which also includes a service plan and tyre replacement. Worked it out earlier and if I go for the Focus it’ll cost me an extra four grand over the three year lease term. Not normally a problem but when you factor in servicing and the current elevated cost of fuel, that could be the deposit for my next car. Also not ideal when you’re saving for a wedding.

Waiting on a call anyway about the Focus to see if it is actually physically in stock or whether it was just click bait. Last night I was all set to cancel the fiesta deal and go for the Focus, however I went into my local Ford dealership today and they had the exact car in the showroom that I’ve got on order. Made me think twice. Decisions, decisions!

• Sad 1

Lease company have agreed to refund my admin fee so there’s £300 quid towards the overpriced Mercedes service in December. Happy to wait for the Fiesta now that’s sorted, although I made the mistake of calling into another dealership today who had a Focus ST Line Vignale in magnetic. Had to wipe away a little tear as I walked out of the showroom. Maybe next time… for the price I’m getting my Fiesta for though I really cannot grumble!

• Like 1

As I noted somewhere above I ordered a Titanium 125mHEV 5 door facelift early December 2021. First week in April the dealer got an estimated build date of 31st May with delivery beginning of July. In the middle of July that slipped to build in September but today I went to the dealer who told me it has actually now been built and is on its way to them with delivery to me expected last two weeks of September or early October. So a total delivery delay of a bit over nine months.

As an aside he said Focus and Fiesta deliveries are coming in steadily but the Foci are an interim model that only have Sync3 and not Sync4.

6 hours ago, agraham said:

As an aside he said Focus and Fiesta deliveries are coming in steadily but the Foci are an interim model that only have Sync3 and not Sync4.

Interesting, salesman told me on Tuesday that the Focus models are definitely coming through with Sync 4. Unfortunately I declined his offer to have a look in one (because I knew I’d fall in love with it and pull the trigger on a deal) so can’t confirm if this is true or not.

11 hours ago, Raymond Reddington said:

definitely coming through with Sync 4 ... can’t confirm if this is true or not.

I looked at their cars and the ones they had were definitely fitted with Sync3

@agrahamFantastic news. I ordered my ST-Line just before Christmas so hope mine might be on its way soon 

Aren’t current Fiestas all coming with Sync 2.5? As in no sat nav at least that’s what the April price list says.

Presumably older orders will come with sync 3

my dad should get his November order soon, so be interesting to see what is on that.

No power fold mirrors lol,omg thats crazy,my titanium b and o edition has loads of stuff including folding mirrors,comfort pack,panoramic roof,driver assist pack etc,might be worth looking for a  precious  shape with everything on it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club